PDA

View Full Version : EG starting problems..

jdm_fanatic
27-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Hey guys.. maybe u guys can help me out..

My distributor stuffed up on me.. So i got that changed and now its having problems starting, especially in the mornings..

Sometimes the car doesn't start.. but maybe wait for 2-3 hours... it starts.. The engine is sound alot louder and vibrates more.. im soo losted?..

can anybody help?

eG_YoDa
27-08-2008, 11:57 PM
maybe timing?
had similar problem on my AE86 when i did the 4AGE conversion

dumped echo
28-08-2008, 01:01 PM
yeah if its not the new distributor then i'd say timing...

EG3B16
29-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Jan u need a tune up man.. =)

Pat

DNY*BOY
10-09-2008, 08:00 PM
plugs/ leeds? check timing had a similar prob in my eg did u change everything ie cap & leeds? recheck everything , who did dizzy ?

baeshin
12-09-2008, 09:14 PM
who changed ur dizzy.. bring it back to em

OMG.JAI xD
12-09-2008, 09:30 PM
undo the bolts that hold the dizzy in place.
move the dizzy around to advance or retard the timing until you have a smooth idle.
youll probably stall it. if you do. turn it the other way till you get smooth idle. trial n error without tools =]

then grab a timing light and do it properly.

jdm_fanatic
17-09-2008, 07:48 AM
hmm okay.. well i got my mate to change it.. but yeah.. its idling weird.. i should get an auto electrician to look at it for me huh?... sometimes it starts fine.. and then won't start at all.. but if i wait like 1 hr or 30mins even, it starts.. so weird..

jdm_fanatic
17-09-2008, 07:50 AM
hmm ok.. what if i just get my auto electrician to look at it for me?.. or is it my mechanic?.. i got my mate to change the dizzy thats why. no clue timing had to be to adjusted aswel.. such a noob.. hehehe..

its weird.. sometimes it doesn't start at all and then if i wait like 1 hr.. it starts.. such a pain in the arse..!!!..

i was thinking its my battery.. because shes spitting out now.. and yeah.. i thought maybe a weak battery will contribute to my problem..

teh_mechanic
19-09-2008, 08:56 AM
if you paid no attention to timing when you installed the dizzy then chances are your ignition timing is out.
next time, mark where the old one is and put the new one in at the exact same spot.
if you undo the bolts locking the dizzy in, then you can rotate the dizzy through an arc about 2cm long, this changes your ignition timing.

loosen the dizzy bolts (but leave them in), get someone to crank the engine over while you rotate the dizzy slowly either way and see if it changes anything. if it does help then your timing is out, so you need a timing light to set it properly