PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO FIT FRONT STRUTS on EK1!

tezza88
03-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Hey guys!

i have a curious question that i wanted to ask!

i jsut bought front strut for my ek1 civic. I thought it would be bolted on top of the shocks head where the two bolts are.... BUT when i got home to try it on... i found out it was longer so it fits onto the chassis next to the heads of the shocks! I can see the premade holes but its covered by another sheet under it... So the question is that what are the steps to installing this strut? like do i have to drill the holes? will it weaken the chassis if that hole is made? PLEASE HELP! lol i want it in the car asap .... =]

cheers!

phil3842
03-09-2008, 07:28 PM
i had the same problem when i bought mine here is a link

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90438

LiKPiC
03-09-2008, 10:07 PM
i think you got yourself a chassis brace.

you'll need to drill holes where the 'premade holes' holes are.
no it wont weaken the chassis as this is how it is installed on the EK4 and EM1. and some other models have the holes already drilled but no chassis bar, just plastic plugs.

tezza88
04-09-2008, 12:06 AM
Oh! jsut one more question, is there any difference between chassis brace and strut brace? and which ones better? and i dont need any gluing or anything right just tighten the bolts and ur done?

LiKPiC
04-09-2008, 11:55 PM
no glue needed. just nuts and bolts. maybe a washer

chassis bar vs strut bar
I'm not sure which is better. I always thought they served the same function of adding rigidity to the chassis.

I mean, the strut bar links the chassis from strut to strut.
Chassis bar links the chassis from 'just next to the strut' to 'just next to the strut'.

Not that much of a difference in my opinion
But i may be wrong...

LiKPiC
05-09-2008, 12:10 AM
The best brace for the front part of the chassis, in my opinion, would be the 3 point strut bar.

like here
http://passwordjdm.com/images/Products/Password%20JDM%203%20Point%20Front%20Strut%20Tower %20Bar%20(DC%20EG%20EK)%20Large.jpg

tezza88
05-09-2008, 01:04 AM
lol yeah ive seen them b4 its the best! but its costly..... lol thats good to hear just nuts and bolts and washer because thats all the guy gave me to install the thing ^^

cheers!