PDA

View Full Version : CL9 - What Problems Have You Had?

The X Man
27-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Out of complete frustration with my new car and it's problems i thought i would se what others have experienced with their new Honda Euro's.

Mine so far (car is just 6 weeks old).

Problems
Sunroof seal badly damaged at delivery (entire sunroof now replaced)
Wiper blades unusable at delivery (wiper blades now replaced)
LH rear door Rubber not installed correctly (fixed it myself but the rubber has left an imprint in the leather seat)
A dent the size of a 50c coin in the front passenger seat
A rattle (loose wire) in the head lining
A loud creaking noise from drivers seat base
Clutch pedal feels very rough (intermittent)
Brake pedal feels sloppy
One end of the glovebox sticks out significantly
Rear Left tailight badly installed and sticks out at the bottom

Annoyances
You feel a LOT of vibrations through the pedal (including wipers)
The front door trims rattle like buggery with the stereo on

Call me picky but i did not spend nearly $40K for a car with this amount of problems nor a dealership that isn't jumping over hot coals to fix them!

aaronng
27-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Our dealer repair list is in this thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17711

What is the buiild date of your Euro?

The X Man
27-08-2008, 10:02 AM
What is the buiild date of your Euro?

Feb 08

vte18c
27-08-2008, 10:20 AM
sorry I cant relate to any of the problems your describing... mine is mint.

Pumped
27-08-2008, 10:49 AM
your on the toyota forums right?
had the issues with the aurion too?

how can you get so many issues so soon with two new cars,
Some serious bad luck dude

ive had a few minor rattle issues with the euro, all of which ive fixed myself, honda werent any help

otherwise its fine!

Crapdaz
27-08-2008, 10:52 AM
yeh rattles are bound to happen, i find my left door trims are rattling.
but yeh with all that, seems like you got another lemon then.

sorry to hear that.

Suntzu
27-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Drivers side door power lock failed yesterday but i have extended warranty.
Clutch master cyclinder changed due creak.
Tiny rattles.

Thats in in 3.5 years and 47000km

The X Man
27-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Yep, how ironic. I think Murphy's Law has written a new passage that is preventing me from buying any new cars...

Interstingly enough 2.5 years ago i bought my wife a new Mitsubishi Lancer which has now done 25,000kms and it's never been back for warranty and doesn't even have any rattles at all and it cost $21,000.00 !

unity
27-08-2008, 11:18 AM

Yes I can relate to that. This is most annoying. I will take this matter up with every Melbourne dealer until I get a resolution. I will keep you informed. Likewise, let me know if you have any breakthroughs with regards to this.

Euro08Jaz
27-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Drivers side door power lock failed yesterday but i have extended warranty.
Clutch master cyclinder changed due creak.
Tiny rattles.

Thats in in 3.5 years and 47000km

hey what dealer did you go 2? my friggin dealer wont acknowledge it, drives me nuts!

LXRY
27-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Out of complete frustration with my new car and it's problems i thought i would se what others have experienced with their new Honda Euro's.

Mine so far (car is just 6 weeks old).

Problems
Sunroof seal badly damaged at delivery (entire sunroof now replaced)
Wiper blades unusable at delivery (wiper blades now replaced)
LH rear door Rubber not installed correctly (fixed it myself but the rubber has left an imprint in the leather seat)
A dent the size of a 50c coin in the front passenger seat
A rattle (loose wire) in the head lining
A loud creaking noise from drivers seat base
Clutch pedal feels very rough (intermittent)
Brake pedal feels sloppy
One end of the glovebox sticks out significantly
Rear Left tailight badly installed and sticks out at the bottom

Annoyances
The front door trims rattle like buggery with the stereo on

Call me picky but i did not spend nearly $40K for a car with this amount of problems nor a dealership that isn't jumping over hot coals to fix them!

Sorry to hear you not happy with your euro :(

It's really hit and miss with the euro as far as I can see, some are ok and some are not, real inconsistant in the way honda throwing out their euro's. Seems like they are putting more effort into marketing than manufacturing.

My advice to you is to go back to the dealer and demand they fix the problems don't let up one inch while your car is virtually still fresh out of the car yard, go everyday if you have to, complain to honda Aust. via email EVERYDAY !! If they attempt to fix it, when you pick up the car go through everything with a fine tooth comb while you are still there at the dealership, don't drive out of the dealership unless you have the service manager with you in the car, if not resolved don't drive home demand another car and LEAVE IT THERE !! DON'T PICK UP YOUR CAR UNTIL YOU ARE COMPLETELY SATISFIED, AND IF YOU ARE NOT DEMAND A NEW CAR !!!!

