PDA

View Full Version : Site Discussion topics need more consideration

LXRY
11-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Seems like topics in site discussion section being closed too early by mods and admins.....some clearly abuse of power.

Shouldn't site discussion topics be given more consideration and time by moderators and admin's ?

How serious are mods and admin's on listening to feedback by the very members who use this forum?

After all that's why their is a site discussion section.

I have added a poll to see over 'time' on what other members think of this topic

minhkore
11-09-2008, 08:06 PM
hmm, uncertain but to me =/ they dont mind what topic u bring up aslong as its under control and in the correct section of this website then its okay..=/ but who knows :P i doubtly think the mods and admins are seriously closing em too early on purpose because who wouldnt wanna hear the members feedbacks for OH, pretty much it'll only bring benefit for OH . However too many complaints about things that arent needed cud be the key =S?

LXRY
11-09-2008, 08:15 PM
hmm, uncertain but to me =/ they dont mind what topic u bring up aslong as its under control and in the correct section of this website then its okay..=/ but who knows :P i doubtly think the mods and admins are seriously closing em too early on purpose because who wouldnt wanna hear the members feedbacks for OH, pretty much it'll only bring benefit for OH . However too many complaints about things that arent needed cud be the key =S?

No harm in allowing topics to be discussed for a longer period instead of just closing them down, discussion is healthy.....

LXRY
11-09-2008, 08:18 PM
This is the impression I get from the OzhondaHive

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa204/_ShEnStA/boom8fo8ne6xy-1.gif

SHOGUNOVDDRK
11-09-2008, 08:18 PM
no.

I think the topics that are covered imo are plenty covered and if closed 'early' its because the decision is firm and not being changed

wynode
11-09-2008, 11:44 PM

:thumbsup:

No harm in allowing topics to be discussed for a longer period instead of just closing them down, discussion is healthy.....

Discussion is healthy but generally after the first few pages the discussion goes off topic. If it stays that way then it gets closed. We have acted on user feedback in the past and flicking through the pages will prove this. Look at the Noob forum, Accord Euro forum and Build forum for example.

Also note that issues/recommendations do come up repeatedly over time and as things change (including the nature of the forum) these issues get brought up and re-evaluated. Ie in 15 years time we might see a need for a 50+ option poll.

This is the impression I get from the OzhondaHive

Cheers for that however you're only saying that because your thread was closed. Please do not take it personally however your thread was closed because the topic was going nowhere and you had no valid argument for your cause.

LXRY
12-09-2008, 12:09 AM
Cheers for that however you're only saying that because your thread was closed. Please do not take it personally however your thread was closed because the topic was going nowhere and you had no valid argument for your cause.

Nothing personal taken, I thought you were a man of reason but it doesn't seem that way the way I see it, you didn't close it Q_ball did because he got upset, no consideration of other members input, selfish and abuse of a power position.....I await your answers to the questions asked in the poll thread ;)

ludecrs
12-09-2008, 09:59 AM
If members weren't such spammy useless twits, there wouldn't be such a problem.

Too many members of this site post useless shit, and spam it to death with more useless shit. Users ruin the threads, not the mods. The mods just wipe up the mess after the shit stains have left.

Just looking at the Site Diss area now, there's a thread request for "Spotted sightings". First off - fail. Won't happen. Second off, of the 9 posts in there, 3 are spam, 4 are by mods addressing the topic, and the other 2 are member posts. Of those 2, ONE is the original topic..... This is just the first thread I opened.

Then there's your own thread, which "seems silly" to me.
When are you going to use more than 10 options for a poll? Why? To Spam in OT? Most forum software doesn't offer more than a 10 option Poll - this includes Invision Powerboard, VBulletin, PHPBB and many more.
Now, in your own thread, I only read the first page because I couldnt see a point in reading the other 2. Chunky adds his worthless spam, but you jump all over him and add your own, ruining your own thread, then you have the ordasity to sit behind your computer and have a whinge at us for not being better mods when 3 of us gave you a straight up answer onthe first page. I'd hate to read the other 2 pages of worthless shit.

Stop being such a hinderance, and seriously grow up.

Q_ball
12-09-2008, 10:28 AM
LOL @ I got upset, selfish, abuse of power RAR RAR RAR! hahahahaha

Man, if I got upset at all the shit that we as mods have had to deal with current and past, I'd need a freakn sponsorship of some kind from Kleenex for a yearly supply of tissues.

I closed it because a) you suggested something that was never gonna get implemented, b) you could not justify properly for making such a change, c) did i mention it was never gonna get implemented?

Seriously mate, i didnt lose a single minute of sleep over this haha... but ey, whatever makes you sleep better at night :)

wynode
12-09-2008, 03:03 PM
Nothing personal taken, I thought you were a man of reason but it doesn't seem that way the way I see it, you didn't close it Q_ball did because he got upset, no consideration of other members input, selfish and abuse of a power position.....I await your answers to the questions asked in the poll thread ;)
Like I said previously there was no reason to open the thread......if Qball hadn't closed that thread then I would have because there was no valid reason as to why it should remain open / why the options should be increased above 10. Sorry mate but you're fighting a lonely battle with the POLL issue.

