PDA

View Full Version : Poll Question

LXRY
09-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Is their any chance that we can have poll threads larger than '10', this seems silly to have a limit on this. I've needed alot more than '10', this is very limiting. Just seems silly, a poll is a poll, should have no limits really.

(pretty straight foward question ;))

yourfather
09-09-2008, 11:38 PM
hey boss *salute* im not sure that the board options let you have more than a 10 option poll...

panda[cRx]
10-09-2008, 12:38 PM
i think we should take this to a poll

Q_ball
10-09-2008, 09:04 PM
I believe this is a limitation within vbulletin.

LXRY
10-09-2008, 09:08 PM
hey boss *salute* im not sure that the board options let you have more than a 10 option poll...

'Back at ya' not sure too but seems silly....

;1886536']i think we should take this to a poll

lol yeah limit it to 10 though ;)

I believe this is a limitation within vbulletin.

Not sure but seems silly to me just to have limit of 10 though......:confused:

Q_ball
10-09-2008, 09:09 PM
You like the words "...seems silly" dont you? LOL

If its a restriction with the forum software, theres nothing we can do about it.
There are other 3rd party websites that allow you to make polls.
Try http://www.pollmonkey.com/.

LXRY
10-09-2008, 09:17 PM
You like the words "...seems silly" dont you? LOL

If its a restriction with the forum software, theres nothing we can do about it.
There are other 3rd party websites that allow you to make polls.
Try http://www.pollmonkey.com/.

Why even have a poll in this forum if you can just go to third party site ?

Poll's saves bandwith/memory usage, not to mention quick and effective..

No comment on 'silly'.......;)

LXRY
10-09-2008, 09:20 PM

Do you have some other input to add to this topic apart from spam ?

wynode
10-09-2008, 09:41 PM
The maximum is currently set at 10. Why do you need more......and how many do you think you'd need?

LXRY
10-09-2008, 10:00 PM
The maximum is currently set at 10. Why do you need more......and how many do you think you'd need?

Hey boss......

Ok as mentioned above "Poll's saves bandwith/memory usage, not to mention quick and effective.." also saves moderators from modding take this thread I started just the other day.....

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97989

I wanted to get an idea of where euro owners took their vehicles to service and to give a "number rating" from 1 to 10 as far as quality of service goes. I had to include both because of limitations of poll, rather than doing 2 polls in 2 seperate threads.

Take note on how many dealers there are...this could have been done in a poll, but I couldn't do it as poll limited to 10 only, that should answer your question on "how many do you think we need"

If their was a poll it would have been easier, quick and effective....saves time ;)

This thread was closed due to negative comments about dealers if only the poll had no limitations then maybe this thread would still be open today.

thanks.

yourfather
10-09-2008, 10:34 PM
i like your idea but im not sure it will get up because theres a possibility of slagging off someone elses business and unfortunately ozhonda doesnt seem to like that kind of stuff..

still, im all for increasing the amount of poll options required

LXRY
10-09-2008, 10:43 PM
i like your idea but im not sure it will get up because theres a possibility of slagging off someone elses business and unfortunately ozhonda doesnt seem to like that kind of stuff..

still, im all for increasing the amount of poll options required

I feel you bro regarding this other issue... but I'm only interested in getting larger numbers in polls for now ;) thanks for the support on this issue...

wynode
10-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Hey boss......

Ok as mentioned above "Poll's saves bandwith/memory usage, not to mention quick and effective.." also saves moderators from modding take this thread I started just the other day.....

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97989

I wanted to get an idea of where euro owners took their vehicles to service and to give a "number rating" from 1 to 10 as far as quality of service goes. I had to include both because of limitations of poll, rather than doing 2 polls in 2 seperate threads.

Take note on how many dealers there are...this could have been done in a poll, but I couldn't do it as poll limited to 10 only, that should answer your question on "how many do you think we need"

If their was a poll it would have been easier, quick and effective....saves time ;)

This thread was closed due to negative comments about dealers if only the poll had no limitations then maybe this thread would still be open today.

thanks.
There are over 50 items in the link you posted........no way would I increase the poll limit to 50.......that's not what it's there for. If you can provide a valid reason for me to increase it however I will. The thread you linked to is not a valid reason to increase it to more than 10!

LXRY
10-09-2008, 11:18 PM
There are over 50 items in the link you posted........no way would I increase the poll limit to 50.......that's not what it's there for. If you can provide a valid reason for me to increase it however I will. The thread you linked to is not a valid reason to increase it to more than 10!

ok like I said poll saves time (quick and effective) instead of going through many pages to get a result it's only a matter of pushing one button and your done, that's what a poll is for, don't see why it should have a limit. Have you ever thought that ppl don't use polls here becasue their is a limit of only 10 ?

Is their a reason why you can't increase the limit ?

