PDA

View Full Version : DC2 Gsi trackcar

NissTrust
11-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Hi Guys,
I am a lurker of these forums and have been for a while. I have out of luck been handed over a fairly beaten up Honda Integra Gsi DC2, thats been used in the family as a bush bashing hack (ie. spare car) and am contemplating turning it into a weekend track car.

I just wanted to ask how interchangeable are DC2R parts to the stock DC2?
suspension, brakes, engines, LSD gearboxes, etc etc. I'm guessing they share the same parts bin at honda. I am aware of 5 stud bolt pattern on the brakes of DC2R compared to the stock DC2. My idea is to pretty much head to the parts section of these forums and get as many interchangeable parts from a DC2R as possible.

In simple terms i plan on targeting: suspension, brakes, air intake, exhaust stripping the car to bare bones, and then just tracking it.

I want to make this project as simple and cheap as possible.
Any suggestions, ideas, tips and advice greatly appriciated. Here to learn and garner what advice i can.

Cheers :D

jeffreymui
11-09-2008, 05:35 PM
i think the major difference is just the 5 stud patten and also those LCA are different....i am not so sure correct me if im wrong.....maybe u need to change those LCA aswell if u want to swap the suspension over....i own a dc4 aswell.....but im letting it go now....

e240
11-09-2008, 05:47 PM
PM Tinkerbell...he's got a similar one which he tracks very successfully. Infact, he won the Type 3B State Supersprint championships last year.

fatboyz39
11-09-2008, 05:50 PM
sell it and buy a dc2r.

tekung89
11-09-2008, 05:57 PM
u can never be a type R but that doesnt stop u from surpassing its stock performance ability. if ur chassis is feeling old i recommend some good struts and H braces under neath

as for suspension dont bother with the dc2r stuff, because ur gona spend alot of $$ buying stock oem parts to fit the type R shocks into ur dc4 wen that money could be spent buying coilovers to suit ur car straight fit.

stripping the car butt naked is fun, and remove ur sound deadning for the wank factor/weight reduction/raw sound.

if ur really want dc2R brakes then its gona cost some money, alternatively i recommend some good pads, braided lines, good fluids.

u could live with a b18b,, they're torquey enough and will provide average power, b18c head will get u into the vtec game. along with the 4.7gear box from the type R in the long run if u want will help u heaps.

then u have the normal i/h/e

NissTrust
11-09-2008, 06:35 PM
sell it and buy a dc2r.

hehehe i was waiting for that one or the buy an evo comment ;)

others thanks guys keep the suggestions coming in....

fatboyz39
11-09-2008, 09:33 PM
I think Qball should input into this. He has converted his rciey dc4 into a dc2r wanabe track/street car.

dsp26
11-09-2008, 09:42 PM
i think i should post this...
http://www.team-integra.net/images/BAEC1978-D3A7-4405-AB2D-2761DC15A96D/articles/powerband/stockteghp.jpg%3C/a%3E (http://www.team-integra.net/images/BAEC1978-D3A7-4405-AB2D-2761DC15A96D/articles/powerband/stockteghp.jpg)http://www.team-integra.net/images/BAEC1978-D3A7-4405-AB2D-2761DC15A96D/articles/powerband/stockteghp.jpg

LS = Aus GSi
GS-R = Aus VTi-R
Type R = Type R (http://www.team-integra.net/images/BAEC1978-D3A7-4405-AB2D-2761DC15A96D/articles/powerband/stockteghp.jpg)

I rex the B18b has build potential if you can get it to rev a tad higher with the right cams and compression + supporting mods (valve springs, rod bolts, etc)

NissTrust
12-09-2008, 08:15 AM
wow such a stark difference between these engines! the type r's drivetrain is definately proven with a chassis to match.

T-onedc2
12-09-2008, 08:55 AM
GSi = DC4

Any parts can be made to fit with little or no trouble, a good upgrade would be to fit Type R rear lower control arms, this will open up a whole lot of coil over/sprin & strut options

Q_ball
12-09-2008, 09:09 AM
I think Qball should input into this. He has converted his rciey dc4 into a dc2r wanabe track/street car.

LOL, its gonna be my "wkly-mobile" ... with the occasional track appearance haha ;)

In simple terms i plan on targeting: suspension, brakes, air intake, exhaust stripping the car to bare bones, and then just tracking it.

I want to make this project as simple and cheap as possible.
Any suggestions, ideas, tips and advice greatly appriciated. Here to learn and garner what advice i can.

Cheers :D

Pretty much everything is interchangeable between the 2.. bar suspension and brakes.

You'll need to upgrade to DC2R LCAs in order for the type R sussy to fit on the GSi.
Also, regarding the brakes, obviously, you'll need to either change to a 5 stud hub to fit DC2R rotors on it...
The other alternative is get DC2R sized rotors in 4x100.

Exhaust - interchangeable.
Motor swaps between the 2/intake swaps - straight drop in.
Ecu - i believe depends on the yr of your dc4... i have a 96 and the ecu i believe was a straight plug n play.

If you're not doign motor swaps, the dc2r gb is direct bolt on with the b18b motor.
It would be a pretty good upgrade with the shorter gearing and lsd :)

NissTrust
12-09-2008, 10:43 AM
thanks for the advice Qball. i'll have to track down some lower control arms as i definately do want coilovers for it. I'm not expecting to be extremely competitive just to get out there with a car that is semi capable. i'll probably work with the current brake setup and upgrade rotors, pads, lines etc to get the most out if it.

Q_ball
12-09-2008, 10:50 AM
You dont need to upgrade to DC2R lca's to run coils... its only if your dead set on running dc2r sussy/aftermarket sussy.

Just get coils for an EG or a dc2/4...
There are plenty of good coils available for these 3 cars (all 3 cars are straight swaps).
NB: dc2= vtir, dc2r= type r... there's a difference.

Alexx
12-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Are dc2r lcas considered an upgrade? I see them as more of an alternative, with the only real difference being that the bush for the bottom of the strut is on the strut itself, rather than on the lca like on a eg/dc2/4.

Are there any other advantages to running dc2r lcas? - ignoring the obvious dc2r suspension alternatives.

I guess what i am trying to say is are dc2r lcas better than eg/dc2 lcas...

T-onedc2
12-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Are dc2r lcas considered an upgrade? I see them as more of an alternative, with the only real difference being that the bush for the bottom of the strut is on the strut itself, rather than on the lca like on a eg/dc2/4.

Are there any other advantages to running dc2r lcas? - ignoring the obvious dc2r suspension alternatives.

I guess what i am trying to say is are dc2r lcas better than eg/dc2 lcas...
Definitely stronger/more rigid and possibly lighter, not sure on the last one

94dc2tegz
12-09-2008, 07:53 PM
subscribed

i hope you go thru with this man. eager to see the results =)

NissTrust
13-09-2008, 01:14 PM
thanks guys i am definately contemplating it seriously and no doubt it might be a tad bit underpowered but hopefully i'll have the brakes and suspension setup to freighten off cars many times the pedigree over in price. ;)