PDA

View Full Version : Ivory Interior

qmjona
29-09-2004, 10:26 PM
When I got my car I really wanted black.

But when I found there was no mix and match possible with interior and exteriour colour, I restricted choice to the colours with a black interior.

I thought that the cream interior would be a disastor for me: kids, + lots of use etc.

Just wondering how owners of black (looks best IMO), white, and red cars have found the durability of their cream interior?

by the way, I ended up with the dark grey, but the I like the blue too.

Type R Positive
29-09-2004, 10:33 PM
yeah mate, no white interior for me!!! (lots of red dust where I live) That ruled out leather interior as well so stuck with base model. There is stuff all difference (fogs, HID, sunroof, electric folding mirrors, leather).

I was pissed off cause I would have got a milano red one (they apparently go faster).

The US can have grey if they want. ripped off!

euro77
29-09-2004, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I understand your concern. I too choose the grey one, simply because the black ones come with ivory interior colour and you can't change it! (unless you re-trim it of course) Otherwise, I would've gone black, euro is sexiest in black IMO :D

Pum[Z]
30-09-2004, 12:10 AM
Ivory Interior sux....

I mean it looks really nice having a black car with a ivory interior because it looks quite luxurious but it sure is a hassle having ivory leather seats. Mine is already a bit black and i have used what honda said will nourish and clean it which is Auto Glym. Well Auto Glym is endorsed by the Queen and Prince Charles but i guess they have no clue when it comes to cleaning leather seats do they.... It doesn't work....

I read from another post that meguiars leather cleaner works so might give that a try.... I love Meguiars most of their products smell like Japanase Grape Flavoured sodas/Candy....

ECU-MAN
30-09-2004, 12:40 AM
bumma Hey,

I got Ivory cloth, Im tough on the Kids, no food or marking toys, I have to clean scuff marks that shoes leave behind off door trims, I found the Driver is worse than the kids :), cloth cleans OK

Black Looks awsome though, I can live with it.

dareyah
30-09-2004, 04:31 AM
I've found that jeans are nasty to Ivory leather. Depending on how new your jeans are (and blue), it leaves a shade of blue behind. No other gripes so far.

I've bought the meguiares leather thing. The funny thing was when I went to remove slight swirls from the body, I accidentally grabbed the leather cleaner rather than the swirl x. Strange thing was that it worked too! LOL. I only realised when it smelt nice. Read the label and it was talking about aloe and moisterizing. I was thinking the heck!? ooops..

28RAG
30-09-2004, 11:26 AM
ive got a maroon car (at the moment - respray coming) with a blue and white interior, everything is redone. Looks a treat even with maroon exterior but i got white rims so that helps

my mate does it so if anyones in qld and wants a good deal i can talk to him for ya

Mr. Focus
30-09-2004, 11:30 AM
i can vouch for that as he is now a sponsor of my club- FOCUS MOTORSPORTS

coladuna
30-09-2004, 06:19 PM
yeah mate, no white interior for me!!! (lots of red dust where I live) That ruled out leather interior as well so stuck with base model.

:confused: Doesn't make any sense to me.
If you have lots of red dust, wouldn't leather seats be better because you can just wipe it off? If you have cloth seats, it'll stain the cloth.

Type R Positive
30-09-2004, 06:23 PM
would you like red stains on your leather?? It is hard enough keeping black clean let alone white.

It gets over 50 deg up here, Fabric is much much cooler. No leather for me!

coladuna
30-09-2004, 10:26 PM
would you like red stains on your leather?? It is hard enough keeping black clean let alone white.

It gets over 50 deg up here, Fabric is much much cooler. No leather for me!

Leather IS easier to keep clean especially when you are talking about black leather. Even if you spill something, you can just wipe it off. On cloth seats, it'll be absorbed very quickly. The point is, dust won't stain leather seats in most cases unless you forcefully rub it in or not clean it for a very long time.
Cloth seats are very easy to get stained even without any moisture.

