PDA

View Full Version : New Civic Vti mod

jamesisvogue
09-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Hey, I'm wanting to order the Honda Civic Vti here in Perth, but am wanting to modify it if i get it.
Modifications i'm interested in include;
* Interior
* Stereo (which im worried about because im pretty sure its all built into the dash yes?)
* Seating
* Body kit
How easy is this to do in Perth? (Pain in the ass living in such isolation)
Thoughts and ideas would be appreciated ^^
Regards

.k.
09-09-2008, 09:39 PM
This is what i'd do if i had the money, i dont have much / any so my vti isnt getting much done to it but here goes:

Interior:
Not much.. Maybe some recaro's one day

Stereo:
Get the Double-Din dash replacement (There is one for sale in the traders section + the parts section) Looking at ~$150. Once you get this you can put in your single DIN head-unit + like a cd tray thing or a double Din DVD HU, upto you

I'd want a touchscreen 6.5 or 7'' DVD HU; and i havent looked into stereo but some nice splits, tweeters and a sub + amp will do it.

Seating: As above

Bodykit: Type R looks nice but personally i want the Mugen Kit

Wheels: Wow.. if only i had money lol, in preference order for me: Work Meister, Ce28N, Emotion in either 17 or 18 and lowered on some coilovers.

Not sure how hard it will be for you in Perth but i cant imagine it would be THAT difficult, might just take longer as you'll have to order from someone and then from there get it sent to you in Perth

Hope i was of some help ^__^

Cheers,
k.

jamesisvogue
09-09-2008, 09:44 PM
The type R is niceee =P and Mugen seems popular, so i'd be diff ^_^
As for wheels, uncles runs this company back in the UK (www.vogueinternational.co.uk) but if you had the money, thats something you'd wanna look @.
so the double din dash replacement.. how does that all work :S

rk 86 wa
09-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Hi mate I have the mugen kit on my fd which you can get off local wa traders join wahonda as in my sig if you want to meet some friendly Perth Honda boys

.k.
10-09-2008, 02:03 AM
basically its just a part of the dash trim.. im assuming u just undo a couple bolts here and there. then replace the middle area with the new double din unit.. looks exactly the same in shape etc but leave obviously the big rectangular area in the middle to put your head-unit / gauges / wateva floats your boat ^__^

i'll grab u a link when im less lazy

markCivicVti
14-09-2008, 10:53 AM
I wouldn't go TypeR. I saw a white FD in brissy with the type R kit and the badges... but every honda enthusiast knows its prolly a FD1... whereas a mugen kit isn't trying to pretend it's a mugen RR if you get what I mean.

Either way it's your choice so chose whatever and enjoy it!

(Just perhaps don't feel compelled to put Type R badges... as we all know it isn't a FD2R)