PDA

View Full Version : turning off eg?

MWAKU
11-09-2008, 01:04 PM
anyways we got our keys stuck in the EG, and had the engine still running (door locked on us, cause it auto locks when all doors are closed and keys are inside)

... first thing we tried to turn off the engine... we tried to block off the intake so it couldn't suck anything in, but it just died a little, but didn't turn off, then we pulled out the spark plug cover things, and it did the trick. just wondering, is that safe 2 do 2 the car?

what other ways can you turn off the car when the keys are locked inside?

so yeah, we got inside the car and yeah, but couldn't turn it on cause it killed all the petrol idling :thumbdwn:

trism
11-09-2008, 01:05 PM
pull the plug leads

easiest thing to do, no it wont hurt teh car

MWAKU
11-09-2008, 01:08 PM
oh yeh, thats what we did. ohh okay, i thought it would do someshit 2 it :S good good thanks 4 that

I heart the SSS
11-09-2008, 01:12 PM
(door locked on us, cause it auto locks when all doors are closed and keys are inside)

that's the worst feature ever.

Deactivate that crap

markoJEK1
11-09-2008, 01:12 PM
dont do plugs, probably wil give the motor a misfire code, simply pull out the fuel pump relay / fuse, and it will run out of fuel , shutting itself down safely.

MWAKU
11-09-2008, 01:26 PM
^ oh ok thanks for that

yeah the feature was already on the car (we were inspecting it 2 buy)

dupac->
11-09-2008, 01:33 PM
lol how did you get the bonnet open when u locked ur keys in the caR?

or was it already open?

RtN
11-09-2008, 02:01 PM

or was it already open?

Yeh same!! Last time I had my car batteries run out and then my car had no door handle keyhole only keyless entry.. so had to crawl through my EM1 boot after putting my SUB to the side and crawl to front LOL.

Boban
11-09-2008, 02:09 PM
if you pull the plug leads off it could burn out your dizzy. Mine fell off one night and the car shut off on me, i didn't know what was wrong so i tried turning it over but it wouldn't start, dizzy burned out. Maybe once was all it could take so next time just disable the fuel pump as said earlier

VTECMACHINE
11-09-2008, 02:43 PM

or was it already open?

HAHAHA yeah! WTF?!

VTECMACHINE
11-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Take off rocker cover and insert hand and/or penis in timing belt.

I heart the SSS
11-09-2008, 03:28 PM
take off rocker cover and insert hand and/or penis in timing belt.

+1 ....

dupac->
11-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Yeh same!! Last time I had my car batteries run out and then my car had no door handle keyhole only keyless entry.. so had to crawl through my EM1 boot after putting my SUB to the side and crawl to front LOL.

lol one time when i had my camry.. i dunno what i was thinking..
- i got out of my car.. holding my keys and a screw driver.. so im thinking to myself.. "why the hell did i bring out my screw driver, ill just put it back in the car"
so i opened the door.. chucked the keys in on the seat.. and locked the door.. while walking back to the house.. i realised i had the screw driver in my hand like a DICKHEAD.. tried to smasht he window with a hammer.. wouldnt smash coz it was air tight.. so i bent the rear windows and stuck my arm in..

LOL like a dickhead..

HAHAHA yeah! WTF?!

Take off rocker cover and insert hand and/or penis in timing belt.

lol +1...
ouch..

*still waiting for reply how he got access to the engine bay. lol*

mohdmanutd
11-09-2008, 11:22 PM
well the engine bay was running coz we were inspecting the car otherwise we couldnt open the engine bay..........but yeah after going back to the car today it would not start and its not because of petrol..........pushed it to the mechanic down the road and the mechanic informed us that either the ecu is gooooooone or the spark plug starter modulator thing is burnt.......so yes taking out spark plugs when the car switched on is not a very good idea

VTECMACHINE
12-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Perhaps your VTEC fell off into the timing belt?

MWAKU
12-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Yeah, take one spark lead off its fine, but he took 3 leads off, so his a dumb ****, send a spark back to the ECU or burnt the dizzy. Lmao

Thats why it wasn't starting up, they told my mate that it ran outta fuel, so we came next day and it was still wasn't starting.

So yeah, if its the ECU, were going to buy one and make him reduce the price. So anyone have ECU for GLi ?

we opened the doors, to open the bonnet, started the car, got out of the car,l door closed.. LOCK lol

Boban
12-09-2008, 02:31 PM
I don't think you'll need an ecu mate, all i had to replace was the dizzy. the whole thing not just the rotor cap and button, that didn't do anything in my case at least

the dizzy cost me $165 posted from melbourne to brisbane since noone here had a vti one :(

Honworld wreckers:thumbsup:

MWAKU
12-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Yea, got it done, brand new dizzy 300 so yeah(they paid for it), cars fine now. cars bought too :thumbsup: