PDA

View Full Version : changing shift boot on DC4 + are auto knobs interchangble?

MWAKU
02-09-2008, 05:35 PM
Also btw, if i get an auto gear knob from a different car, will it fit on a 98 auto teg?

like a corolla or whatever knob (not that i am)..... and will the accord fit on teg?

Lol can i change this thread... anyway..

lets say i wanna change the shift boot on my DC4.. and change the gearknob.. so where are the screws and stuff to take the console so i can replace the stock with my after market shiftboot n knob.

also btw, you know how the auto accords 07 model n yeah, have the gear knob that kinda looks like a joystick / how its got the button on the bottom, like other cars as BMW n that... where can i find these to put on a 98 honda model.

lol sorry for wasting space

but i've seen it, and just wondering how they change it..

like instead of saying "Member" underneath their name, they have something else ..

panda[cRx]
02-09-2008, 05:48 PM
HERE http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7156

option 2 or 3 will get it

MWAKU
02-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Thanks a lot Panda! Cheers

/new question

vinnY
02-09-2008, 11:52 PM
you'd probably have to at the very least take off the storage compartment where your elbow sits and then a couple more screws on the sides to take off the shifter trim
not hard to work out, just take out whatever screws you see and remember where they go

An41
03-09-2008, 12:19 AM
unscrew arm rest and then unscrew centre console where the shiftboot sits.
not hard dude just work it out by looking at it

is this goung to be a manual or manuallook auto shift boot

DC4Integra98
03-09-2008, 12:29 AM
You do NOT have to unscrew anything.

All you have to do is pull out the shift boot frame which "snaps" out.
There are four clips holding that frame.

Well that how I changed my dc4 shiftboot...

vinnY
03-09-2008, 12:44 AM
^ he's probably right, i remember snapping off the surround but i had taken everything off as well

MWAKU
03-09-2008, 03:00 PM
wells i guess it would be manual look auto.. but then i'm not trying to make it look manual.. i just want it to look nice, like in lux cars. thanks guys.

DC4Integra98
03-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Oh it must be only for manual transmissions only then =\

If all else fails, unscrew the centre console and the the screws where the armrest is when you open that up to pull everything apart in order to get to the shiftboot.

Good luck!