PDA

View Full Version : Gti recaro seats

m0fo
11-09-2008, 03:56 PM
hey guys im a real noob when it comes to cars .. i have a EK1 hatch .. would lik to know .. if i bought the satria gti's recaro seats will they fit in my car ? the come with some uknown rails .. i think as long as the seats come with the rails they will fit in any car rite ? am i right or wrong ? pls let me know .. im pretty dumb : )

I heart the SSS
11-09-2008, 04:01 PM
its all good

They might fit via using the EK rails, but i've never seen the EK rails so I don't know.

You could try a premade Recaro rail for the EK, or a bride one. This would most probably work... Maybe some drilling here / there IF anything, nothing major.

If not, might need to get a bracket made up, and some universal rails. I heard this works too!

Can i ask, how much where / are the seats? i'm chasing a set too!

Hope i helped!

AE092
11-09-2008, 04:31 PM
hey mofo, are you getting the satria seats from some guy around the Noble Park/Springy area? Just wondering

Cause i was interested in a pair but the guy never got back to me

I heart the SSS
11-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Trung, sell them to me kthxbye

m0fo
11-09-2008, 08:48 PM
its all good

They might fit via using the EK rails, but i've never seen the EK rails so I don't know.

You could try a premade Recaro rail for the EK, or a bride one. This would most probably work... Maybe some drilling here / there IF anything, nothing major.

If not, might need to get a bracket made up, and some universal rails. I heard this works too!

Can i ask, how much where / are the seats? i'm chasing a set too!

Hope i helped!

Thx bro for the info .. Umm at the moment im on this satria website .. and asking ard if any1 is selling the seats .. so yeah thats pretty much it .. havent got the seats yet just wanted to make sure they could be fitted .. here is the website i went to http://protongtiforums.com/

m0fo
11-09-2008, 08:51 PM
hey mofo, are you getting the satria seats from some guy around the Noble Park/Springy area? Just wondering

Cause i was interested in a pair but the guy never got back to me

hey ae092 i know which seats u r talking abt .. nah they are not from the guy u r talking abt .. i got the idea from that guy actually .. it looked lik the cheaper soultion to the 1k recaro seats .. lol

TEE.KAY
12-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Those seats weigh about 600 kilos each man, just thought id let you know before you buy.

m0fo
12-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Those seats weigh about 600 kilos each man, just thought id let you know before you buy.

wtf ? u serius ... omg .. didnt know that thx tk

TEE.KAY
12-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Yea way way heavier than honda recaro's. But slightly more comfy (from memory). Your talking about the proton satria gti red/black/white (i think) leather recaros right? If so i wouldnt bother, but thats me.

AE092
12-09-2008, 08:28 PM
They arent leather

Just the normal velour ones, unless the newer shape GTi's have leather recaro's.

baeshin
12-09-2008, 09:03 PM
the proton gti recaro have the same mounting points (not 100% sure) as the other recaro seats like the ones from dc2r and the ek9, so basically you can use ek9 rails or vision rails to fit into your ek...

your stock rails wont fit

g_kn
14-09-2008, 11:38 AM
the proton gti recaro have the same mounting points (not 100% sure) as the other recaro seats like the ones from dc2r and the ek9, so basically you can use ek9 rails or vision rails to fit into your ek...

your stock rails wont fit

Gti recaro dont have the same mounting points duy

EG30
15-09-2008, 04:03 AM
Gti recaro dont have the same mounting points duy

think so?

thought all street recaro seats have the same 6 mounting holes on the bottom of the seat.

I might be buying of the pair of the same seats from a fren who recently wrecked his Proton gti in a competitive event. If they are not damaged I'll take it out and see if the mounting holes are the same.

TEE.KAY
15-09-2008, 05:37 PM
k apperantly the leather ones are only from the special edition gti or something.

EG30
15-09-2008, 07:58 PM
special edition most likely a dealer speak edition with leather done at the local trimmers, may be a sunroof and some decals. Bit like how some dc2r came with leather and/or sunroof added on by dealers.