PDA

View Full Version : Injen CAI

her0
10-09-2008, 04:03 PM
was planning to get an injen CAI for my dc5r, and just wanted to ask if they are defectable? i'm in NSW.

cheers.

c0LL1n
10-09-2008, 04:39 PM
so long as the pod filter is not exposed and can be seen. best put it in an inclosed box etc, then you should be fine
gruppe m have cai's that are "legal"

DNY*BOY
10-09-2008, 04:40 PM
its defectable unless you have a box surrounding the filter but if its tucked behind your bar ur outta trouble although theyll get you for chrome piping... good mod tho

Ken-f
10-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Are you kidding about the chrome piping?

gheybo
10-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Are you kidding about the chrome piping?

LOL it depends on the cop, i guess if his in a bad mood they can defect you whatever they think its a defect

Ken-f
10-09-2008, 07:21 PM
how on earth is something being shiny defectable? lol.

DNY*BOY
10-09-2008, 08:05 PM
defects are: 'anything not factory' mate we dont mak the rules we just break em.... i had an injen cai the cop looked it and pulled out the book and it runs down behind my front bar so i only got defected for "chrome intake" anything afermarket is a defect unless engineered.... the 2nd time i got pulled over cop said thats an interesting setup very shiny ... all up to the piglets

krzy
10-09-2008, 10:31 PM
i love mad **** cops, one time in canberra they pulled over nd me and all ma mates had full bottles of red wine at a bus - stop, he just laughed at us and goes fukin pussies drinkin red :P ahaha, then later on that night out in town in clubs, saw him again on duty, nd invited him ta sit wit us nd munch on some hot chips, had a chat and he was off ahaha madddes ****

SuiJin
11-09-2008, 12:52 AM
intakes are not defectable if they are in an enclosed box. putting them against an add on to separate them from the engine does not count. needs to be enclosed.

her0
11-09-2008, 04:19 PM
I've been reading about the Injen CAI and seen a lot about the low end response loss from stock. I'd prefer to have my response up there, so could anyone clarify how badly the response loss from stock airbox to Injen CAI?

thanks