PDA

View Full Version : Camber Kit with Eibach Prokit Springs

taz_435
05-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Can i get everyones opinion who have eibach prokit springs lowered about 40mm all round.
Do they have a camber kit installed?
Does it make hugh difference at that hight?
your recommendations would be appreciated.

tpphan
05-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Anything more than 25mm, it's best to have the rear upper arm (camber) replaced with an adjustable one. The front is ok, you do not need to change it.

Euros or Hondas in general are known the increase in camber once lowered. :D

There are many kits available for the Euro, depends on your budget, but all do the same really. Do a search and you will find heaps of threads.

Just install the springs first and see how you go...

taz_435
05-09-2008, 10:38 AM
thanks how much they normally cost

.QD
05-09-2008, 10:44 AM
thanks how much they normally cost

Try this link (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59002). I got mine from ebay. Ingalls Camber Kit, $272 all up, waiting for it to arrive.

tpphan
05-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Ingalls camber kit is a good option, it includes both upper and lower arms. The lower arm is for Toe adjustments. :D

tony1234
05-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Can i get everyones opinion who have eibach prokit springs lowered about 40mm all round.
I have Eibach pro with Bilstein shocks.Yes u need camber kit.It's a good height no scraping over speed humps/driveways etc.but you do have to be a bit carefull with the front lip.

taz_435
05-09-2008, 01:16 PM
are the eibach springs going to be a problem with the stock shocks

Crapdaz
05-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Try this link (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59002). I got mine from ebay. Ingalls Camber Kit, $272 all up, waiting for it to arrive.

damn isn't that a bit dear? i got mine for $220, last year.

luv_psi
05-09-2008, 02:17 PM
are the eibach springs going to be a problem with the stock shocks

Id say it would depend on the condition of your stock shocks. Ive got eibach springs on stock shocks and have had no problems with it at all.

And yes you would need to install a camber kit, unless you can afford new rear tyres every time.

tpphan
05-09-2008, 02:24 PM

Yeah that is a little pricey. Look at the SPC alternative, search eBay for "SPC TSX Camber", look for the upper arm it costs around $150. Thats all you need for camber adjustment.

tony1234
05-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Yeah that is a little pricey. Look at the SPC alternative, search eBay for "SPC TSX Camber", look for the upper arm it costs around $150. Thats all you need for camber adjustment.
I've got the Eibach rear camber kit but i think its a rebadged SPC as it looks EXACTLY the same.:thumbsup:

Crapdaz
05-09-2008, 04:40 PM
isn't the SPC only camber adjustment (1 arm)?
sorry for my noobness but i thought they didnt come with the toe arm like the ingalls one.

tpphan
05-09-2008, 05:08 PM
isn't the SPC only camber adjustment (1 arm)?
sorry for my noobness but i thought they didnt come with the toe arm like the ingalls one.

Thats correct, upper arm only. No Toe is included nor really required unless you are really serious about your allignment for track. Also with the addional lower arm, you lose your HID Sensor if you drive a Lux.

.QD
05-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Thats correct, upper arm only. No Toe is included nor really required unless you are really serious about your allignment for track. Also with the addional lower arm, you lose your HID Sensor if you drive a Lux.

damn really? thought you needed both... thats why i got that. as for hid sensor, you can fabricate your own. looks @ Crapdaz' one on the other thread.

it's $149USD + postage + conversion.

LXRY
05-09-2008, 05:43 PM
are the eibach springs going to be a problem with the stock shocks Not a problem but the ride will be very bouncy, had stock shocks with eibach pro springs for a little while, now have koni's

I've got the Eibach rear camber kit but i think its a rebadged SPC as it looks EXACTLY the same.:thumbsup:

very true ;)

great height, need rear camber kit, like tony1234 said just be careful of your front lip.....and tow hook lol

tpphan
05-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Factory toe is fine. :D

.QD
05-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Factory toe is fine. :D

dang. wish i knew. would have saved some $$ without the ingalls toe. thought u were on stock suspension @ the last meet, didnt notice.

tpphan
05-09-2008, 08:38 PM
dang. wish i knew. would have saved some $$ without the ingalls toe. thought u were on stock suspension @ the last meet, didnt notice.

hehe, the Mugen's don't lower it that much, roughly 25mm all round. I looked stocked compared to everyone else :p

Its not that bad you have toe arms tho, if you ever did want to play around with it you can. I have them too, learnt after getting them installed and alligned that it would have been the same with or without them. :(

Thats why i reckon SPC is the way to go... save some $$$ for something else.

