PDA

View Full Version : import EK9 Type R

x000
11-09-2008, 05:17 AM
can any1 import EK9 Type R here which also can register on road(vic)???

looking to buy 1 but seem not much out there. why???

aaronng
11-09-2008, 05:57 AM
Because they are not allowed to be imported unless it is through private import (you live for 1 year overseas and also own and drive the car for 1 year before moving back into Australia)

defect
11-09-2008, 10:26 AM
in vicroads, its different
they have the rebirth scheme, they rebirth cars such as eg6, ek9 with local deliver vins.

seen a few rebirths sold on ozhonda lately.
the Bowser's eg coupe, and 2 in queensland Lan's eg6 in Queensland and chris' ek SiR w/ the k20/24

BUT yes, very hard to source a Ek9

G-Stick
11-09-2008, 11:23 AM
they have the rebirth scheme, they rebirth cars such as eg6, ek9 with local deliver vins.

seen a few rebirths sold on ozhonda lately.
the Bowser's eg coupe, and 2 in queensland Lan's eg6 in Queensland and chris' ek SiR w/ the k20/24

BUT yes, very hard to source a Ek9

are u sure they vic roads use the locally delivered vins..? cuz the rebuilds ive seen have totally different vins altogether like 6t9repxxxxxx

the only imported hondas that use locally built vins are those rebirths which are illegal to my knowledge.

but i could be wrong

EK9
11-09-2008, 05:58 PM
omg, one of the most asked questions on ozhonda... lol. please search, as you could imagine this question has been raised many times.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88999&highlight=import+ek9*
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45839&highlight=import+ek9*

basically... you can't import an EK9 unless it's a personal import... and the ones already here are personal imports or rebuilds like the guys mentioned. there aren't many here, and if u do find one it's generally not for sale (like mine :p).

are u sure they vic roads use the locally delivered vins..? cuz the rebuilds ive seen have totally different vins altogether like 6t9repxxxxxx

the only imported hondas that use locally built vins are those rebirths which are illegal to my knowledge.

but i could be wrong
you're close here buddy. the rebuild scheme afaik has now ceased - i.e. can no longer rebirth cars with the "6t9repxxxxxx" or wotever vin number. the ones that do have them are fully legit rebuilds from pre 2001 (or around there). vicroads knows about these cars, and have recalled/rechecked the majority to see if they pass all aus standards.

and anycar that's rebuilt using a local vin is illegal. there is no legal way to do this i think...

MRGRIM
11-09-2008, 06:52 PM

the rebirth scheme has been phased out by vic roads over 18mths 2 yrs ago you can no longer do it

only way now is to import the parts and build replica or private import ( ie u owned it over seas)

ive been looking into this to

x000
11-09-2008, 08:33 PM
so add up everything here........ there is no way to get a EK9 type R import from jap if u dun owned 1 or used for at least 12 months right???

can this to be import as a rally or race car? and putting back all other stuffs back in once its landed???? or registed???

Alexx
11-09-2008, 08:38 PM
The only other way is to import the car for race/rally use and then put all the parts from the car on to a locally delivered chassis if you want it registered.

However you will still end up with a replica

You will need a cams licence to import the car for race use though