PDA

View Full Version : tyre sizes for Euro

Bigpauly2788
11-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Hi guys its pauly, new guy to this great forum/website :)

Just wanted to ask around and see if any of the euro owners here have or know of someone who has fitted 20x8.5 rims and tyres to their euro.

I just purchased a new set of rims for mine and they are 20x8.5, just asking to see if its possible to fit them without having to roll the guards cause i dont really wanna do that... but if i have to, i have to :).

Also if anyone has a picture of a euro with 20x8.5 rims on it or even a pic of a euro which has had its guards rolled that would be great, as i am curious to see what the guards will look like after they have been rolled on a euro.

Cheers in advance guys :wave:

Crapdaz
11-09-2008, 02:38 PM
you will most definitely need to roll your front.
sorry no pics.

Bigpauly2788
11-09-2008, 03:01 PM
So rolling the guards will allow me to fit a wider tyre size on my car?

If you havent picked it up already im a massive noob when it comes to this stuff.

Could one of you guys explain to me exactly what "offset" is, i would greatly appreciate it guys THANKS.

Would i be correct in saying that changing the offset can make wheels on a car appear to be on an angle ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Crapdaz
11-09-2008, 04:47 PM
So rolling the guards will allow me to fit a wider tyre size on my car?

If you havent picked it up already im a massive noob when it comes to this stuff.

Could one of you guys explain to me exactly what "offset" is, i would greatly appreciate it guys THANKS.

Would i be correct in saying that changing the offset can make wheels on a car appear to be on an angle ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Rolling guards will make them fit but make sure you have steering wheel turned full to check whether they scrub your suspension assembly. Otherwise you may need a wheel spacer.

No sirreeeeee bob!!

Angle or slant on the wheels = camber.

Looking from the REAR of car

//--------\\ <---- negative camber

\\--------// <---- positive camber

Looking from Bird's Eye View

Sorry for my dodgy diagram.
________
| Front |
\\ -----// <--- Negative toe angle (Toe Out)
| ------|
| ------|
// -----\\ <--- Positive toe angle (Toe In)
|__Rear_|

Majority of people and showcars have negative camber.
And in order for your car to be able to ride on road, you'll need a slight negative camber to fight the camber on the road. But due to MASSIVE size of your wheels, you'll need negative camber at the back.

Offset is the distance from the lugnut positioning plate on the wheel to the centreline of the wheel.
http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/images/offset&#37;20diagram.jpg
Negative offset = deep dish wheels
Positive offset = no deep dish

Your wheel info and help is located @ www.1010tires.com; (http://www.1010tires.com;) alternatively check the Accord Euro Stickies.

Bigpauly2788
12-09-2008, 07:11 AM
Awsome stuff man wheel offset is now a lot clearer to me, thankyou very much for taking the time to reply to my message i appreciate it greatly.

Cheers Crapdaz. :D:D