.QD
05-09-2008, 08:50 PM
should have parked next to u @ the meet, would have looked like twinz and you would have looked lower as mine looks like a 4wd. twin modulo.

Crapdaz
05-09-2008, 09:49 PM
toe gets affected by your camber and vice versa they are relatively affected by each other.

anyhow too bad i missed out on everyone's car cause of security.

D R U
06-09-2008, 04:22 PM
I have Eibach pro with Bilstein shocks.Yes u need camber kit.It's a good height no scraping over speed humps/driveways etc.but you do have to be a bit carefull with the front lip.

Ive pretty much got the same set up as you, except ive got koni shocks with my eibach pros and ive got the SPC rear camber arms.

It'd be interesting to compare them.

.QD
06-09-2008, 04:34 PM
hey DRU u got move pics of your car? looks nice and clean from you avatar pic.

tony1234
06-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Ive pretty much got the same set up as you, except ive got koni shocks with my eibach pros and ive got the SPC rear camber arms.

It'd be interesting to compare them.
Haha,yeah,it would be interesting to compare.It was a tossup for me whether to get Koni or Bilstein.I'm very happy with my setup.Are you?

D R U
07-09-2008, 12:36 AM
hey DRU u got move pics of your car? looks nice and clean from you avatar pic.

The car in my avatar isn't mine, but my one looks exactly the same, but i've got type s wheels instead of the advan kruezer x (cant afford them :thumbdwn:).

Haha,yeah,it would be interesting to compare.It was a tossup for me whether to get Koni or Bilstein.I'm very happy with my setup.Are you?

Yeah its really good.
When driving normally it rides like stock, but when u throw it into a corner it just grips and turns in.
And after installing the SPC camber kit and getting it all aligned, turn in was even sharper and i could get back onto the throttle a lot earlier (made a HUGE difference to the way the car feels through a corner).

Next on the list... selby's RSB...

LXRY
07-09-2008, 12:49 AM

Whole different car with the sway bar, you won't regret it ;)

tony1234
07-09-2008, 09:17 AM
The car in my avatar isn't mine, but my one looks exactly the same, but i've got type s wheels instead of the advan kruezer x (cant afford them :thumbdwn:).

Yeah its really good.
When driving normally it rides like stock, but when u throw it into a corner it just grips and turns in.
And after installing the SPC camber kit and getting it all aligned, turn in was even sharper and i could get back onto the throttle a lot earlier (made a HUGE difference to the way the car feels through a corner).

I've got a Selby 18mm RSB.Get it,i'ts the best value for money suspension mod.

Crapdaz
07-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Yeh, i don't have the selby's but farout 22mm does keep your car flat on the road.

But imo after your suspension is done the swaybar feels slightly less noticeable.

Thinking about changing to bilstein/eibach later on in the future for more confort, away from my tein monoflex.

I've got a Selby 18mm RSB.Get it,i'ts the best value for money suspension mod.
Do you get any knocking sounds?

LXRY
07-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Just installed mine selby 18mm RSB no knocking what so ever, just a little stiffer in the ride, taking corners like I never taken before...hehe

tony1234
07-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Just installed mine selby 18mm RSB no knocking what so ever, just a little stiffer in the ride, taking corners like I never taken before...hehe
It's good isn't it.

Crapdaz
07-09-2008, 04:57 PM
i don't get knocking from driving on roads or cornering, i get them from driving on speed humps and turning up ramps in shopping centers.
but good to hear you got it installed, did you replace your stock endlinks?

LXRY
07-09-2008, 06:01 PM
It's good isn't it.

should of been the first thing I did, lol.....ahh well at least done now

i don't get knocking from driving on roads or cornering, i get them from driving on speed humps and turning up ramps in shopping centers.
but good to hear you got it installed, did you replace your stock endlinks?

Not sure I left it upto the guy who installed my suspension, do they come with the RSB or do I have to buy them seperately ? Can't say cause he only charged me $50 for the RSB. Where do the end links go ? NOOBTIME :eek:

I'm assuming they go on the end's lol.....:)

Crapdaz
07-09-2008, 06:18 PM
should of been the first thing I did, lol.....ahh well at least done now

Not sure I left it upto the guy who installed my suspension, do they come with the RSB or do I have to buy them seperately ? Can't say cause he only charged me $50 for the RSB. Where do the end links go ? NOOBTIME :eek:

I'm assuming they go on the end's lol.....:)

No they don't come with the RSB.
Endlinks need to be purchased separately.

If you drive the car spirited alot of the time it's best you occasionally check your endlinks every so often incase of snappage.
As the stock endlinks are like 6-8mm thin.