If you've read through engough threads in the site discussion forum you'll see that we (and I) am open to feedback.

Seems to be like you're the one who's not reasonable and not happy unless you get your way. next time try and narrow down you options to less than 10!

LXRY
12-09-2008, 03:48 PM
If members weren't such spammy useless twits, there wouldn't be such a problem.

not every member the same, you going to get spammers that's what you mods are their for, to mod. Most mods here are trigger happy. you call this a 'problem', part of the job you mods took up. what you expected no spamming lol.

Too many members of this site post useless shit, and spam it to death with more useless shit. Users ruin the threads, not the mods. The mods just wipe up the mess after the shit stains have left.

Once again mods failed to read job description when they took up their positions as mods :)

Just looking at the Site Diss area now, there's a thread request for "Spotted sightings". First off - fail. Won't happen. Second off, of the 9 posts in there, 3 are spam, 4 are by mods addressing the topic, and the other 2 are member posts. Of those 2, ONE is the original topic..... This is just the first thread I opened.

Just close the site discussion down, you don't need it, lol, mods obviously got it down pat, who cares what members want.

Then there's your own thread, which "seems silly" to me.
When are you going to use more than 10 options for a poll? Why? To Spam in OT? Most forum software doesn't offer more than a 10 option Poll - this includes Invision Powerboard, VBulletin, PHPBB and many more.
Now, in your own thread, I only read the first page because I couldnt see a point in reading the other 2. Chunky adds his worthless spam, but you jump all over him and add your own, ruining your own thread, then you have the ordasity to sit behind your computer and have a whinge at us for not being better mods when 3 of us gave you a straight up answer onthe first page. I'd hate to read the other 2 pages of worthless shit.

First of all I'm not a spammer, check my posts...if you were active then you would already know this.

second I asked some questions that never got answered...still waiting

third I would like to see other members get involved in the discussion, not just mods "3 of us gave you a straight up answer on the first page" end of story crap lol.

I'd hate to read the other 2 pages of worthless shit.

Oh, you did read it....;) And you judge members input as 'worthless shit' is that what you think of members input ?

Stop being such a hinderance, and seriously grow up.

Well I'de hate to burst your bubble but from now on you gonna be working your arses off, I'll bring out the mod in you ;)

LOL @ I got upset, selfish, abuse of power RAR RAR RAR! hahahahaha

Man, if I got upset at all the shit that we as mods have had to deal with current and past, I'd need a freakn sponsorship of some kind from Kleenex for a yearly supply of tissues.

I closed it because a) you suggested something that was never gonna get implemented, b) you could not justify properly for making such a change, c) did i mention it was never gonna get implemented?

Seriously mate, i didnt lose a single minute of sleep over this haha... but ey, whatever makes you sleep better at night :)

All you seem to be doing is repeating yourself.

I even asked you nicely in the pm to re-open the thread but you didn't even reply to the pm (don't be shy post up the pm you got from me). How can you not even reply to my pm ?

Maybe if you weren't so trigger happy then it wouldn't have come to this.

Stop being such a hard nut and re open the thread and give it chance for more input by other members, this is excactly why i started this thread. This isn't hard to do, you do this all the time with your trigger finger, just a push and it's done, easy as ;)

You portraying a different attitude to this today I see you have your anger issues under control.

And why shouldn't you sleep you don't give a shit i can see that already, easy just to close it down and not worry about it, lol.

After all this I know you will think twice before your trigger finger gets the better of you ;)

LXRY
12-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Like I said previously there was no reason to open the thread......if Qball hadn't closed that thread then I would have because there was no valid reason as to why it should remain open / why the options should be increased above 10. Sorry mate but you're fighting a lonely battle with the POLL issue.

If you've read through engough threads in the site discussion forum you'll see that we (and I) am open to feedback.

Seems to be like you're the one who's not reasonable and not happy unless you get your way. next time try and narrow down you options to less than 10!

Like I said in other posts I know you can't answer my questions in that particular thread...so I will ask you here then you give me no choice.

1. Is their a problem increasing the poll more than 10 ?

2. How did you come to the figure of 10 for the poll ?

Some simple questions....

*Lxry passes the mike to wynode as the crowd pauses to hear the answer....

Q_ball
12-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Trigger happy, maybe... but it was justified as you obviously cannot understand logical reasoning, or a simple no!!- and my action has the backing of the majority.

Fact of the matter is this,
you suggested something,
you got shut down,
you started a hissy fit by asking all these irrelevant questions,
you were challenged by several regarding the legitimacy of ur questions,
and ur now ur making loose claims about a mod who's patience has run a bit thin by claiming that they dont care, trigger happy, abuse of power etc etc.

Wynode has already made it clear, your "opinion"... though accepted, does not warrant any action.
You've voiced, and we've heard... result = no action required.
Enough said.

