PDA

View Full Version : Water in the boot, please help!!!

my_vtec77
07-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Hi all,

Found out there is about 1 ltr of water in spare wheel space of the boot.:eek: And I look around and found left hand side of boot mat is wet.

I checked the seal around the boot but it seems OK. Now my boot smell really stink..

I never had accident so no idea how it happens.:confused: But I repaired my rear left hand side door through Insurance due to big scratch on it. May be repairer did something wrong and caused the water leak?

Bring to Honda to check up? BTW, mine is run out of warranty though.

Any helps from you guys are welcome... Thanks.

tony1234
07-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Hi all,

Found out there is about 1 ltr of water in spare wheel space of the boot.:eek: And I look around and found left hand side of boot mat is wet.

I checked the seal around the boot but it seems OK. Now my boot smell really stink..

I never had accident so no idea how it happens.:confused: But I repaired my rear left hand side door through Insurance due to big scratch on it. May be repairer did something wrong and caused the water leak?

Bring to Honda to check up? BTW, mine is run out of warranty though.

Any helps from you guys are welcome... Thanks.
Have a mate climb in the boot,give him a torch,close it,then run a hose over the boot area and see if your mate can see where the water is getting in.Maybe the rubber seal needs to be adjusted a bit wherever the water is getting in.

my_vtec77
07-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Have a mate climb in the boot,give him a torch,close it,then run a hose over the boot area and see if your mate can see where the water is getting in.Maybe the rubber seal needs to be adjusted a bit wherever the water is getting in.

Yeah.. I'm thinking to do it. But scare to use hose coz of Water restriction law.:o

I worry if the leak is from somewhere else rather than rubber seal.

racerwannabe
07-09-2008, 11:52 AM
you're allowed to wash your car with a hose now. you will see on sydney water website.

my_vtec77
07-09-2008, 12:14 PM
you're allowed to wash your car with a hose now. you will see on sydney water website.

Oh.. you'r right. thanks for the info. Didn't know that before. But hose need to be fitted with trigger nozzle. Now I can save $30 for carwash.

Will try Tony's idea on next week? Hope it just rubber seal problem:o.

jopiglet
07-09-2008, 01:53 PM
not sure if this helps but do u have a spoiler??

cause this happened to my parent's nissan pulsar. the water was leaking through the bit where the spoiler was attached. the little gaps hadnt been sealed properly or something so everytime it rained, water was seeping through into the boot...

JohnL
07-09-2008, 01:54 PM
My CB7 leaks some water from around the left rear tail light...

my_vtec77
07-09-2008, 03:38 PM

cause this happened to my parent's nissan pulsar. the water was leaking through the bit where the spoiler was attached. the little gaps hadnt been sealed properly or something so everytime it rained, water was seeping through into the boot...

Yes, i have a spoiler. That's another possibility. Good point mate. Thanks...

Crapdaz
07-09-2008, 03:44 PM
is your trim inside your boot all wet?
or certain spots?

But mainly you have to do the water test with another person so that one of you guys can see where the leakage is coming from.

But i would think that either your spoiler mounting holes as jopiglet has said which aren't sealed properly, or your boot edge seals which aren't lined up properly or cracked.

Double check that they are slipped in properly.

Ken-f
07-09-2008, 04:28 PM

Or, you could just fold down the seats and look yourself. :P

my_vtec77
07-09-2008, 04:41 PM
is your trim inside your boot all wet?
or certain spots?

But mainly you have to do the water test with another person so that one of you guys can see where the leakage is coming from.

But i would think that either your spoiler mounting holes as jopiglet has said which aren't sealed properly, or your boot edge seals which aren't lined up properly or cracked.

Double check that they are slipped in properly.

Not all of them wet. Just on the left hand side right under the spoiler holes are. I will check under the spoiler when I get home today.

Thanks for all helpful advices, guys...:thumbsup:

tony1234
07-09-2008, 04:46 PM

Good idea.sounds like that's where it's leaking.

jopiglet
07-09-2008, 05:59 PM
where are you going to find a friend that will climb into your boot?!?

the whole idea sounds kinky!!! hahaha!!!

LXRY
07-09-2008, 06:05 PM

LMAO yeah a mate that you don't like too much, even go for a drive while he's in their on a rainy day, tell him that's the only way you can really test it ;)

Crapdaz
07-09-2008, 06:06 PM
hey get the mate you don't like to be the one in the boot cause it smells and he can suffocate.

tron07
08-09-2008, 09:03 AM
where are you going to find a friend that will climb into your boot?!?

the whole idea sounds kinky!!! hahaha!!!

then get your mate to water and you climb in yourself...

DNY*BOY
08-09-2008, 03:05 PM
had that in my eg replaced the seals and the actual windscreen wasnt attached properly it didnt line up got a new one perfect! check everything thouroughly as its usually the smallest thing

EuroAccord13
08-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Do you have a sunroof in your Euro?
If you do, I'll check the drain pipe for the rear of the sunroof, remove the boot lining on left side and you will see a clear plastic tube, check that there are no clogs there or if the flow is being restricted.

jeffreymui
08-09-2008, 05:22 PM
i got the same problem cept mine is a teg.....i think its probably the holes from the wing...i'll check too thanks for the info guys

my_vtec77
10-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Do you have a sunroof in your Euro?
If you do, I'll check the drain pipe for the rear of the sunroof, remove the boot lining on left side and you will see a clear plastic tube, check that there are no clogs there or if the flow is being restricted.

No, I dont have. Mine is std euro.

my_vtec77
10-09-2008, 07:39 PM
then get your mate to water and you climb in yourself...

Probably, I'll be the one get into the boot.:p No smell in there anyway coz I open and dry up the boot everyday. Lucky sunny these days.:thumbsup:

Crapdaz
10-09-2008, 08:56 PM
where's your car ? i will spray water on it then... hhehehe

my_vtec77
10-09-2008, 11:08 PM
where's your car ? i will spray water on it then... hhehehe

I'm insydney. Make sure you spray just water ok?:p

Crapdaz
11-09-2008, 12:06 AM
*pump pump*

but sounds to me definitely your spoiler hole seals

my_vtec77
11-09-2008, 06:56 PM
*pump pump*

but sounds to me definitely your spoiler hole seals

Yeah.. i think so. If it is, do I need to remove the spoiler and re-seal it again?

I can't take it back to Honda to fix as my car warranty is expired.

Crapdaz
11-09-2008, 09:37 PM
hmmm see if you can find someone who has a spoiler assembly or if your handy then try disassembly yourself and check the seals.

Sorry i don't have a spoiler myself so i am unfamiliar with it.

my_vtec77
19-10-2008, 08:18 AM
It's finally fixed. Sorry for taking so so long to reply coz I went overseas.

Anyway, water leakage is not from spoiler. It's from rubber seal around the boot.

So I just used clear Silicon glue which is hardly be seen and sealed it around. Now problem solved.

Thanks every1 for giving me great ideas.