PDA

View Full Version : installing angel eyes headlights/tailights

paps02
02-09-2008, 01:20 PM
UPDATED ok so i got my new headlights theyr black smoked angel eye and i worked out how to connect them with a little help.. now atm they got h1 globes (high and low not 2 in 1) but i wanna know if i can get the nice blue colour my old h4's achieved?? how can i do this. obdviously ineed new globes? does connecting a HID kit make this happen automatically with the h1's cause of the different power, or do i still need the 6000k 5000k whatever k globe aswell???

problem number 2... i also got tailights and they have direct plug in harnesses however;

brake or indicate whilst braking = brake lights + (both front, rear, left and right)indicator lights come on
indicate left = left indicator flashes + right indicator flashes very lightly also(front and rear)

STILL LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH any ideas how to fix problem number 2?

or is the answer to both my questions STILL = autoelectrician?

EK1.6LCIV
02-09-2008, 01:24 PM
I wish I lived near you, easy fix, or come round and see my setup, way too much writing, more of a visual thing for the headlights

I only went to the auto electrican for him to give me the proper fuse and to put in my switch to turn on the lights, I wired the rest up. Once you see my setup it will be all clear, you northside or southside?

paps02
02-09-2008, 01:29 PM
carindale!

too far? il buy u nandos for lunch if you help me do it/do it... sounds confusing with the switches and what not.... maybe best for me to take it to autoelectrician? would hate to blow the lights cause i havnt set it up right

got pics?

EK1.6LCIV
02-09-2008, 01:35 PM
The red is positive and the black is negative, I have connected all the reds up separtely to the black wires and then ran a switch in the circuit with a fuse before the switch in the engine bay on the positive line and after the fuse it tees off back to the battery. All of the black (ground line) just goes back to a central grounding point in the engine bay.

But I'll give you my number and arrange a time to have a look, Nandos sounds nice lol

dumped echo
02-09-2008, 06:54 PM
1. The red and black wires for the angel eyes go to your parking light wires....so first click on the light switch turns on the angel eyes....second click is headlights.

2. Could just be a short in the system somewhere....try fix problem 1 first. If everything is fine after that...then install the rear lights. If the problem remains then pull out the multimeter and test why there is power to the indicators when you don't want it.
Autoelec is unnecessary for this problem. Just take your time and think about it logically

altong0840
04-09-2008, 03:44 PM
i got the same as you, i just cut the parking light wires and connect it with the angle eyes wires.

paps02
05-09-2008, 08:03 AM
^^^ I have three wires coming from my parker light harness.... might have to be a little more specific

Boban
05-09-2008, 07:19 PM
hey buddy i'm located at mt gravatt east down the road from you. Let me know if you and ryan (EK1.6....) get stuck somewhere and i'll offer my 2c and see if i can help

paps02
06-09-2008, 05:31 PM
thanks heaps for the offer. but i figured it out/somoene explained it to me. it just connects to the parker light harness... seemd to work when i trialled it lasnight so im going to fly with that for now....

next problem... anybody know where i can h4 bulbs? my other h4's dont fit as its a twin beam(high and normal mode)... has to be single beam h4's.

any help would be saweet.

cheers all

Sydsyd
07-09-2008, 10:43 AM
as far as i know there's no single beam (LO only) H4...the bulb for ur angel eyes could be a single beam bulb like H1 etc...

paps02
07-09-2008, 12:11 PM
yer it is h1

Sydsyd
07-09-2008, 01:16 PM
just go to autobarn/repco/supercheap etc to get those bulbs...or u could try the trader LiquidSound here...

Fo55il
07-09-2008, 03:24 PM
mmmmmm

use fuses and resistors 12v Just in case,

if u lazy to do it, im gon wait till u post a new thread "how to repair halos"

paps02
07-09-2008, 03:30 PM
lol ^^^

how

Fo55il
07-09-2008, 03:32 PM
go jay car, buy 2 resistors, 2 fuses

both 12v

attach em on d wires.

i think resistor goes on d negative.
sum1 will have to clarify

CER-15E
08-09-2008, 12:49 AM
glad to see ur gettin it all sorted out..

u got ne pics of how they look?

paps02
08-09-2008, 08:21 AM
too ashamed to show my car with a cracked front kit. but im thinkin this weekend il put them in(attempt to put them in). then il get some picys up for ya'll.

Riviera
10-09-2008, 05:22 PM
hey dude

the names H1,H4,H11,9005 are just a name
to tell certain types of bulbs apart, doesnt matter
what wattage it is or kelvin reading. it just tells you
what type of bulb it is, and theyre all have different
wattages and K readings like this..

H1 = Single filiment doesnt matter about the wattage
or Kelvin reading... it can range from 55W 65W 100W 150W
doesnt matter its still a single filiment bulb
used in seperated bulb housings, llike the DC2 integra
it has 2 seperate bulbs one for high beam and one for low

H4 = Dual filiment, 90W/100W, it doesnt matter what reading in kelvin it is
its just a duel filiment bulb that when u put high beam on it activates the
higher beam filiment in most cases turning the low beam filiment off
well thats what it does in my EK anyways...

heres a scale of kelvin, its a temperature reading btw
not a colour reading, depending on what temp the filiment
is at determines the colour...

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/images...rtempchart.jpg

hope it helps, and i hope im correct lol.... plzplzplz dont blow up pplz thank you!!!

altong0840
11-09-2008, 10:55 AM
h1 only