PDA

View Full Version : Traders and cars

Nax
28-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Although the current setup is good once u know what and who your looking for, i think it might be a good idea if a section was put in for each make of car. So you would go into traders or the particular car section and there is either a sticky or a sub thread for "parts"

example. I drive a dc2, i need some parts, but im not fussed who i go to, i go to the traders/integra section. click on the parts subthread and blamo, all the advertisers and private/traders have integra parts there.

thoughts

SiReal
01-09-2008, 09:41 AM
this would be an absolute nightmare to manage. Products for cars are usually interchangeable, parts and products are changed, made redundant and refreshed as often as I change my socks.

Its handy, and has its merits, but this will mean managing a function that will basically be made redundant once new products are released. I don't ever see this being implemented.

Nax
01-09-2008, 09:42 AM
could u break it up into sections to make it easier then? like just an exhaust section, just an audio section etc, cuz its a bit of a bugger hunting thro each trader to see if they have wat your lookin for.

JasonGilholme
01-09-2008, 09:43 AM
just search your chassis code and restrict the search to the traders section ;)

advanced search yO!

Nax
01-09-2008, 09:44 AM
lol i can never get search to work, always comes up with garbage and things that dont even make sense,

gotta get leet with my search! ill play it thro on legendary and by the time i finish that i should be pretty good

SiReal
01-09-2008, 09:58 AM
so what if someone has a thread which advertises items of several groups?

Its really not going to work. If you want something bad enough, you'll do your search and you'll get your part.

94dc2tegz
01-09-2008, 10:50 AM
dude u've only been a member for a month

don't be lazy... SEARCH!

panda[cRx]
01-09-2008, 07:03 PM
errrrrr how about NO

wynode
04-09-2008, 10:43 PM
just search your chassis code and restrict the search to the traders section ;)

advanced search yO!
As above.

But like SiReal said it's a nightmare to implement and maintain otherwise.