PDA

View Full Version : Do you think their is too much censorship in ozhonda ??

LXRY
12-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Do members think that we should have the right to speak up on things like...

Dodgey dealers ?

Dodgey traders on this site ?

Dodgey traders outside of this site ?

Dodgey service from any person relating to our vehicles (Honda's) whether it be here at ozhonda or outside of ozhonda ?

Someone who means harm to any member or has done harm to a member of ozhonda whether it be now or in the past ?

Do you expect the truth no matter what from a community based forum like ozhonda ?

Have you had a moderator edit your post because he/she didn't want you to tell the truth about a shonky deal/dealer either in ozhonda or outside of this forum ?

Have you experienced a moderator closing a thread down because someone told the truth about a dodgey operator ?

Do you think ozhonda should just be a host/medium and not get involved with members issues like the ones mentioned above ?

would you want to help a fellow member by telling the truth no matter what ?

Have you had problems outside of ozhonda and relied on ozhonda members to find out the truth ?

If this is important to you as a member here at ozhonda then vote "YES"

Did you know that moderators and admin's don't care about the truth as long as it is not mention here in ozhonda regarding these issues ?

How important is your freedom of speech to you ?

Zdster
12-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Waits for this thread to be closed!

You have completly missed all of the points posted in the other threads!

yfin
12-09-2008, 10:46 PM
I like your passion Shen but the moderators are not doing this because they think it is fun. If there was zero risk you guys could post anything about dodgy dealers, etc.

Take a look at what I say in this post - it is simply legal reasons to protect the operator of this site and nothing further.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1890974&postcount=93

And believe it or not - there is no such thing as freedom of speech in Australia (ie not expressed in constitution or law)

LXRY
12-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Waits for this thread to be closed!

You have completly missed all of the points posted in the other threads!

It's not what I think it's what the members think.....why close it excactly what I am trying to say...trigger happy mods ;)

LXRY
12-09-2008, 10:50 PM
I like your passion Shen but the moderators are not doing this because they think it is fun. If there was zero risk you guys could post anything about dodgy dealers, etc.

Take a look at what I say in this post - it is simply legal reasons to protect the operator of this site and nothing further.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1890974&postcount=93

And believe it or not - there is no such thing as freedom of speech in Australia (ie not expressed in constitution or law)

I believe in one for all, it happens like a mexican wave....one in, all in.

sue us all

Zdster
12-09-2008, 11:00 PM
I believe in one for all, it happens like a mexican wave....one in, all in.

sue us all

1. I dont think most members would appreciate being sued
2. It does not work this way anyway

If the mods are 'trigger happy', and I do not believe they are, it is only to best serve the interests of the community and its members.

Raztaz
12-09-2008, 11:05 PM
isnt this already being discussed sort of in yf's Disappointment thread, and no, dont sue us all, u can get sued but i aint intent on getting sued lol. The whirlpool forum case was a good example of ppl making posts about a business and a legal action being brought upon the sites operators

LXRY
12-09-2008, 11:08 PM
isnt this already being discussed sort of in yf's Disappointment thread, and no, dont sue us all, u can get sued but i aint intent on getting sued lol. The whirlpool forum case was a good example of ppl making posts about a business and a legal action being brought upon the sites operators

Someone mentioned getting ripped off but this different issue altogether ;)

whtteg
12-09-2008, 11:33 PM
you left out:

Too many dodgey polls on this forum?

panda[cRx]
12-09-2008, 11:35 PM
wtf have u been smoking today shen?

seriously half the stuff you posted is worse than beeza's conspiracies!! (no offence beez ;))

this has all been covered in the other threads you are involved in site discussion. did this really warrant ANOTHER threads plus another thread in the lounge linking to this?

if anything all you are doing is making the situation worse by making rubbish shit fight mudthrowing threads like this.

LXRY
12-09-2008, 11:40 PM
;1891201']wtf have u been smoking today shen?

seriously half the stuff you posted is worse than beeza's conspiracies!! (no offence beez ;))

this has all been covered in the other threads you are involved in site discussion. did this really warrant ANOTHER threads plus another thread in the lounge linking to this?

if anything all you are doing is making the situation worse by making rubbish shit fight mudthrowing threads like this.

It has been mention but never really covered in a thread I searched, I think it warrants a vote from the members as it is of great importance :thumbsup:

Warrants a 'silly' poll ;)

LXRY
12-09-2008, 11:41 PM
you left out:

Too many dodgey polls on this forum?

I will include this just for you as being the most special person in 5 years here in ozhonda..

panda[cRx]
12-09-2008, 11:43 PM
shen the only way you'll be happy is to make your own forum, here's a nice place to start http://www.vbadvanced.com/

i would like to see you:
-have a member base as good as ours
-manage a site of this size any better
-manage traders
-manage and pay for hosting
-moderating
-site maintenance
-etc etc etc

the vast majority of members are very happy with the forum. in general the only people that complain are the noobs that can't sell and spammers/shitstirrers for getting in trouble for doing something they shouldn't have. you are encouraging lynch mob mentality and being a lil childish imo

LXRY
12-09-2008, 11:56 PM
;1891201']wtf have u been smoking today shen?

