PDA

View Full Version : Jazz, CD not working

MIRZ
01-09-2008, 10:00 PM
for last few days, i noticed that when i insert CD in drive, it says loading, and then it turns back to radio, and does not play cd at all.

i have tried few different CDs but same problem.

before when CD was in, there is green light next to it was use to stay on as indicator that there is a CD inside, but that green light is also not staying on :(

its a stock system, can someone please help me, whats wrong here, and how it can be fixed, thanks.

dj_s2k
01-09-2008, 10:52 PM
how old is the car ? if its still under warranty i wouldn't worry about it and take it back to the dealer for them to have a look at it.

MIRZ
02-09-2008, 08:42 PM
i dont think its under warranty, its 2003, more than 5 years old and about 78k driven.

mars_panas
02-09-2008, 08:46 PM
hrmms try re-setting it from the back... if problem still occurs... just get a aftermarket CD player that can play mp3s or even better DVDs

MIRZ
02-09-2008, 08:51 PM
before opening anything i just wanna make sure if it can be resolved without opening bits and pieces :)

mars_panas
02-09-2008, 08:54 PM
hrmms... trying to think if it has a reset button on the face... cnt remember seeing i replaced my one straight away when i bought my Jazz...

maybe try taking out the fuse or resetting the battery...

sorry cant think of anything thing else...

DC5TYPER
02-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Pulling out the Fuse for the radio that is connected to the battery for memory is exactly the same as pulling out the plug from behind.

Try that and if no luck, if you need a new unit, Pm myself.

Cheers,
VEL

panda[cRx]
03-09-2008, 08:00 AM
as others stated you can always get an aftermarket unit, otherwise if you want to stay OEM your honda dealer can do an out of warranty changeover for a flat fee

MIRZ
04-09-2008, 08:40 PM
today i tried to remove fuse for more than 10 mins, but after that same result :(

this system is all hidden, and looks very different from what normaly you can buy from shops.

is there any special extra console part is required to install regular aftermarket unit in this car???

mars_panas
04-09-2008, 08:43 PM
today i tried to remove fuse for more than 10 mins, but after that same result :(

this system is all hidden, and looks very different from what normaly you can buy from shops.

is there any special extra console part is required to install regular aftermarket unit in this car???

all you need is the face for the HU the double din face don't know what it is actually called... and that's about it.... and yeah the pocket too if ur just putting in a single din HU....

you can get the face from the traders here on OH...