PDA

View Full Version : 2008 V6 Lux with 09 TSX Switchblade key

CoZZm0
03-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Ok i've been stuffing around with this idea for a few months. I bought the key (FCC ID line up correctly with the stock key so frequency shouldn't be an issue) but i've had 2 different stories from the local dealer.

One guy in parts said they can try and program it and don't need to cut it to do so, and the other guy in service (when the car was dopped off) said they can't even try because its an Acura key, not a honda key. At the time i wasn't there to argue (the car is my dad's and the key was a present to him... hence he was dropping it in for service).

Does anyone on here work for honda, know someone who works for honda or something of the like that can give me a hand here. I'm not asking for a freebee, i'm asking for solid info, or at least someone in the sydney area who is willing to give it a go. The guys in the USA seem get their keys programmed by the dealer computer, this doesn't seem to be the case (or at least it doesn't seem to be) as the guy said they needed the car to program the key?

I've read through a heap of threads (scarse info here, but mostly threads in the USA). I read through the conversion done in the Euro forum, but i don't think that whole process applies to the V6 Lux because it doesn't contain an immobiliser chip inside the FOB like the USA cars do? (at least its not where it should be if it is in there!)

Thanks for reading my rant! Cheers.

xsite85
12-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Hi Cozzmo

I hope this thread will help you out.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95123