If it's that hot, did you get your car tinted?
I just got it done today because it'll be a torture for the car's interior during Queensland summer without it. supposedly, it reduces the heat in the car by 75%. Window tints are a must in hot parts of Australia to protect your interior and to keep cool.

Type R Positive
30-09-2004, 10:33 PM
I understand about tint, I have not done it yet, but will soon. It means a 1500km trip to do it.

There is no f'ing way I would have a leather interior up here. I don't think you guy's really understand. Fabric is easier to clean, such as steam cleaning which you cant do to leather.

ECU-MAN
30-09-2004, 10:35 PM
I understand about tint, I have not done it yet, but will soon. It means a 1500km trip to do it.

There is no f'ing way I would have a leather interior up here. I don't think you guy's really understand. Fabric is easier to clean, such as steam cleaning which you cant do to leather.
:thumbsup:

yfin
01-10-2004, 06:23 PM
I wanted the black Euro too - I just knew, however, the ivory cloth interior would look crap after a few years...

Ecu-man - your comments about cleaning scuff marks from shoes on doors confirms that I just couldn't live with the ivory. I find it hard enough to keep the exterior of my Euro clean.

ECU-MAN
01-10-2004, 06:42 PM
Ecu-man - your comments about cleaning scuff marks from shoes on doors confirms that I just couldn't live with the ivory. I find it hard enough to keep the exterior of my Euro clean.

I know I know, but when she says she wants a black Euro, She Gets a Black Euro, know what I mean.

coladuna
02-10-2004, 10:34 AM
I don't know why they chose to use Velour material on standard Euro. A high quality cloth material would have been much better and more durable.
I wanted black Euro as well but when I found out that it came with woodgrain interior and ivory leather, I completely ruled it out. Ivory interior makes the car look more suitable for older people, I think.

Also, it's been about 3 months since my sister bought a black car and it's frustratingly difficult to keep in good condition. I'm not just talking about how dirty it gets after 1 day since you last washed it. Swirl marks are very visible and it gets really annoying. However, it looks awesome with darkest legal tint.

Slugoid
02-10-2004, 11:22 PM
Ivory is a pain to keep clean, because the door trims and carpet are also ivory. Plus the fact that I always wear jeans doesn't make it any better.

If only there was black interior with black Euro's....I think that would be a top selling combination.

Off topic: I heard that Artic Blue is not available in the luxury model. Can someone confirm this?

coladuna
03-10-2004, 12:20 AM
I heard that Artic Blue is not available in the luxury model. Can someone confirm this?

Heard wrong. It's very available.
I know because I initially ordered Arctic Blue at first but changed to Graphite Pearl later on.

Creative
03-10-2004, 01:32 PM
Black lude with Ivory leather here - NO MARKINGS over the 9 months I have had the car and NO MARKING for the 2 years the previous owner had the car...:)

I have just replaced my ivory cloth mats as they were disrty as hell....

:)

blueeuro
05-10-2004, 03:59 PM
I wanted the Red (it's not called red but I can't be bother looking the real name up) Euro, and did test drive one, but it happened to be a wet day. I noticed how dirty the mats were already, that convinced me to choose only a colour that came with a black interior. So Arctic Blue it was, absolutely no regrets.

FORGED
05-10-2004, 05:23 PM
yeah, im just cut they didnt bring out the 94 accords etc with the different tan colour interior over here. we are all stuck with the grey velour!!

eknine
05-10-2004, 06:22 PM
whats the interior colour for graphite?

Type R Positive
05-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Black interior = graphite, silver, blue
Ivory interior = black, white, ruby

28RAG
05-10-2004, 06:41 PM
my interior

eknine
05-10-2004, 06:43 PM
Black interior = graphite, silver, blue
Ivory interior = black, white, ruby

thx :)

28RAG
05-10-2004, 06:44 PM
more

qmjona
05-10-2004, 09:31 PM
Hmm. - Looks like most owners have confirmed what I was worried about, but it also sounds like some have found ways to live with it.
I really agree that fixing colour combinations is a big mistake, would be nice if we could choose.