PDA

View Full Version : Accord '06 air-con problem

lkshean
12-09-2008, 09:46 PM
halo,

i'm a newbie here. just bought a used accord vti 06 from a private owner and now on the 2nd day of ownership, found the air-con was not working. Stupid me that I didn't turn on the air-con when I test drive the car before buying. Now, I'm on my own, trying to fix the problem.

The aircon system in car cabin works fine, with air blowing out and able to do heating. However, when I turn the knob to 19 degree and to LO, the compressor did not respond, neither does the fan under the engine hood. The fans did turn on when engine is hot enough to trigger it, but did not respond to air-conditioner request. I suspect it is an electrical problem, but I'd checked the fuse, all ok. There are also several relay that control the air conditioner but didn't know how to test them. Anyone can help??

Really sad to encounter this... If there is no way to DIY the repair, how much it might cost to have it diagnosed and fixed at workshop?

Thanks!

Dursty
16-09-2008, 10:14 PM
well considering your only running an 06' model, it should still be under warranty depending on kms?
otherwise, take it down to Honda and inquire about your problem.. its likely a faulty wire that wont link when summoned due to a mechanical problem in the actual receiver itself.. but i could be miles off..
just go check it out

mr180sx
20-09-2008, 07:35 AM
halo,

i'm a newbie here. just bought a used accord vti 06 from a private owner and now on the 2nd day of ownership, found the air-con was not working. Stupid me that I didn't turn on the air-con when I test drive the car before buying. Now, I'm on my own, trying to fix the problem.

The aircon system in car cabin works fine, with air blowing out and able to do heating. However, when I turn the knob to 19 degree and to LO, the compressor did not respond, neither does the fan under the engine hood. The fans did turn on when engine is hot enough to trigger it, but did not respond to air-conditioner request. I suspect it is an electrical problem, but I'd checked the fuse, all ok. There are also several relay that control the air conditioner but didn't know how to test them. Anyone can help??

Really sad to encounter this... If there is no way to DIY the repair, how much it might cost to have it diagnosed and fixed at workshop?

Thanks!

hey,

i had the same problem with my accord.But i have the older model CB7.Dont know if this will help you but all i had to do is get the aircon regassed and replace o-rings and my aircon was working fine again.But i guess you have an 06 model so i doubt you would of run out of gas.But maybe you have a leak somwhere.

Hope that helps

thanks