PDA

View Full Version : Help needed~~

trevork86
26-08-2008, 01:24 AM
hi guys.

MY head almost smokes as it constanty searches for DIY PICS for installing mugen short shifter into Accord euro CL9. Now, i just give up. Pm sent to Dundas see if he can fix the pics. Anyone can help me here? By posting me a valid url, or lend me a set of tools, or be really nice to offer his/her experience and help me install it??

I will buy you a box of Tooheys if you can help me~:p

Ah... have to sleep. G nite forum, G nite vtec, G nite my euro

Crapdaz
26-08-2008, 07:32 AM
here's a brief of what you need, and installing it back is pretty straight forwards afterwards.

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself. nor the original writer, nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk, also this is from the top of my head not looking at the assembly personally!

TOOLS:
flathead & phillips head screwdriver, long nose pliers, socket wrench with extension bar if needed (10mm or 12mm socket can't remember exact size).

Remove all your trims
- Shift trim removal; Stick your two fingers inside the sides of the boot and you will feel a groove.

- Pull out with force but don't overdo it or you may crack or trim and lose some clips.

- Once you have loosened that trim out, remove the seat warmer connectors (if applicable)

- Undo your ashtray/acc lighting compartment by removing two screws (phillips head) Then take it out. (not sure if its connected to the main compartment area, someone clarify).

- Remove the drink holder by holding each end and pulling out similiar to the shift trim.

- Inside the center compartment inside, remove the rubber bottom and remove the screws inside to loosen, when done try wriggle it free.

If it can't then there may be a few screws i have missed out sorry as i have done this mod a while ago.

Once you have gotten all the trims removed and have access to the shifter assembly.

- remove the attached pin on the side of the side shifting cable and take it off the assembly (closer to drive side).

- remove the center shifting cable by first removing the STOCK U clip which you will need flathead screw driver to pry it out. Jab motions to push up NOT out.

- Remove the bolts holding the assembly with socket wrench +extension + 10 or 12mm socket.

Installing your Mugen S/S
- Reverse your steps and place the supplied U clip before placing the center shifting cable back in otherwise it's a b*tch to jam it in after.

This is my brief description, SORRY AGAIN IF I HAVE MISSED OUT ALOT OF SCREWS WHICH I CAN'T THINK OF FROM THE TOP OF MY HEAD.

trevork86
26-08-2008, 11:04 AM
here's a brief of what you need, and installing it back is pretty straight forwards afterwards.

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself. nor the original writer, nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk, also this is from the top of my head not looking at the assembly personally!

TOOLS:
flathead & phillips head screwdriver, long nose pliers, socket wrench with extension bar if needed (10mm or 12mm socket can't remember exact size).

Remove all your trims
- Shift trim removal; Stick your two fingers inside the sides of the boot and you will feel a groove.

- Pull out with force but don't overdo it or you may crack or trim and lose some clips.

- Once you have loosened that trim out, remove the seat warmer connectors (if applicable)

- Undo your ashtray/acc lighting compartment by removing two screws (phillips head) Then take it out. (not sure if its connected to the main compartment area, someone clarify).

- Remove the drink holder by holding each end and pulling out similiar to the shift trim.

- Inside the center compartment inside, remove the rubber bottom and remove the screws inside to loosen, when done try wriggle it free.

If it can't then there may be a few screws i have missed out sorry as i have done this mod a while ago.

Once you have gotten all the trims removed and have access to the shifter assembly.

- remove the attached pin on the side of the side shifting cable and take it off the assembly (closer to drive side).

- remove the center shifting cable by first removing the STOCK U clip which you will need flathead screw driver to pry it out. Jab motions to push up NOT out.

- Remove the bolts holding the assembly with socket wrench +extension + 10 or 12mm socket.

Installing your Mugen S/S
- Reverse your steps and place the supplied U clip before placing the center shifting cable back in otherwise it's a b*tch to jam it in after.

This is my brief description, SORRY AGAIN IF I HAVE MISSED OUT ALOT OF SCREWS WHICH I CAN'T THINK OF FROM THE TOP OF MY HEAD.

THIS IS AMAZING. Although i'm still a little bit confused... if there were pics of step by step instruction!! ...

Thanks bro, i really appreciate that.

tpphan
26-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Here is a image of the MT Gearshift Mechanism:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10044&stc=1&d=1219713600

Crapdaz
26-08-2008, 11:26 AM
THIS IS AMAZING. Although i'm still a little bit confused... if there were pics of step by step instruction!! ...

Thanks bro, i really appreciate that.

that's what i thought first, but once you take the trim off and and half decent with using tools you will know how everything goes and you learn from DIY.

enkay
26-08-2008, 12:34 PM
that's what i thought first, but once you take the trim off and and half decent with using tools you will know how everything goes and you learn from DIY.

lol thought the same thing. when i 1st started i had no idea other than installed my ipod adapter from b4.
the mugen install pages were enough for me even if i couldnt understand it or anything.

also you may want to check the american tsx forums? im pretty sure there was a ss install diy on there with pics.

Crapdaz
26-08-2008, 12:36 PM
lol thought the same thing. when i 1st started i had no idea other than installed my ipod adapter from b4.
the mugen install pages were enough for me even if i couldnt understand it or anything.

also you may want to check the american tsx forums? im pretty sure there was a ss install diy on there with pics.

lol i read it and it was useless to me, so i winged it.

couldn't be stuffed reading words and trying to interpret what they were talking about.

thought to self - if i couldn't do, whats the point of designing it. hahahaha