Nothing i swear.....

Hey no fair you must of caught the happy finger trigger from Q_ball you deleted my thread....

How are members going to know that this thread even is here....this section gets 10 views a day lol, shit when I entered today had to fight off the cob webs, give it a fair chance please :)

Re-open the thread :)

LXRY
12-09-2008, 11:59 PM
;1891211']shen the only way you'll be happy is to make your own forum, here's a nice place to start http://www.vbadvanced.com/

i would like to see you:
-have a member base as good as ours
-manage a site of this size any better
-manage traders
-manage and pay for hosting
-moderating
-site maintenance
-etc etc etc

the vast majority of members are very happy with the forum. in general the only people that complain are the noobs that can't sell and spammers/shitstirrers for getting in trouble for doing something they shouldn't have. you are encouraging lynch mob mentality and being a lil childish imo

Actually i am a mod in 2 other forums 10000x larger than this one now you mention it if you like i can send you the links to see for yourself :)

SHOGUNOVDDRK
13-09-2008, 12:19 AM
*reads who OP is*

*puts on goggles*

"My eyes, zey Goggles do nussing!"

p.s Bold statements/Question's?

p.s.s might i ask as to why this isn't in the Lounge? (you made a thread in the lounge leading to here)

Anyway onto thoughts. (will try and number them to cause less confusion and no need to quote your original post)

As to your Questions 1-4. No.

For one i think Joe has set the example with not needing to be edited/censored/have things fixed for the Rules

He has set it right and is more then willing to talk about it Via Pm/Msn and has more then expressed his thoughts/feeling about the topic at hand

As for 5th Question do you mean Physical harm or Mental Harm?

If its the case of the above Physical and Mental then of course.

(6) I expect the truth from a community in general.

Weither it be at a Meet or on the Forum

I feel that in instances such as Joe's there is no harm in following the simple rules (of here or any other place) and that 'the truth' (if stating/speaking of the truth is breaking the rules) then it can be discussed via Spam Thread, Pm, Msn or whatnot.

(7) I have had the mods Edit and or Delete my post's in the past

The most recent would have been due to my stupidity and thinking out loud

(8) This 'truth' you speak of.

To what i have seen every thread that is Naming a Dodgy Trader/Store/Operator/Service ends up being edited due to defaming (accept for Joe..which was a pleasant shock) and after the solution is found 3/4 of the time i see the thread turn to shit/spam and a massive e-argument causes the ground to shake of the thread then the thread ends up being closed due to the thread ending up becoming a beef/spam thread

(9) IMO NO Ozhonda should not just be a 'medium'

If it were a case of this place changing into no more then a medium then it would be like /b/ (lord know i love that place) and it would become shit house/chaotic

If there was enough interest then why create a new place and why not migrate into the suit of the anon and Bring on the Ozchan and talk about wtfever you like, however you like, whenever you like with 0 censorship

(10) Once again this would tango with telling the truth (earlier question)

I'd have no problem telling the truth

BUT

If it were a thread where i cant talk about something/post it then simple fact id tell people to Pm me and respond to everyone of those Pm's (Wouldn't be the first time ive sent 50+ Pm's)

(11) No.

As for the Blue and Green, isnt that a bit of a Ultimatum?

Sure this may be important issue to every Ozhonda member but that is no reason to say "Yes" blindly

It would infact complicate things

Because on one hand Ozhondarians might feel that this is a important issue but on the other hand may not have a problem with the amount of censorship to date.

As for the statement in Red where is the proof?

It would be a opinion

Curious in 'stating' that have you met any mods before?

I would assume so as some of the mods/people have used (what i would assume) would be your first name

and as to contribute my opinion i have Met and Spoken to a fair few mods here (including our very own chairman and Subaru owner Wynode)

Both over the keyboard and face to face (etc etc etc) they are infact the same people and not just Bots who moderate

As for the other red~

I feel that my freedom to speech is important

For a long long time before I was a twinkle in Ozhonda's eye or a scratch in the pants of the Spam thread i whored multiple American forums (you know the land of the free?)

There was the usual trolls, the intellects, the general's and overspoken's

Some of the forums i encountered were (believe it or not) more so moderated/censored then Ozhonda and some were shit and lacking severely

As for the Mexican wave (god that reminds me that used to be Banned at Cricket games)

I know as for myself i sure as hell dont want to be sued, have friends who frequent here sued, have the mod's and Admin Sued and MOST of all do not want this place closed due to sue'age

I agree with what Zdster and what Raztaz has stated and dont feel the need to quote and +2 or expand

As for what Panda said about Mudfighting...

WOOOOOOO MUUUUDFIIIGGGHHHHTTT *strips and makes a mudpit*

Aswell as the Panda stated in order for you to ever be truly happy with a Forum is to create your own

/done

/waits for people to be blinded

LXRY
13-09-2008, 12:37 AM
^^^ Now can you repeat that in ENGRISH *%#4@

Q_ball
13-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Get a life mate.