Like I said in other posts I know you can't answer my questions in that particular thread...so I will ask you here then you give me no choice.

1. Is their a problem increasing the poll more than 10 ?No problem, but there's just no need for more than 10.

2. How did you come to the figure of 10 for the poll ?10 is a nice round number dont you think? Not many topics will require more than 10 options - the number cannot satisfy every single topic of discussion.

Answered.

dc2dc2dc2
12-09-2008, 04:13 PM
lol @ LXRY

and u call me a trouble maker
ur 10x worse

ludecrs
12-09-2008, 04:14 PM
not every member the same, you going to get spammers that's what you mods are their for, to mod. Most mods here are trigger happy. you call this a 'problem', part of the job you mods took up. what you expected no spamming lol.

Yes we're here to mod, not to wipe people's asses and tuck them in at night.
Spamming is a given, but when its excessive useless spam, from long time members who should know better it is tiresome.

First of all I'm not a spammer, check my posts...if you were active then you would already know this.

Bud, I never said you directly were a spammer, it was a generalisation. While you're at it, cease with the silly comments.

second I asked some questions that never got answered...still waiting

Wyn & Q have once again addressed your questions.

third I would like to see other members get involved in the discussion, not just mods "3 of us gave you a straight up answer on the first page" end of story crap lol.

I do agree here, although I do also feel, once an answer is reached, there is little point in keeping it open too much longer there after.

Oh, you did read it....;) And you judge members input as 'worthless shit' is that what you think of members input ?

Input is always welcomed, on ANY forum. Its what builds a community. Carrying on like a 6 yr old who got told he's a retard on his first day and having a cry to mummy is a different story.

JasonGilholme
12-09-2008, 04:20 PM
I do think that topics need to be viewed for longer, and discussed. and that discussion needs time to evolve in order to generate a resolution.

discussions are meant to go round in circles until a resolution is created.

LXRY
12-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by LXRY

1. Is their a problem increasing the poll more than 10 ? No problem, but there's just no need for more than 10.

2. How did you come to the figure of 10 for the poll ?10 is a nice round number dont you think? Not many topics will require more than 10 options - the number cannot satisfy every single topic of discussion.

LMAO at your answers.....hahahahahaha

whtteg
12-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Umm is this poll and this thread in direct relation to your 'poll' thread being closed LXRY?

To me once the original post is answered in a concise and direct way there is no need to keep the thread open for spamming or repeated comments.

My comment to your original thread, if it was still open, would be, "if you give people too many choices they will either not vote in the poll or give indecisive responses so I personally think 10 is ample, especially concidering some of the posts members make on ozhonda..."

I personally cant answer yes or no to this poll as each thread/post is individual and that must be taken into account.

LXRY
12-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Umm is this poll and this thread in direct relation to your 'poll' thread being closed LXRY?

You read the thread topic, it's pretty straight foward :idea:

To me once the original post is answered in a concise and direct way there is no need to keep the thread open for spamming or repeated comments.

I value your opinion, thank you.

My comment to your original thread, if it was still open, would be, "if you give people too many choices they will either not vote in the poll or give indecisive responses so I personally think 10 is ample, especially concidering some of the posts members make on ozhonda..."[/QUOTE]

Sorry but this is my point, on opening this thread, you have to comment on this thread about another thread which has been closed, not given a chance for other members to discuss, i thank you again for helping me make my point ;)

I personally cant answer yes or no to this poll as each thread/post is individual and that must be taken into account.

I'm not being specific just asking for more time for MEMBERS to add their input, not just MODS AND ADMIN'S and as far as spamming goes that's their job to mod and it shouldn't take a few spam's for them just to close it :)

please vote it's important, no matter what the outcome ;)

whtteg
12-09-2008, 08:32 PM
sorry LXRY i had to say no, as i believe u want the answer to reflect now how we feel if the site threads should stay open after being answered, i dont think its necessary...

LXRY
12-09-2008, 08:38 PM
sorry LXRY i had to say no, as i believe u want the answer to reflect now how we feel if the site threads should stay open after being answered, i dont think its necessary...

Your opinion is most valued to me......so when we getting together to celebrate ozhonda's 5th b'day :p

whtteg
12-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Your opinion is most valued to me......so when we getting together to celebrate ozhonda's 5th b'day :p

ROFL chances are im old enough to be your mother haha :p

LXRY
12-09-2008, 09:46 PM
ROFL chances are im old enough to be your mother haha :p

I love my fruit ripe :p

whtteg
12-09-2008, 09:51 PM
see even this is turning to spam hahaaaa

my son is fusionprelude lol so yep im a bit older

Type R Positive
13-09-2008, 12:43 AM
I have thought a few threads get closed pretty quickly.....
Then again, wait a week and the same question comes up again.

Q_ball
13-09-2008, 01:00 AM
Your original questions have been answered LXRY, move on or ship out.
I really dont care anymore.
You're suggesting/contributing nothing to this board, but a shit stirring platform.

Closed.