PDA

View Full Version : need advice/opinions on wat sound system/ brand to put in

me5t1za
03-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Heya,i would jus like to get ppl's opinion as to what brand sound system to go with. The car has the original tape deck and speakers and i want to upgrade it obviously. I'm heading towards pioneer but not sure yet. At the moment i don't want subs just basically the cd/mp3/dvd player and speakers both 6x9's for the back and another pair for the front. And would just like to know wats the highest watts i can go with without needing an amp or watever to support the speakers. I luv my base in my music so please let me know what u think. Much appreciated :)

croatiaboi
03-09-2008, 03:50 PM
try putting this in the audio/visual section u will prob have more luck

me5t1za
03-09-2008, 03:51 PM
okies cheers

latinstyle69
03-09-2008, 05:00 PM
I'd say go for split's at the front and 6x9's at the back and i'd recommend Alpine or eclipse. Ive got both and they sound pretty good. ive got alpine split's and eclipse 6x9's with an eclipse head deck but i had an amp n it sounded pretty good but went n got a sub cos the bass was callin me to much lol

dupac->
03-09-2008, 05:46 PM
if you want really good speakers that provide enough bass without getting a sub..

focals are very good.. i would buy focal splits.. probably abit pricey too..

and get a good head unit pioneer or alpine are good.. but dont skimp out of money when it comes to the head unit.

if you cant be bothered running speakers off an amp. generally headunits have speaker powe outputs of up to 60watts. should run them fine.. dont worry about them blowing or anything.

so you should be able to run for instance 200watt speakers ok.. but obviously not running at its peak.

good enough until u find money and time to get a sub installed.

SuiJin
04-09-2008, 05:00 AM
ok just to let you know you get what you paid for. look around.

me5t1za
04-09-2008, 09:14 AM
if you want really good speakers that provide enough bass without getting a sub..

focals are very good.. i would buy focal splits.. probably abit pricey too..

and get a good head unit pioneer or alpine are good.. but dont skimp out of money when it comes to the head unit.

if you cant be bothered running speakers off an amp. generally headunits have speaker powe outputs of up to 60watts. should run them fine.. dont worry about them blowing or anything.

so you should be able to run for instance 200watt speakers ok.. but obviously not running at its peak.

good enough until u find money and time to get a sub installed.

yes, i'll def invest in a good head unit for sure, most likely pioneer. I'll prolly end up spending bout $1500 but will actually go to the store i.e strathfield or tonkins and get a quote. I'm will to spend more coz i luv my music, im just a bit clueless as to how much ppl wud spend on a decent set up that's all. thanks for ur advice :)

aimre
04-09-2008, 09:42 AM
6x9s arent ar good as 6.5 inch.

they tend to warp producing shitter sound. If ur getting a sub, you dont need 6x9

me5t1za
04-09-2008, 09:52 AM
6x9s arent ar good as 6.5 inch.

they tend to warp producing shitter sound. If ur getting a sub, you dont need 6x9

oh okies then, thanks

Latin_CivicSi
04-09-2008, 11:30 AM
You could try looking at Boston speakers, (s60 or SL60) they have a few in their range but u really have to budget yourself around how much you are willing to spend on each part.

It also sounds far better when your speakers are running of an amp rather than the HU. If you really do like your sound it is far better to spend on quality products rather than being dissapointed later on. Also a sub is what will bring the big bass and music quality alive so do not look past it. No speaker is capable of this unless you can fork out $2000 for a set of speakers.

Roughly....Amp(Speakers) $400, Amp (Sub) $400, Speakers $350(Focal, Alpine, Boston), HU (Eclipse i reckon is the best but its your choice)$400-500, Sub $300-$400. Basic outline but this will sound very nice. Installation depends on location but u have to keep that in mind. Approx $2000-2500 that you wont regret. Dont quote me on these figures though lol

me5t1za
04-09-2008, 11:39 AM
ok thanks, ye i do wanna go for good sound for sure, im just a bit clueless as to how much things would cost. but that helps alot

Mugen Civic
04-09-2008, 11:40 AM
If your looking for bass, you need amp.
Ateast use amp for your 6X9's if u don't want a sub.

