PDA

View Full Version : Side air bags and seat covers

qmjona
29-09-2004, 10:36 PM
When I got my new car home this week, I went to put on some seat covers and noticed the little airbag tag on the side of the front seats. So I guess no seat covers?

Does anyone know of a type of cover, or way of fitting etc. that does not interfer with the air bag? (it comes out of the side of the seat right?) All I can think of is a cover that has no sides and back?

Last question tonight I promise.

Type R Positive
29-09-2004, 10:40 PM
no seat covers! I have seen lambs wool "inserts" somewhere that you can get. I cant remember where, but my GF wants some covers as well. They are just the middle bit with out the sides.

Pum[Z]
30-09-2004, 12:21 AM
If not u can get normal seat covers and pray that u will never be involved in a crash that will deploy those side seat airbags.... :D

ECU-MAN
30-09-2004, 12:34 AM
From Honda you wont get any seat covers, id be vary cautious about trim shops with there custom made seat covers. unless anyone has done crash testing to prove there ok stay away from them. just not worth it in the event of a crash, some one might get hurt. Insurance company might become difficult.

kanthan
30-09-2004, 12:04 PM
this is the bit i dont get....is the airbag in the seat or in the side panel next to the seat? I was told the reason why there is no back seat warmer (only bottom half) on the passenger side was because of the side airbag. Wont that mean, the same thing applies to the drivers side? or is it just a reason honda is using to be tight and not fit the heater to the backside.

ECU-MAN
30-09-2004, 12:28 PM
this is the bit i dont get....is the airbag in the seat or in the side panel next to the seat? I was told the reason why there is no back seat warmer (only bottom half) on the passenger side was because of the side airbag. Wont that mean, the same thing applies to the drivers side? or is it just a reason honda is using to be tight and not fit the heater to the backside.

the air bag is in the side of the seat, in the lumba section of the passanger seat there is a pressure sensor which could interfear with the seat warmer, dont know, but its not uncommon for us not to get all the goodies, JDM might have them, its a way to keep the cost down of a new car, take away all the good stuff :(

EuroAccord13
30-09-2004, 12:59 PM
A bit O.T but..

One more thing to note, I realise that everytime my GF sits sideways or nearer to the end of the seat, the side airbag indicators comes on to tell me that it has been deactivated...

PERTH_EURO
30-09-2004, 02:41 PM
yep there is sensors that do that when they detect limbs or whatever between the seat n door. (something like that anyway) It happened to me, i was a little concerned and actually read the manual to find out what it was all about

ECU-MAN
30-09-2004, 03:15 PM
yeah it a pressure sensor in the lumba section of the seat, when my woman sits leaning forward the light goes on. normal

Type R Positive
30-09-2004, 03:18 PM
leans forward, or bobs up and down :p

coladuna
30-09-2004, 10:19 PM
Don't bother with seat covers.
You'll pretty much render your side airbags useless.
That's why Honda doesn't offer leather interior option on standard Euro as a dealer option. Some dodgy dealers are out there who still does it though.

If you want to protect your seats from wear and tear, just get a cushion or something, preferably something thin.