PDA

View Full Version : facelift fog lights

kraftycuts
11-09-2008, 09:40 PM
i have seen lots of these on ebay and have been searching around. but has anyones actually purchased these from ebay? im sure its from the us. how did they find installation? ie difficult?
if not from ebay is there anywhere else in aus to get them?

hisoka
11-09-2008, 09:49 PM
there all the same just different bulbs and some yellow some clear.

easy to wire aswell. 80 bucks cant go wrong

Dy_
11-09-2008, 10:22 PM
there all the same just different bulbs and some yellow some clear.

easy to wire aswell. 80 bucks cant go wrong

easy to wire if you're got basic knowledge of electronics.

theres only ONE seller on usebay that i've seen that has glass lenses whereas the rest are all plastic.

however i had a problem with him...i paid for the lights and never received the lights. After emailing them a few times they still didnt reply but as soon as i opened up a paypal dispute i got a reply and refunded my money.

latinstyle69
12-09-2008, 10:30 AM
hey mine are from the us and the same as the ebay ones except mine are glass lenses, you dont want plastic as they are easy to crack.

These aren't hard to wire up at all, if u do decide to get em and need a little help just let me know.

latinstyle69
12-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Or just refer to this thread where i posted some helpful info.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80567&page=6

misteR_bilzz
12-09-2008, 11:00 AM
http://www.ek9.org/forum/attachments/resource-area/4074d1219335912-honda-civic-98-00-fog-light-installation-manual-pdf-civicfoglights.pdf

latinstyle69
12-09-2008, 11:10 AM
^^^ The Above is for OEM foglights.

it can be used for how to install the foglight but not the harness installation due to the ebay ones come with a different harness.

misteR_bilzz
12-09-2008, 11:15 AM
pretty much the same concept. the plugs are different, i used it more for the bumper cutout didnt wanna ruin shit.

latinstyle69
12-09-2008, 11:41 AM
haha yea i did the same thing hey, but the ebay wiring harness can be abit confusing if you dont really no to much about electrics

Mugen Civic
12-09-2008, 06:24 PM
i have seen lots of these on ebay and have been searching around. but has anyones actually purchased these from ebay? im sure its from the us. how did they find installation? ie difficult?
if not from ebay is there anywhere else in aus to get them?

Yea there pretty good, only bad thing about them is that after awhile, u might have to purchase a new or replace the switch as the light in the button melts the plastic and buckles it.

As for wiring, its alil different to OEM one but just follow what these other ppl have posted up and u'll be fine.

As for the outside fitment and light, no problems. Its easy as and everything fits.

My example:
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk251/Mugen_Civic_photo/P9100121a.jpg

Goodluck :thumbsup:

jeansey
12-09-2008, 06:36 PM
ill be installing mine next week.

had them for months but never got around to it. getting the holes cut out for me at a smash repairs tho.

hisoka
12-09-2008, 06:38 PM
diy it man~so easy

jdm_kid
12-09-2008, 08:35 PM
a friend brought some off ebay. not so good, the quality was poor. the covers didnt align properly onto the brackets, they were way off. and yes the switch is chat lol. so he end up buying oems, no hassles what so ever. he was glad that he brought the oems

kraftycuts
12-09-2008, 08:58 PM
thanks for the input guys! esp latinstyles69, want to get these so badly. seen them on clean cars and loving it so much.
i dont think wiring is a real issue as long as there isnt any soldering involved.
although, im getting different opinions about the fog lights from ebay.
how much more would i be looking at if i were to go for the oem ones and where can i find them?

hisoka
12-09-2008, 09:18 PM
contact mod project, he got some decent ones

mrwillz
12-09-2008, 09:27 PM
there was a place in moorabbin that had aftermarket one
i've got them on my car they seem to be prety nice
glass lens of course

cant remmber the name of the place anymore
not sure if they even stock it!

i remmeber nugget666 was sellin a nice set, very nice!

Ry_
12-09-2008, 09:52 PM
I got mine from the states on ebay. The seller was 'speedinfiniti'. Glass lenses, came with a oem looking switch, and the appropriate harness and stuff. For a non electronically minded person, it can be a bit confronting, but with some help (Boban on the forums helped heaps) and research it's not impossible.

As for getting the holes cut out, we used box cutters and a craft blade. Took a while, but more tedious than difficult.

Got the glass lenses cracked from going on dirt road, but wasn't a problem, just bought another two sets lol. Cheap, and postage savings. One set smoked, one set clear, and a grey housing, and a black housing. Easy to change, just needs taking off the bumper.

The seller sent one of the new sets with the plastic housing snapped because they attached it to the metal bracket in postage to save space, but I wrote them an email an took a picture, and they replaced it. Took a while, but it was settled.

This is the original installation. Grey housing and smoked lenses on facelift EK.

http://byry.com.au/images/IMG_3616-1000.jpg

kraftycuts
14-09-2008, 11:13 PM
thanks again for the input, looking good ry! i like the gunmetal finish of them, also want to get the yellow lens ones. i guess its to ebay then. no one else has them around syd, dam sucks

Ry_
15-09-2008, 05:38 PM
No worries. If any consolation at all, you get pretty good prices on ebay. Might consider getting a spare set a combining delivery charges if possible if you go on dirt road ever. It's pretty annoying waiting around with a cracked non-working foglight. :)

DOHCTR Coopz!
15-09-2008, 09:21 PM
i got some copy ones from jdmsh!t, i wouldn't personally recommend them. delivery was adequate but the product itself was pretty low quality for the price i paid and the foglight switch wasn't even the correct size. i was willing to pay the price for OEM's but couldn't find any for sale for ages and loss patience! shoulda, coulda, woulda... :(

kraftycuts
01-11-2008, 11:14 AM
guys got my foggies! finally... LOL!

but the harness isnt the same as the oem so im having big time trouble installing it. im confused with the wiring even though there is a diagram supplied i just cant seem to work it out... :( anyone help? lol

yourfather
01-11-2008, 11:18 AM
foggies look good

chromies are spawn of satan