PDA

View Full Version : Atgatt?

Feverpitched
26-08-2008, 12:11 AM
Just to inject some discussion into this forum before they get rid of it as an irrelevance, I'm interested in knowing what's the minimum gear you guys wear when you head out for a ride?

I consider myself a bit anal and always wear at the very minimum:-

Leather jacket
Helmet (duh)
Gloves (my winter or my summer ones)
Draggin Jeans*
Boots*

* I've been known to nip down to the shops wearing normal jeans and sneakers and used to ride in GP boots, but only for short distances, and I used to wear Mx shin/knee pads under my Draggins for extended mountain runs (I like my ability to walk unassisted :p).

But on the track I go the burger with the lot:-

2pc suit
Back protector
Kevlar knuckle gloves
Boots
Ear plugs

So.

What do you guys wear when you're out for a ride?

lam.666
26-08-2008, 07:06 AM
shorts and a singlet....

would have to be the most IDIOTIC thing to wear! only if your cool though....

mine is minimum helmet, gloves, jeans and my bike jacket which is a textile one for the moment

was thinking of getting a back protector, knee guards or something, and a leather jacket

on track the last time i went ages ago, borrowed leather jacket, helmet, gloves and jeans... their so strict now

Zdster
26-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Everytime I ride:
Helmet
Leather jacket - just found a summer one as well that is leather and will keep me cool
Back protector
Gloves
Draggins (at a minimum)
Bohn under protection (looking to upgrade this)
Boots

dimensi0n
26-08-2008, 08:21 AM
if its between 1 - 5km i went casual clothing with helmet and glove. if i travel to work/cruise/somewhere far i will put on a jeans and leather jacket.

lo0se3r
26-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Helmet
leather jacket
gloves
jeans
basketball shoes with the ankle strap:p

lam.666
26-08-2008, 10:17 AM
hows it like riding with the bohn gear zdster? i was thinking of getting some under armour stuff too for my commute to work in the event i come off

Zdster
26-08-2008, 10:23 AM
hows it like riding with the bohn gear zdster? i was thinking of getting some under armour stuff too for my commute to work in the event i come off

I like the added security feel. If you have ever come off you know that it hurts, so anything to stop that is a good thing in my opinion. It is a good product in my opinion and I wear them under draggins for extra protection (although you could wear them under normal jeans according to the US Bohn website). My only gripe is that the knee armour moves around a little bit whilst walking (but once on the bike it is fine).

Feverpitched
26-08-2008, 11:30 AM
shorts and a singlet....

would have to be the most IDIOTIC thing to wear! only if your cool though....

Lots of cool people in St. Kilda during summer... :D

I wonder if the Bohn mesh body armour (the Xtreme Cut Body Armour) will survive on its own in a stack? Looks like a great idea for those hot summer days...

Zdster
26-08-2008, 11:41 AM
I wonder if the Bohn mesh body armour (the Xtreme Cut Body Armour) will survive on its own in a stack? Looks like a great idea for those hot summer days...

Well if you look at the website, they claim that the Bohn pants work well under normal jeans, but after wearing them I still feel much more comfortable under a pair of Draggins.

I found a new leather summer jacket which looks like it might be rather good (check out Alpinestars stage jacket).

nvmee
26-08-2008, 01:47 PM
i commute daily in helmet, gloves, kevlar jeans and touring boots.
shorts and singlet is maniac !!! bah im so tired today, feel so week. and i got to ride home later ! ><

na-118
27-08-2008, 01:23 AM
dunlops, shorts, tshirt, helmet

lo0se3r
28-08-2008, 02:25 PM
dunlops, shorts, tshirt, helmet

dude thats G!