...that's not what it's there for

What's the purpose of a limited poll of 10 then ?

panda[cRx]
11-09-2008, 10:49 AM
i think people are more likely to post a BS poll answer than actually replying to the threads so it would skew your results a little. but yeh i'm with wyn, more than 10 poll options 'seems silly' to me.

the vast majority of polls on the site are 5 or less options, in fact i can't think of any EVER that have used 10 :confused:

Q_ball
11-09-2008, 11:30 AM
LXRY, mate... your example is a one off occurrence.
In the last 3 odd yrs, i have yet to see/hear a need by anyone other member, for the ability to make such a big poll - yours is the first in that time.

A once off occurrence is not enough to warrant a mass change.

Bludger
11-09-2008, 12:14 PM
When making the threads - who should be the next OH moderator, i needed more numbers, i was limited to 10.

there are heaps more candidates than 10.

LXRY
11-09-2008, 04:37 PM
When making the threads - who should be the next OH moderator, i needed more numbers, i was limited to 10.

My point exactly...

Another example needed poll for intake for my car in the euro thread was limited to 10 intakes only i done the 10 anyway. Once poll had finished i saw who voted for intakes and then used this information to further my study into which intake i was to buy.

This information was useful to me as i value my fellow members opinion's as this field i was unsure of and had no experience in

Q_ball
11-09-2008, 04:45 PM

You're even lucky to be able to post such a thread.
Moderators are not for members to decide, they are for the owners/admin/mods of the forum.

My point exactly...

Another example needed poll for intake for my car in the euro thread was limited to 10 intakes only i done the 10 anyway. Once poll had finished i saw who voted for intakes and then used this information to further my study into which intake i was to buy.

This information was useful to me as i value my fellow members opinion's as this field i was unsure of and had no experience in

Isnt 10 options of intakes enough for you to further your research?
If you cant narrow down the market to 10 or less intakes, then you're obviously not researching enough.
Hit the books again.

LXRY
11-09-2008, 05:32 PM
LXRY, mate... your example is a one off occurrence.
In the last 3 odd yrs, i have yet to see/hear a need by anyone other member, for the ability to make such a big poll - yours is the first in that time.

A once off occurrence is not enough to warrant a mass change.

*Admin,Mod meeting - ... "What's this poll thing? Do you sit on it ?....swing on it?...eat it?...seems useless why would you have this?....damn waste of space...can't delete it (damn it)....no one will notice it...

At 10 o'clock after reading the 10 commandments while eating 10 sausages, on the 10th day of the 10th month the 10 mods and admins thought hard (only 10 mins) then :idea: one of the smarter ones said " just limit it to 10" (after realising he could only count to 10 cause he only had 10 fingers)this was made into a law that no one could change and question or face 10 lashes by the 10 mods who rule ozhonda * takes 10 deep breathes

your example is a one off occurrence.
In the last 3 odd yrs, i have yet to see/hear a need by anyone other member, for the ability to make such a big poll - yours is the first in that time
LMAO are you for real ? Of course you never seen it cause it's limited to 10.

LXRY
11-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Moderators are not for members to decide, they are for the owners/admin/mods of the forum.

Against the rules to do a poll on who we as members think deserve to be a mod? I think we know that we have no say in it....

you lucky bludger.......

Isnt 10 options of intakes enough for you to further your research?
If you cant narrow down the market to 10 or less intakes, then you're obviously not researching enough.
Hit the books again.

I've done enough research to know that you don't contribute enough in this forum....unlike some of the other dedicated mods we have here ;)

bennjamin
11-09-2008, 05:50 PM
LXRY - its set at 10 for reason , to "cap" it at a sensible number. On average the polls in here require less than 10 options so it sticks at 10.

maybe you can make a poll with 10 options , to decide if polls should have more than 10 options lol.

Bludger
11-09-2008, 05:54 PM
man, the thread was indicated as a joke.

but i mean it would have been good if i had more than 10 candidates.

LXRY
11-09-2008, 05:55 PM
LXRY - its set at 10 for reason , to "cap" it at a sensible number. On average the polls in here require less than 10 options so it sticks at 10.

maybe you can make a poll with 10 options , to decide if polls should have more than 10 options lol.

How did you work out the average figure of 10 if you dont mind me asking ?

Bludger
11-09-2008, 06:01 PM
If i were a moderator, i would increase it to 11, just to shut him up:p

LXRY
11-09-2008, 06:13 PM
If i were a moderator, i would increase it to 11, just to shut him up:p

Nah it'll never happen cause their is a good reason why it's limited to 10 only

*Looks at his watch...tick...tick...tick as he still awaits his answer

Q_ball
11-09-2008, 06:44 PM
I've done enough research to know that you don't contribute enough in this forum....unlike some of the other dedicated mods we have here ;)
Look at you get all personal tsk tsk tsk.
Dont assume what you have no idea about.
You see and know nothing.

Nah it'll never happen cause their is a good reason why it's limited to 10 only

*Looks at his watch...tick...tick...tick as he still awaits his answer
Youre right... it will never happen.
So build a bridge and get over it :)

Case closed.