Keep us posted on how you go ;)

Type R Positive
27-08-2008, 06:07 PM
I only had a creaking clutch pedal.
Those aren't major problems at all X man. You shouldn't have those problems though.....

Ken-f
27-08-2008, 09:13 PM
your on the toyota forums right?
had the issues with the aurion too?

You also on whirlpool? lol.

snajper
27-08-2008, 09:29 PM
You had really bad luck.

I just sold my MY06 Euro on the weekend with 50K on the clock. Bought it brand new 2 years ago and didn't have a single repair done on it.

The X Man
27-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Whilst not major they are not normal and not expected for a brand new $40k car. Whats made it so dissapointing is that numerous people said to me, buy Honda or Mazda, they are great cars and you won't have any issues so i bought one and i am back to square one again. If you had any idea on the amount of time i spent at Toyota dealerships with the Aurion you would near kill yourself to have all this repeated again with the Honda.

That said, Toyota were far, far better at acknowledging the problems i had with the previous car and did try at every instance to rectify the faults even though their efforts failed. At the end the admitted that they could not fix the car and settled the problem with an extremely generous offer.

To me, the impression i get is that Honda Australia has it's dealers by the balls and really does not care about it's customers once the car is sold and this bounces back to the customer via the dealers. The just aren't interested in some types of problems and this has been reflected in these very forums by many members. The attitude from the Honda dealer i went to is nothing close to that of Toyota, not even close. Honda Australia could learn a lot about customer service from Toyota Australia, let me tell you.

Whilst not surprising i have not even had a phone call from the salesperson who sold the car to me (they said within 2 weeks) however i have emailed her multiple times about the problems i have been having. No followup, no nothing. Take your money and run attitude proudly displayed here.

The car is booked in yet again next week so i will see how things go and if they stuff me around more i will be letting all know who this dealer is and making a massive noise about it all over the internet and hound Honda with daily complaints. It worked with Toyota and the outcome was fantastic. The Honda dealer is on a main road with a massive amount of cars that pass daily, they would not want a car parked out front with signs on it.

tony1234
28-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Whilst not major they are not normal and not expected for a brand new $40k car. Whats made it so dissapointing is that numerous people said to me, buy Honda or Mazda, they are great cars and you won't have any issues so i bought one and i am back to square one again. If you had any idea on the amount of time i spent at Toyota dealerships with the Aurion you would near kill yourself to have all this repeated again with the Honda.

That said, Toyota were far, far better at acknowledging the problems i had with the previous car and did try at every instance to rectify the faults even though their efforts failed. At the end the admitted that they could not fix the car and settled the problem with an extremely generous offer.

To me, the impression i get is that Honda Australia has it's dealers by the balls and really does not care about it's customers once the car is sold and this bounces back to the customer via the dealers. The just aren't interested in some types of problems and this has been reflected in these very forums by many members. The attitude from the Honda dealer i went to is nothing close to that of Toyota, not even close. Honda Australia could learn a lot about customer service from Toyota Australia, let me tell you.

Whilst not surprising i have not even had a phone call from the salesperson who sold the car to me (they said within 2 weeks) however i have emailed her multiple times about the problems i have been having. No followup, no nothing. Take your money and run attitude proudly displayed here.

The car is booked in yet again next week so i will see how things go and if they stuff me around more i will be letting all know who this dealer is and making a massive noise about it all over the internet and hound Honda with daily complaints. It worked with Toyota and the outcome was fantastic. The Honda dealer is on a main road with a massive amount of cars that pass daily, they would not want a car parked out front with signs on it.
I suggest you try another dealer service dept.

hooyn
28-08-2008, 08:02 AM
mine is also mint.
i cant hear any rattles or anything lol. just get the creaking clutch once n a while but i dont even pay attention to it anymore.
sorry to hear your bad luck man!

ohhh yeah... some issues i made myself. creaking coils and my xcarlink i put it in the glovebox and when i close the glovebox it squeezes the wire and i only get sound out of the left side speakers lol. so i gotta drive with it open.

but in the end. MINT!