PDA

View Full Version : 98 integra rear speaker wiring

danny_2132
05-09-2008, 03:37 PM
i bought an integra last week and ive just noticed that the right rear speaker wasnt working, so i took it off and tested it using the left speakers wiring and it workd so i guess it is the wiring.

how am i going to change out the wiring for the rear speaker?? the wire goes through a little pipe and i want to know if it is a big job to fix...

teggiboy
05-09-2008, 04:47 PM
its a bit of a pain to change the wires in the rear. You need to take out your back seat, then pull out the plastic side panel. Before you start pulling everything apart, have a look behind your headunit... one of the wires might just be loose there.

danny_2132
05-09-2008, 06:03 PM
hey yer ive tryed pulling the head unit out... how do u get it out i took the thing around it off which keeps it in place then tried pulling on it but it hasnt worked...

John18c
06-09-2008, 01:14 AM
I think you gotta take the panels that go around the hand brake off along with the bottom panels and there should be screws on the sides I believe to get the head unit off.

As for cabling in the rear, you could just replace it. I didn't have to take out my back seats or my back panel to do mine.

All i did was take off the panel just under the door and hid it under the carpet and there was enough space to squeeze its under the rear seat panels and I just brought it up from there.

danny_2132
06-09-2008, 10:03 AM
that sounds like a big job... ill c what i can do 2day

danny_2132
07-09-2008, 09:35 PM
hey i tryed taking the screws off around the deck pannel area and it doesnt come off.. how many screws are there and what are the locations. thanx

jeffreymui
07-09-2008, 09:46 PM
there are abt three to four screws...those small plastic ones......well not screws...just pry it out and den use some force to take it out.....maybe take the ending side which is located towards the boot first easier...but u just need to use some force....good luck man

danny_2132
10-09-2008, 02:59 PM
yer i can get it out now der were sum clips inside the head i had to push in. then i pulled it straight out ... now i jus have to save up on a new system.