PDA

View Full Version : EG9 B16A into EG5 VTi Wiring information

gasit
29-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Hi guys, I'm new to the Honda scene, spent alot of time on Toyota's before. I'm doing a B16A conversion in my 1994 VTi and thought this information might be useful as i searched for it but couldn't really find all the answers.

I'm using the EG5 chassis harness and then connecting the B16A engine harness to it. There are 4 sensors that need to be wired in. I traced what i could of the EG9 chassis harness and came up with the following:

Knock Sensor
Red wire with a blue stripe = ECU D3
(No wire on EG5 chassis so has to be wired in)

MAP Sensor
Yellow wire with green stripe = ECU D19
Blue wire with green stripe = ECU D21
White wire = ECU D17
(haven't checked the EG5 loom but since the MAP sensor is on the EG5 engine harness i will assume these wires plug into the grey plugs on the passenger suspension tower)

O2 Sensor
Green wire with white stripe = ECU D22 (already in EG5 loom as i think it's GND)
Orange wire with black stripe = ECU A6 ( has to be wired in)
White = ECU D14 (already wired in EG5 loom)
Yellow wire with black stripe = goes to third grey connector on the drivers side suspension tower which connects to all the 12V wires

ELD (Electronic Load Detector - under the JDM fuse box, EG5 doesn't have it, you will have to find a JDM fusebox)
Black wire with one silver dash = (this wire was cut but i assume is GND)
Green wire with red stripe and one silver dash = ECU D10
Black wire with yellow stripe = splits off into three wires
1)Orange plug under the drivers side dash, i'm assuming this is the diagnostic plug
2) the other two wires go under the dash and connect to the grey plug under the drivers side dash (there is also a brown connector plug next to it) this in turn connects to the wiring harness that goes through the firewall to the drivers side grey plugs (from the grey plug under the dash to the grey plugs on the suspension tower the EG5 seems to have the wiring there), from there
2a) Yellow wire with blue stripe = the middle wire on the speed sensor on gearbox
2b) Black wire with yellow stripe goes to the alternator plug

I hope this info is of use to someone, please correct me if i'm wrong.

Wil

VTec1987
30-08-2008, 01:04 PM
You just need to disable the ELD from the rom, it will not affect the performance.