PDA

View Full Version : Stripped Interior's

dasicvtec
09-09-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi

I was just wondering everybody thought's on having a stripped/Semi Stripped Interior for a Daily Driver ?

has anyone done this before and what gains did you notice ? or did the feeling of the car change at all ?. I'm sure anybody that has race cars would have a stripped interior because there's no point lugging around extra weight for the wrong purpose ?

Does anyone have a stripped interior as a daily driver ? The noise isnt too bad for me actually. Ive noticed better fuel economy too.

Your thoughts would be appreciated, any figures (before/After) you have would be good too. Thanks for reading. If this is in the wrong section, please move as i was unsure where to post it.

rawr
09-09-2008, 10:08 PM
I beat all the SSS

Pros:

You can reject rides: Sorry I only have 2 seats
Lighter = Better fuel economy? + 1 milli second off your street race. Every second counts!
Looks hardcore

Cons:

Loud
May need more seats

and yeah thats all i can remember from when I had my stripped interior for a daly

SHOGUNOVDDRK
09-09-2008, 10:08 PM
I currently have a stripped interior minus the headliner and rear seat (though ive retained Audio Gear+6x9's)

I didnt gain all that much in 'performance' but did notice that i gained some extra storage space/moving space and maybe a few extra k's out of a tank (though that can be debated)

Noise level from the outside is MUCH bigger (though stereo deals with that)

Noticed the car is ALOT colder in the morning (...i ponder what summer will be like)

Q_ball
09-09-2008, 10:10 PM
I beat all the SSS

Pros:

Lighter = Better fuel economy? + 1 milli second off your street race. Every second counts!
Looks hardcore

Cons:

Loud
May need more seats
defectable

and yeah thats all i can remember from when I had my stripped interior for a daly

As above.

EKVTIR-T
09-09-2008, 10:15 PM
I've done it now and then.Usually just put a black bedsheet over the whole rear to look less noticeable.
It is defectable but cops have seen mine before with no comment.

Depends on your luck,the cop and your attitude.

simonnowis
09-09-2008, 10:21 PM
after you semi-stripp you do notice the car alot lighter, as mentioned theres alot more road noise, but also i noticed handling was different in my ek, i think cuz the rear was lighter the balance was off.

Pros:

lol iv used that line many times.."i cant drive 2nite cuz my cars a 2 seater, so u drive" ahah

kyobi
09-09-2008, 10:42 PM
i used to run without my rear interior, it was jdm and all
but then i thought about what would happen if a cop happened to notice and how i would explain it..

wasnt worth it so its all back in now :)

bennjamin
09-09-2008, 10:44 PM
had stripped interior back in 2003. now back to full interior...car wasnt any faster without interior lol.

VTECMACHINE
09-09-2008, 10:53 PM
It definately does make your car change characteristic. I use to have a stripped car, but now gettin over it. Interior is in, with 2 amps and a sub. It's FTW for the street.

migoreng
09-09-2008, 10:57 PM
why?
keep everything...you are not on the track...
lol
one of the reasons i went for a prelude is the interior ;)
nicer than integra/civic...:P

xntrik
09-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Car: DC2-R
Stripped interior due to rollcage.
I run it as a monthly car/track car. (Barely drive it; like once a week/month)
Its perfectly fine with an Engineer's Certificate.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/153/23ju4.jpg
Unpadded.

Pros:
With a roll cage in handling is much more flat, less body roll.
More space at the back for picnic. (ROFL)
Car feels lighter, only if you take out your spare tire + boot interior.
Slightly more responsive due to lesser weight
Space for more bars/struts/body strengthen rods.
Neat boot space. (If cleaned up)

Cons:
Noisy as fck. (especially in the rain but DC2-R never came with sound deadening)
Too much unwanted attraction.
No fancy sound systems, or sub.

NOTE:
MUST remove all your sub/stereo/amp wire as this CAN cause a car fire.
So NO LOOSE WIRES.
I don't recommend it at all, I would love to go back but the roll cage stops me every time. I want to put my interior back in.
DON'T DO IT FOR A DAILY DRIVER, MY CAR IS A MONTHLY CAR!
Or at the very least please get an engineer certificate or re register as a two-seater!

Hope this helps.