PDA

View Full Version : READ THIS >>>QLD All Motor series CONFIRMED dates coming shortly

PP Sports sedan
02-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Ok jamboree's over ....So what now ? if there are only two rounds next year ( which i think is a bit strange) as QLD can and has supported 2 rounds the third would be obviously Sydney , The unfortunate size of our country means we tow for 12-14 hours which means at least 2 more days off work .. Unless we all pool together and hire a car transporter to sydney for that round .I'd be more than happy to do that ..accom and airfare i can help with as my lovely wife runs a couple of flight ctr offices ,as we saw at jamboree we can get the numbers there a field of 20 cars was a very good turnout , also the field was very close ,mostly 12 sec cars and faster .. imo thats as good as we get here ( in Australia) as mentioned in "other "threads maybe we should be looking at pooling sponsorship dollars otherwise the cost of travel at our level is just not an option.Another idea i had was perhaps a multi event class in Queensland is another option , i know this is really out there but what if we have our own series that doesn't require us to book the track , wtf? i hear you say ? .... here's my idea there are at least 100 test n tune events a year right? ... why don't we make our Qld series at them we could have 10 rounds a year and at the end we'd have a champion ... we can borrow on the point system from somewhere i'm sure , The major plus to this is if it works , we have the platform for a state championship ...if we have that we can take it to Andra or Sport compact .. Now it wont be too hard to organise we can setup a round robin system to have our runs at each event (if you've ever played tennis you'll know what i mean .)Then after the first event we'd have our rankings .. now because test n tune meetings are dyo noone has any advantage.
Before you write this idea off just give it a min and think about it who wouldn't want our own Qld series theres enough of us vw's Honda & Rotary ... bare with me on that ...
cheers ..

PP Sports sedan
02-09-2008, 10:05 PM
ok within hours of posting this we now have a series sponsor and by a series i mean : Trophy's & Possible prize money.. over 5 events for the year ... Private track time under the banner of Speedtime with the suport of Ray box from Sport compact as well , stay tuned .. all is being worked out , details to follow ..Ok who's interested ?????
http://allmotor.angrybeeracing.com/bbpress/topic.php?id=4
Remember there is only one Sc meeting in Qld next year .. and only 2 Sc meeting for the year
This could be just the thing AM in australia needs ...BUT if noone shows any interest All Motor is DEAD in Australia obviously there's more honda's in all motor than anything else, I'm not asking for entry fees just interest as to who would do the Series ..

What is it going to take to get you guys out there ?...

iijjee
05-09-2008, 11:10 AM
I'd come along if there was interest and...

if we could mainly do it on Test n Tune Wednesdays or Thursdays!

Saturday nights are hard for me, especially in the summer months!

My car's only a 13 high car at best though so would it be a dial your own event or straight drag?

PP Sports sedan
05-09-2008, 07:26 PM
DYO , but i dont organize the dates mate sorry ..

honda_b_blastn
07-09-2008, 04:13 PM
yer yer im deff interested in this,great way to get some attention in all motor

PP Sports sedan
07-09-2008, 05:13 PM
spread the word boys ..

PP Sports sedan
08-09-2008, 07:52 AM
This just in .... taken from my post in Ausrotary

Speed FM will be funding the events as part of our commitment to re-invest in motorsport. I am awaiting confirmation on 4 dates between January and July. The track will be hired for 4 hours exclusively prior to a TNT with your entry gaining you access to the TNT following the event. 4's 6's 8's and rotors will be able to run each other with an AM class put aside for those interested which can be run as a 'series' between the events. There will be a strict limit per event of 60 cars in total.

I can also confirm there will be prizes for the various class winners as well as trophies. Prize money is a possibility in the near future. Each entrant will receive a large Castrol Edge pack. Once the dates are confirmed, you will be able to pre-enter online through the Speed FM site.

As per the last Speedtime event, we will also have other professional drivers and teams in attendance who will be happy to lend a hand with tip/tricks on how to best race. We will have a driver briefing where the professionals will walk through a run and instruct those not so experienced with racing the 1/4 mile on how to best do so. Approved helmet hire will also be available for those interested.

I am in discussions with various major event holders at this time including Ray Box who have expressed interest in helping support the Speedtime events as a lead up to their own events. There is a possibility of receiving incentives as an entrant to Speedtime, to attend each 'major' event which is currently being worked out.

I am excited to be able to hold our own events and encourage everyone to come out and take a look. Reports from the last Speedtime event would indicate that there is a large rotor following for this event. I would imagine this won't be changing in the upcoming events.

I look forward to seeing everyone on the track soon.

Regards

Steve

and ive had a bit of interest from the VW guys over the weekend ,and a couple of from the Honda guys so i think it's going to be a good chance to promote all motor.

G AE82
09-09-2008, 06:24 PM
My brother and I will be in for sure.

PP Sports sedan
09-09-2008, 07:21 PM
that's what i like to hear...

honda_b_blastn
11-09-2008, 08:29 PM
this is getting better and better! Qld is killing it :)