The head unit only produces ~25Watts RMS per channel

But, u can just stick with your plan and have that setup for awhile. When you get abit of money again, stick an amp in the mix of that. Then you will really appreciate the benefits of the amp.

GL

DNY*BOY
04-09-2008, 11:59 AM
of your after clarity 165 VRS components go focal ive got set in the front of my eg and a set of infinitys components in the rear running on a 5 channel infinity amp, got the newjvc kameleon deck and just recently added 1000watt mb quart sub my advice build it in stages... dont spend on the first thing you see do your research..

me5t1za
04-09-2008, 12:00 PM
If your looking for bass, you need amp.
Ateast use amp for your 6X9's if u don't want a sub.

The head unit only produces ~25Watts RMS per channel

But, u can just stick with your plan and have that setup for awhile. When you get abit of money again, stick an amp in the mix of that. Then you will really appreciate the benefits of the amp.

GL

okies :) nice ride by the way, got any other pics up?

me5t1za
04-09-2008, 12:16 PM
of your after clarity 165 VRS components go focal ive got set in the front of my eg and a set of infinitys components in the rear running on a 5 channel infinity amp, got the newjvc kameleon deck and just recently added 1000watt mb quart sub my advice build it in stages... dont spend on the first thing you see do your research..

yep, ok. I think i will end up building it in stages. I'll be using the car to get to wrk and that and i basically wanted to replace the tape deck and maybe add few more thing if i could. I just checkd out that jvc karmeleon deck, it looks sik!! did u get that online or is it in stores now?

Mugen Civic
04-09-2008, 06:31 PM
okies :) nice ride by the way, got any other pics up?

thanks hah
here: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73643&page=16

MRGRIM
05-09-2008, 04:49 AM
if you'd like the truth pioneer is way over rated and not worth the money
from my working history in car sound they are more trouble than they are worth

the fist things you need to work out are what you are after in sound your choices are..

for the front 6 inch or 6.5 inch either single or splits
( spliits are better for high end sound)
for the rear 6x9 are about the only choice for good sound
and if you'd like a sub single 10 or 12inch for gereral subbass
or two 10 inch for more hard core "" R&B or dance/house""
ported sub boxes work better for rich bass in a hatch
the head unit apart from things like mp3 "ipod" plug in you must think of things like if you want to use subs you will need a 3 RCA out on the head unit
with regards to amps
1 4xchannel for front rear is good
for the sub you can use either a 2xchannel in bridge or a mono block
(( never use the SUB amp for any other speakers it pulls them down ))
and last but not least make sure you use the right gauge wiring for the amps and speakers
**tip** bigger wire on speakers give's better response and sound quality

PLEASE just dont get suckered in for name brands and sales gimmicks as ive won sound off's and spl comps with so called no name and so called shet brands

if youd like more help or info PM me
(ex car sound manager/installer)
cheers

Riviera
07-09-2008, 08:09 PM
yes, i'll def invest in a good head unit for sure, most likely pioneer. I'll prolly end up spending bout $1500 but will actually go to the store i.e strathfield or tonkins and get a quote. I'm will to spend more coz i luv my music, im just a bit clueless as to how much ppl wud spend on a decent set up that's all. thanks for ur advice :)

if your keen to spend $1500 i say a lil bit extra
get ur ass down to northfield and pick urself up a
Alpine Type R or Type S package

Type R packages range from $1000 to $2000
mixing and matching 2 or 1 sub or rears or not

Type S packages $800 to $1500...
same again

seriously... Splits, 6x9's for rear and Amps Required all come in the package
some also include the headunit.

i have type R splits in the front amplified underpowered by 10W,
really good punch out of them and depending how theyre installed, you will
get some nice low notes too, eclipse headunit CD3000 very very good units
these are, they will even enhance the stock speakers making them sound decent...
running a cheap sub does a really good job for what it is, sealed clarion 12
running off some cheap amp, very good LPF and Mid notes

then in the rear i just got fill in 6x9's fusions thats ok for the back cause i dont sit there lol

but highly recommend getting a demo down at JB or Northfield of either
an Eclipse setup or an Alpine set up...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: