PDA

View Full Version : hey all....newbie ere

djaddam
04-09-2008, 09:53 AM
hey all honda fans im adam also a dj work in a club also a Graphic Designer dno much about cars jus know the basic bells and whistles etc....
i was looking for a honda forum and now i have found luv this site....umm i dnt have have a car that is honda but i want to buy a civic it has to have v-tec umm hope use could help me out and tell me if its worth my while to buy a stock civic preferibly a 99 or even better a 2000 hatch but the thing is ive been researching and its hard to find civics that has v-tec already, so i was wondering to get a civic that dsnt have v-tec, price range $6g - $7.5g and puting a v-tec engine in it most likely will have high km and if i put a new/used v-tec engine in it, it will lower my km giving me a decent engine then ill start moding from there, will be my project car aswel.....so was jus wondering if its worth my while to get a civic with v-tec already in it or jus install v-tec in it also would like prices if its possible thnx :)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/customavatars/avatar22172_2.gif

turtle187
04-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Hey adam welcome to ozhonda....graphics designer aye? how long u been in the business for?
DJ too? rnb or hardbeats?

about buying a civic...its a good choice i would say u can pic up a non vtec for 6k- 7.5 just ensure that there are nothing wrong with panels and check previous accident history on revs...
How much u willing to spend on the engine dude?
whats your budget for a car anyway?

SHOGUNOVDDRK
04-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Welcome to Ozhonda Adam :)

Where abouts do you work mate? (Both graphics design and DJ'ing)

Where abouts do you live mate?

Be sure to come to a Monthly (were having one tonight)

If you have the money now be sure to Buy Jeff's (SiReal) EJ8 (Coupe)

Its a Bargain, Has VTEC and is damn sexy as hell

Only problem is that its in Melbourne (but if you fly there and drive back over a weekend its a big win)

Or just check the Car Sale Section

Bargains to be had there :);)

If you have questions be sure to Search before posting as its likely that it has been covered before and be sure to visit the spam thread when you're bored

See you around

djaddam
04-09-2008, 11:21 AM
thnx for the replies guys umm yeh been in graphic design for about 2 year and djying electro house might uplaod sum of my albums up ere if there is a section lol umm well $7.5 is my budget for a car then im going to gradualy mod it...but yeh im thinkin of puting v-tec in the car would that cost around $4g so it budget will end up around 9 - 10g's

shogun bro graphic design at home privatly for customers that need things to be done umm i live liverpool area wuld luv to buy but its been mod'ed already

but wat do u use think is it an alrite idea is it worth geting stock and puting v-tec in or jus get a v-tec straight away?

turtle187
04-09-2008, 11:31 AM
hey awesome dude...im from livo too...=)
my personal opinion is that you buy a standard hatch and make the thing a animal by putting a b18c in it...it should work out to be around your price range if not abit more...and for mods and upgrades keep a eye out on sales and engine sales on this site

SHOGUNOVDDRK
04-09-2008, 12:31 PM
You can make your own thread in the Lounge if you like then just upload it there and ask for people to comment etc etc

Jeff's car imo isnt all that modded and if anything its pretty much stock

You've gotta remember that doing a swap (unless you do it yourself) can get pricey with Labour

If you want to do a swap i say buy a ED and get the FI stuff for it then chuck in a B16 or B18

Buying a car with Vtec can be a good and bad thing

IMO decide 100% what car you want and then decide if you need/want to swap or not :angel:

p.s Meet is at Livo HJ tonight starting at 7pm so come if you like ;)

djaddam
04-09-2008, 01:16 PM
HJ at livo were is that ill go but umm i cnt recall a hj at livo unless there is and im a dumbass and i dno lol were abouts is it?

turtle u going 2nite?

SHOGUNOVDDRK
04-09-2008, 01:19 PM
HJ at livo were is that ill go but umm i cnt recall a hj at livo unless there is and im a dumbass and i dno lol were abouts is it?

its on the cumberland highway just before kk's :thumbsup:

Hopefully see you there tonight mate :)

djaddam
04-09-2008, 01:23 PM
ahhhh i see yeh i know were it is know lol thnx man

i shuld be able to make it ill jus look for a 86 civic :)

MRGRIM
05-09-2008, 12:59 PM
CIVIC FTW CIVIC FTW
LOL
Welcome to ozhonda

djaddam
13-11-2008, 08:55 AM
hey all its me again soz for the late postage of my 98 ek i have done a few little things on it but nathing major lol well yet anyway i will eventualy make a build thread....

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/8479/p1020634tgwe4.jpg

4p1ay
14-11-2008, 10:09 AM
looks alright man lol im from livo too and a graphic designer:P lol

whats ur plans now? by making it vtec u making it d16y8? or going for a b16/18 swap?

djaddam
16-11-2008, 09:51 PM
ohhh sweet livo aswel wat car u driving man and a graphic designer nice
umm i want to do a b18 swap but few my mates said go b16 so i dno man which ever is more powerfull i been reading on ere that there isnt a big difference lol but im most likely going to do a b18 swap man shuld meet up sumwere man

SHOGUNOVDDRK
16-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Adam tell me next time you DJ'ing

MWAKU
16-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Ay hows it going. Have you got like a diploma is a graphics course or what? how did you get into your career? what kinda income you getting? my goals to become a prof gfx designer, and just wanted to get some info man. thanks if ya can help me.

athina
17-11-2008, 08:41 PM
very nice ride!

4p1ay
18-11-2008, 08:21 PM
lmao yeah bro livo end come to the meet or something ayen ill most likely be there haha i got an eg5 pretty rice. we should meet up sometime aye names roberto btw but ppl just call me rob lol

yeah b18 nice man, im going for an engine swap too once i get enuff money aye trying for a b18c7 lolz