PDA

View Full Version : H22A into civic sedan

chunsa
30-09-2004, 09:21 AM
hihi i was wonderin if there was any way of havin power steering after reading so much that after this engine swap you lose that option and air cond? my car is daily driven and goin uphill alwayz seems to be a struggle lol i drive ppl around and would like some more oomph :D

if theres no other way of keep power steering.. are there any more torquey (is that a word lolz) engines i could swap in.. my budget is meh lolz i dun care.. i dun realli hav one yet.. juss doin research first before i start spendin da money lol

would a b16a be enough as to wat im lookin for.. im lookin for a motor thats not gonna be turbod.. juss all motor..

joyride
30-09-2004, 12:06 PM
daily driven h22a in a civic? think about insurance costs dude.
b16a is a good swap. it can climb hills with a full load albeit sometimes struggling even when downshifting.

Weq
30-09-2004, 05:49 PM
daily driven h22a in a civic? think about insurance costs dude.
b16a is a good swap. it can climb hills with a full load albeit sometimes struggling even when downshifting.

the difference between insurance on any swap is minimal. 20hp isnt woeth the money for a b16 swap

civic__dd
06-10-2004, 01:18 PM
i have a d16y4 with ihe mods and thats it. i have over 400kg's in teh back and i can still do 100ish up one of the steepest hills in tasy in my vic. I thrash my mate in his v6 commo with a 9psi supercharger on it!!! It helps when you sit just off or even on redline:) i can crack 125 in 3rd but its not as fun:)

A'PEXi
06-10-2004, 09:32 PM
yeh u can have power steering and aircon, just requires some more work which = more $$

honda_b_blastn
06-10-2004, 09:34 PM
Hey mate,do some research you can find anything about everything.Im doing a H22A swap into my EG hatch atm.Im using Hasport mounts and Haport drive shafts.The Hasport mounts let you retain your power steering,and you can get a bracket fabricated up so the air con will fit too.however if you want to keep air con,i recommend you buy a decent radiator,the standard one will not cut it,plus the prelude one wil take up the space for your air con parts.Be prepared to spend a bit though...

MR-VTEC
06-10-2004, 10:23 PM
yeah i dunno if you can but try and get onto geek. he did a h22a conversion in his ek hatch and retained his power steering and air con. but hes moved onto bigger and better things now. maybe try and look up his previous posts. good luck either way

SIKCVC
07-10-2004, 01:07 AM
dude if you want something daily driven, why not a full B20 swap... not a CRVTEC, just the CRV engine itself, with B16a box. It'll give you the torque you're after... the B16a sucks uphills under load. Good if you like driving around everywhere at 6000RPM. literally.