PDA

View Full Version : What HID kit should I get???

Type R Positive
30-09-2004, 05:12 PM
I'm looking to upgrade the headlights on the base model Euro, both high and low beam. What type of bulbs do I need??? eg: h4, h3.....

What brands are the best to use???

|N|
30-09-2004, 05:22 PM
arent they H1? but i m not too sure...

-h2n-
30-09-2004, 08:40 PM
h1 for low beam and high beam... h11 for fog lights if you gots 'em...

*me thinks*

Type R Positive
30-09-2004, 09:36 PM
h1 for low beam and high beam... h11 for fog lights if you gots 'em...

*me thinks*
Sweet. Hey -h2n-, your car is white right? how far is your car lowered on the Zenetti Tek's? Looks sick to me :cool: :thumbsup:!

redliner
30-09-2004, 09:46 PM
wats ur budget?

Type R Positive
30-09-2004, 09:47 PM
lots and lots (found out they are H1 thanx very much)

Tofu
30-09-2004, 11:51 PM
um...
you're asking the wrong question
are you after bulbs or the HID kit?
bulbs are around $15 to $120 each...
HID starts at a few hundred to a few thousand...

PERTH_EURO
01-10-2004, 12:09 AM
buy a luxury from the beginning ;)

and dont get any ideas about "borrowing" mine :rolleyes:

toE
01-10-2004, 02:44 AM
um...

Type R Positive
01-10-2004, 07:49 AM
um...
I own a base model euro (no HID) I want to get HID kit/kits for high and low beam (I didn't know what bulbs it takes, but do now, H1's)

Which brand of HID kit would be good? any recomendations?

aka_NSX
01-10-2004, 08:59 AM
actually u dont really need HID on the high beam sometime its better to have lil bit yellow for hazy/foggy but its up 2 u, and get a proper HID kit for your low beam one IMO get a BELLOF, they are really good :thumbsup:

try this link : BELLOF HID (http://www.hitechimportlighting.com/bellofhid.htm#BELLOF%20HID%20CONVERSION%20KIT%20AP PLICATIONS)

cheers

Tofu
01-10-2004, 09:54 AM
Bellof is the real deal HID...no messing around there...

and with the high and low beam, save yourself some money and just get the low beams...
unless your car's headlight originally has high and low using the same bulb, there's no point.

Type R Positive
01-10-2004, 01:44 PM
HID low beams are useless to me. I want to get a high beam kit for my euro instead of getting spotlights. I do not live in the city, and i do alot of highway driving.

yfin
01-10-2004, 06:36 PM
How important is getting HID to you?

I fitted OSRAM Silverstar +50 globes (only on low beam at the moment) and the performance has improved. The only downside is that I have had one or two people flash their lights at me thinking I have my high beams on...

Anyway - If you put the +50 on low and high beam you may find it good enough.. It will also save you heaps over HID - the +50 globes cost $35 for 2 at Repco.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product_test/product_test_story.php?id=39917

coladuna
01-10-2004, 06:41 PM
I don't see the point in getting high beam HID.
That really won't provide that much benefit over standard high beam even if you use high beam frequently, because even standard high beam is very bright and you can virtually see for miles even with standard high beam.

Type R Positive
01-10-2004, 06:54 PM
That really won't provide that much benefit over standard high beam even if you use high beam frequently, because even standard high beam is very bright and you can virtually see for miles even with standard high beam.
high beam is not that good.

yeah Yfin, I might change the bulbs first, I have seen some good ones. It will be cheaper in the short run. They go for about $40 here if they have em in stock.

yfin
01-10-2004, 06:56 PM

Yeah - standard high beam is ok - but could be better. I remember my dad's old Range Rover had upgraded 100w high beams -- now I would love that much light out of my Euro. It really makes it much more pleasant driving at night with good high beams.

Tofu
01-10-2004, 11:31 PM
....have you seen HID kit on low beams in person?

my friends HID on his low beam on dc5 is as bright as Euro's high beams...if not brighter...

Type R Positive
02-10-2004, 07:46 AM
....have you seen HID kit on low beams in person?

my friends HID on his low beam on dc5 is as bright as Euro's high beams...if not brighter...
Still no good for my application. I want them for highway driving.... instead of burn trees down at 500m spotlights.

euro77
02-10-2004, 10:14 AM
Just becareful with insurance, because (correct me if I'm mistaken), in Australia, car with HID must have headlight washer and adjustable headlight beam height. If you don't have those 2 things, it will be a non-compliance to ADR rule (or whatever that rule is). That's what I've been told by my dealer when I asked if I can get the luxury euro headlight on my standard euro.

-h2n-
02-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by Type R Positive
Sweet. Hey -h2n-, your car is white right? how far is your car lowered on the Zenetti Tek's? Looks sick to me :cool: :thumbsup:! cheers big ears!!;)

i've got about 2 fingers up front and 1.5 fingers at the back. that's down from the monstrous 4.5 fingers at front and 3.5 fingers at the back before the lowering... could drop it more but imho this height is best balance of looks and practicallity...

Type R Positive
02-10-2004, 07:25 PM
Just becareful with insurance, because (correct me if I'm mistaken), in Australia, car with HID must have headlight washer and adjustable headlight beam height. If you don't have those 2 things, it will be a non-compliance to ADR rule (or whatever that rule is). That's what I've been told by my dealer when I asked if I can get the luxury euro headlight on my standard euro.
I don't know about that, but my Honda dealer said they don't interchange parts. Lazy bastards. I too asked for HID, but too easy to get a kit.