PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] I can feel my wipers through my brake pedal

unity
26-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Hi I'd like to ask everyone whether they can feel their wipers through their brake pedal? I experience a sharp pulse in the brake pedal in sync with every time the wipers make a complete rotation. The dealer has not been able to fix it. Anyone have any idea why this would occur?

aaronng
26-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Because the wipers are bolted to the motors which are in contact with the firewall. Your brake pedal is also connected to firewall. Hence, the vibration is transmitted to your pedal. Have you checked if your wipers are gliding across the windscreen smoothly? If not, then that could also be a source of vibration. Try cleaning the wiper blades with alcohol to see if there is an improvement first.

LXRY
26-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Because the wipers are bolted to the motors which are in contact with the firewall. Your brake pedal is also connected to firewall. Hence, the vibration is transmitted to your pedal. Have you checked if your wipers are gliding across the windscreen smoothly? If not, then that could also be a source of vibration. Try cleaning the wiper blades with alcohol to see if there is an improvement first.

I had a look at it personally never seen anything like it aaronng, you can really feel the motion of the wipers when they came accross the windscreen on the brake pedal sort of freaked me out when I first felt it, not abit but alot !! unity's car only done 7,000klm's and the wiper's are running accross the windscreen smoothly, like new....me personally not sure what it could be but it's not right thats for sure ;) Was dark when I saw it so couldn't get into the bonnet to look aswell...

aaronng
26-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Could you feel the vibrations through the floor of the car (the foot area)?

LXRY
26-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Could you feel the vibrations through the floor of the car (the foot area)?

Just had my foot resting on the brake pedal...and the other foot on the floor and couldn't feel anything on the floor only from the brake pedal, was quite obvious

aaronng
26-08-2008, 05:11 PM
I can also feel mine through the brake pedal. It is obvious, but it is not something that I would go "damn, there is a problem!". If the dealer is trying to resolve it, then I would let them continue investigating.

LXRY
26-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Yep "Damn, there seems to be problem with unity's wipers/brakes"

......as above dealer issue ;)

Keep going back till they resolve this unity

unity
26-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys, and thanks LXRY for the other night. Is there a way that I can dampen vibrations from the firewall to stop or minimise any sensation being transmitted inside the cabin of the car?

LXRY
26-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys, and thanks LXRY for the other night. Is there a way that I can dampen vibrations from the firewall to stop or minimise any sensation being transmitted inside the cabin of the car?

Forget about dampening it.

At 7,000klm's you need to get it fixed...go see the dealer before your 10,000klm's don't wait ;)

aaronng
26-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Agreed. If you have warranty, then use it.

The X Man
27-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Mine does it too. You can feel the entire movement of the wiper motor straight through the pedals without doubt.

aaronng
27-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Mine does it too. You can feel the entire movement of the wiper motor straight through the pedals without doubt.

I can feel it too. But it is not a vibration that is to the degree where it is alarming.

hisoka
27-08-2008, 09:57 AM
euro=gay i swear. my wipers make horrible noises. i can feel them on my brake pedal but i dont think its as servere as thread owner