PDA

View Full Version : Civic wont kick over...

killerlaces
09-09-2008, 11:08 PM
Heyo, just wanting to kno if anyone can help me out, mates got a 93 civic and it wont start, tries to kick over but engine only clicks (Yeah im real car savy)
Well looking for any known problems or even an engine diagram, any helps good...

finalazy
09-09-2008, 11:10 PM
flat battery?

VTI-00H
09-09-2008, 11:16 PM
yeah could be flat battery...

starter motor could be stuffed... ask your mate if he has been having to really crank the car lately before it starts... if so could be that...

maybe check he has enough fuel as well?? sometimes the most simplest things are the most obvious answers...

bennjamin
10-09-2008, 06:51 PM
the clicking noise is the starter motor. the bushes are worn or the solinoid is bad.

Get your friend to HIT the starter motor with a pole or long srewdriver while he turns it over , that should start the car. Once started , get a replacement starter motor

OMG.JAI xD
10-09-2008, 06:57 PM
or roll it down a hill in 1st or 2nd with clutch in and once momentum is gained. let the clutch out with ignition on =]

redinteg
10-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Had the same problem on my old gsi, starter motor for sure

SuiJin
11-09-2008, 01:15 AM
possibly flat battery try that first mate. mine has been that for the past 2 days lol.
HCCM guys should know :p thanks for the road side assist.

killerlaces
13-09-2008, 01:05 AM
Yeah hes got a Gsi, I rekon it was started motor but we been at work so havent looked into it...fun day at the wreckers....

98vtir
19-09-2008, 04:57 PM
It's happened to me once. Battery was fine, starter motor was fine. But after excess driving and lots of high rpm, when the motor was hot and I turned it off. When I tried to start it again it would just click till it cooled down a bit. Auto elec. put in a relay of some sort and it's been fine ever since.

Coincidently after that the starter motor sounded different when I started it and so did the engine pitch when accelerating which baffled me. But no difference in performance from what I can tell and this was a while ago now...