PDA

View Full Version : [94 Accord Vti] Bucket seats

dundas
01-10-2004, 01:31 AM
just wondering if i get sum bucket seats, what will i need
-any different rails and stuff? LOL
i dont know wat i would need---
also ummm i was thinking just get sum OBX ones becasue i am a tight arse who has not got that much money ---
its annoyuing because my skinny ass slips everywhere in da cord when driving @ normal speeds so yeah.. even worse whenever i push it a lil.
so yup-
tips, places to buy=-
umm yeah anything helpful thanks peoples./

civic_mods
02-10-2004, 03:03 PM
u got to modify ur OEM set frame to fit ur new seat in,cost abt 100-200 each seat

But after u modify the OEM frame,u can't put back ur OEM seat back on when u sell ur car later :thumbdwn:

[stealth]
02-10-2004, 03:22 PM
bucket seats... = defect in SA :) Unless u drive a engineered 2dr car.. with no rear seats... BUT if u dun care.. then no worries go right AHEAD! :)

any seat u buy.. should come with a rail. and if it doesnt direct fit.. u will havta modify that rail.. not ur OEM one.. shouldne be too hard..

Type R Positive
02-10-2004, 07:19 PM
Most places you buy from should be able to install them for you as well. Not hard to do at all, just need a welder, grinder and maybe some flat bar.

dundas
03-10-2004, 01:02 AM
oh illegal in SA well Fk dat den LOL

[stealth]
03-10-2004, 01:26 AM
well im quiet sure they are.. my friend. had a 89 crx.. and had a cobra bucket seat.. it was legal.. however.. had no rear seats.. etc..

civic_mods
03-10-2004, 01:38 AM
depends on what bucket seat, fix back or adjustable
fixed back seat should be illegal for a 2 door car only,4 doors will be alrite

toE
03-10-2004, 05:28 AM
best to ring up your local RTA and find out the legalities of a bucket seat, rather than taking ppls assumptions.

well, that's what I would do if I really wanted bucket seats. ;)

nhat_18
02-05-2005, 12:14 AM
Does anyone know where to get the bucket seat brackets in sydney? I've got the rails but i was told i need a bracket to actually mount the rails to the car.

raziel
02-05-2005, 05:29 PM
Does anyone know where to get the bucket seat brackets in sydney? I've got the rails but i was told i need a bracket to actually mount the rails to the car.

the brackets are usually just a piece of flat bar steel about an inch and a half wide - with two holes drilled in them to suit the new seat bolts and two other holes drilled to suit the bolts for the rails ... any general engineering/welding place should be able to cut it for you ... :)

VTEC96
02-05-2005, 06:47 PM
i got bucket seats in mine, i got integra/civic rails, one side of the rails fit but one side of the rail need to be shortened coz 1 rail is longer then the accord rail. i was going to use standard accord rails but its not easy to dismantle it from the original seat. so i left the origianl seat alone and went to the wrecker and got the civ/teg rails and bit of cutting and welding and all good now.

VTEC96
02-05-2005, 06:49 PM
also with the civic rails the seats sit much lower to the floor. (civic 2 door hatch rails)

dundas
03-05-2005, 01:42 AM
wah./. this is old thread LOL

nhat_18
04-05-2005, 02:14 PM
hey dundas... did you end up putting the obx seats in? if yes, how did you do it?