PDA

View Full Version : A lil vibration

soongster
01-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Hey guys, ive noticed the jazz getting a lil vibration when accelerating from idle. The vibration is coming from the front right side. just a brief vibration..like for 1-2 seconds. Dont really know what it is. Even the people at Honda dont know what the problem is.

I know it will get worse cos i accompanied a friend to test drive a Jazz a couple o months back and that jazz's vibration was waaayyy worse. it vibrated until it changed to 2nd gear.

04-09-2008, 06:32 AM
Do you drive a CVT or manual?

The CVT automatic was affected by a vibration issue when accelerating hard off a standing start.

soongster
06-09-2008, 02:37 AM
im not sure what a CVT is, but my jazz is definitely an auto, but with the 7 gear transmission at the steering wheel. sorry, jazz-noob here

07-09-2008, 03:12 PM
and thats what we called cvt trans 7 speed

soongster
12-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Do you drive a CVT or manual?

The CVT automatic was affected by a vibration issue when accelerating hard off a standing start.

okay.. now i know what a CVT is, whats the remedy for that lil vibration?:cool:

Jazzdude
17-09-2008, 09:46 AM
You need to take your car to the dealer and get the CVT oil changed ASAP. I had the same problem and changing the oil fixed it. But make sure the dealer uses the CVT oil (which is a transmission oil specifically designed for CVT gearbox) and not the ATF Z-1 which is for the conventional gearbox. Be warned though, the CVT oil is pricey, but you don't really have a choice either.

soongster
18-09-2008, 11:11 AM
alright, so where can i get the CVT fluid? only from Honda? and roughly how much is it? ive heard some people say they change it every 25000 kms and some say 2 years :eek:, which is it?

DR HONDA
18-09-2008, 02:34 PM
alright, so where can i get the CVT fluid? only from Honda? and roughly how much is it? ive heard some people say they change it every 25000 kms and some say 2 years :eek:, which is it?
Id change it every 20000ks like the old honda service schedules and this is most gaurenteed to give you a life long security of the trans.

panda[cRx]
18-09-2008, 05:29 PM
it is your start clutch causing the shudder. take it to your dealer, they will do a flush and replacement using the 'new' cvtf fluid rather than the standard z1 auto trans fluid. they should reset your start clutch at the same time

that should fix it, if not your dealer should put in a request to honda australia to get a new start clutch for you under honda warranty.
even though your car is out of warranty you should have no problems getting it done under warranty as it is a known issue

^ and as the doc says i highly recommend changing auto/cvt fluid every 20k

soongster
18-09-2008, 05:40 PM
thanks for the advise guys. will get it changed soon. dont want anything to happen, would we? lulz. cheers!