PDA

View Full Version : to sell or not to sell

b-defekt
30-09-2004, 05:12 PM
Hi guys,

After just putting in the h22 into my 94 accord and having only driven it for basically 3 months, I now am facing a difficult decision on whether or not I should sell her or leave her in the garage for 1 year.

I have the opportunity to work and live in Japan for 12 months, so therefore letting the car go would seem the most reasonable choice. But i have put so much hard work into her, its gonna be hard to pass her on. BUT then again i have the chance to private import a car from Japan when i return. BUT then again this was my first car and have only had her for 9 months...

I really don't know what to do...i don't even know how much she will sell for...

what do you guys think? help appreciated.

Regards

Type R Positive
30-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Sell her indeed, you could use the cash on a hard core import. That's what I would do. Don't forget, it costs about $10k to get registered in Aust.

If you don't sell, you would be kicking yourself.

DCLXVI
30-09-2004, 06:09 PM
i guess u shld sell her.. its 12 mth in the garage. and u probably wont drive her anymore after u got your import. why let her suffer in the garage? sell her to someone who can release the potential of the h22.. lol.. just my 2 cents..

fongyfong
30-09-2004, 06:16 PM
sell it man and get a better, ur not gonna drive it anymore for a year and get a even better import, but the choice is up to you

ECU-MAN
30-09-2004, 06:48 PM
after having a 95 Vti and wanting to put a H22A in it, I would say keep it and only sell it if you do get another car, or if you need the cash, If you can afford to keep it, I say keep it, once its gone its gone. I had to sell my 95VTi but I miss it, I luved that car.

jenova
30-09-2004, 08:36 PM
forget about it and bring back the euro-r :thumbsup:

toE
01-10-2004, 03:13 AM
a tough decision indeed.

if i was you...i'd sell it. no point keeping it in the garage while you're away...understandably, it's your dream to own a H22A accord....you've done it once, you can do it again. :)

Jus-10
01-10-2004, 01:37 PM
First of all, do you realise how expensive it is to own a car in Japan?

Then you will have to have owned the car for 12 months before you can bring it in as a personal import....

I'm going to go against the general consensus and say don't sell it unless you know for certain that you are going to bring back a personal import. I would check in to it a bit more before you commit to anything.

Apart from that, take the opportunity to work in Japan. You'll get more out of that experience than worrying about which car you want to have when you come back. That's why I say keep it. Enjoy your time there without worrying about the upkeep of a car...

b-defekt
01-10-2004, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the reply guys,

I guess the Sells have it.

@ Jus-10: Yes i understand the process it takes to private import your car from Japan and also the cost of owning a vehicle in Japan, as my uncle and friends currently live there.

It's gonna be hard, but I guess its time to say farewell to my her.... >.<

Type R Positive
01-10-2004, 04:46 PM
All is going to be well, just wait and see all the cars around! It will definately be an eye opener, that's for sure! You will be glad you sold ya car, all that extra money to blow on a beast, or parts, or both!

Jus-10
01-10-2004, 05:10 PM
Well that makes it easy!

SELL!

viperx
01-10-2004, 05:22 PM
Yeah sell it, bring back a CF4 SIR-T :)

I'll be in Japan too at the end of this year :D only for 2 months though, so no car importing unfortunately :(