PDA

View Full Version : JDM ITR header

dumped echo
27-08-2008, 02:08 PM
I've got a JDM 96 ITR header. Its definately fatter and internal diameter of the piping is bigger than the AUDM headers. Problem is because of the bigger diameter, the donut end flange wont line up to the AUDM cat.
Thing is...people sell JDM cats to fit AUDM headers. Does that mean that the JDM ITR cats are different to other JDM cats?
In any case...i'm using a b16a header atm just to drive it around, but do you think i should just take the cat to an exhaust shop to weld on a bigger flange or is there some other way short of finding a full JDM exhaust system?

vincikwan
27-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Yup. the JDM cat is longer than the ADM cat. And of course it is 2.5inch instead of 2.25inch. So best way is to get a JDM cat or an after market cat that would fit. You dont need a full JDM exhaust system.

As for me when i bought my spoon header, i just custom made a test pipe to fit both ends.

VTECMACHINE
27-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Yup. the JDM cat is longer than the ADM cat.

JDM ITR cat is around an INCH SHORTER than the AUDM ITR cat. NOT longer.

dumped echo
27-08-2008, 03:14 PM
yeah actually i think its like 2 inches....So even if i got a JDM cat i'd be left with a gap between the cat and the cat-back.
If i want to keep the costs down and use an AUDM cat then just get a 2.5" flange welded on?

VTECMACHINE
27-08-2008, 03:17 PM
I guess so.

What Cat back do you have? You can also just get a JDM ITR cat, and then extend your B-pipe by an inch or 2. Or if you are going to buy a JDM exhaust, it will all bolt on perfectly fine with a JDM cat.

90LAN
27-08-2008, 03:46 PM
u will need to extend your aus b pipe 10cm if u run the jdm oem headers and cat

dumped echo
28-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Yeah that's what i figured.
Buying a jdm cat is like pretty $$$ from what i've seen.
May as well get a metalcat or something. If both require welding to fit....
Thanks guys

VTECMACHINE
28-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Around $150 I thought from JDM concept...?

scyt7e
30-08-2008, 04:51 PM
hahha all JDM cats cost like minimum 150 regardless of age, freaking amusing, but anyway even if u extend ur pipe u still need the flange and donut gasket which i can recommend to get off yonas.. :thumbsup: then u can just fit it to a custom cat or even ur audm cat... i may be wrong here though about the audm cat :D

dumped echo
01-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Thanks guys...
i'll just keep using my B16A headers, AUDM cat and stock breeze exhaust until i absolutely have to change it.