PDA

View Full Version : JDM Navigation systems

skinnyboy
26-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Anybody got a a JDM satnav and actually got it to work on Aussie roads? Most of the ones I have seen have a CD or DVD based OS or smartcard type system which leads me to believe that they could be hacked. Anyone?

Audio Express
27-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Anybody got a a JDM satnav and actually got it to work on Aussie roads? Most of the ones I have seen have a CD or DVD based OS or smartcard type system which leads me to believe that they could be hacked. Anyone?

depends on the system. if its OE then some have been hacked already. if its aftermarket then its usually a bin job.

nissan navs have been done for language as have the mitsi ones. mapping is another issue. if you know the system it runs and the same system is used here then you may have maps.
for me its easier to hack the system and use something else.

ICACHA
27-08-2008, 09:43 PM
you can fit double din in the prelude anyway, why not get one local from a dealer?

try Eclipse AVN6000, 3 yr warranty if installed by authorised dealer and is made in Japan unlike some out there...

JaCe
03-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Jo_E has an aftermarket japanese satnav in his car... I think it says he's in water.

Jo_e
14-09-2008, 03:43 PM
lol it says im in japan somewhere. doesnt work. gotta take it out. maybe stick it in ur car to make it more jdm yo. lol

Philip Lee
15-09-2008, 03:59 PM
i have one in my car. it still says i'm in japan too. lol

i can't be bothered replacing it. it's still good for mp3 and dvds.