PDA

View Full Version : Sussy set up

Denchy
01-10-2004, 10:51 PM
Hey yall juz wondering all those out there in O.H land who are driving EK1 Hatchies. what set up they are running in the suspension department. I dont wanna know about the big dollar coil overs and the likes but a decent bang for buck setup. I am not happy with my king springs and pedders shocky setup, too much body roll in the back :S and not enough turn in response. currently running with OEM bushes too.

Any decent response would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Scotty

fried
01-10-2004, 10:58 PM
want more turn in and less body roll

invest in a whilteline rear sway bar, front sway bar, camber/castor kit.. all that jazz.

u WONT regret it.

bizee_1
02-10-2004, 03:07 AM
yup, i'm sure there is a thread here somewhere, that pointed to articles of suspension from the net.
*Searching.....25%....65%....81%.....complete.*

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26&highlight=whiteline
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3119&highlight=whiteline

i don't own a EK hatch, but my 2cents is that a alignment reset & pretty much what fried had said is good BFYB.
You'll love it ! :thumbsup:
Ray
ps. Can anyone feel the subliminal message !?!? ;)

civic_mods
02-10-2004, 02:52 PM
good corning alwys not equal to bangs for bucks man.......
u always get what u pay for

did u try to drive a civic with coilover,front & rear sway bar,strut brace b4?
u will know it worth the $$$ to buy those stuff

Denchy
02-10-2004, 10:21 PM
good corning alwys not equal to bangs for bucks man.......
u always get what u pay for

did u try to drive a civic with coilover,front & rear sway bar,strut brace b4?
u will know it worth the $$$ to buy those stuff

already got the front strut bar.. will let you know how I go coz I am certain there is light at the end of the tunnel for the not so financialy advantaged out there.

carbine
02-10-2004, 10:26 PM
remember your car doesn't come with a front sway bar, so ek4 front control arms will be needed to install a sway bar.

Terry
02-10-2004, 10:35 PM
get a 22mm whiteline sway bar would solve your problem.....trust me....it rocks!
PS: try to look for a 2nd hand mate....a good one should be under $150..... very effective!!! :D

geo41e
03-10-2004, 12:06 AM
aaskk benn beenn!!
he's got my whiteline sway bar!!?!?$@!%$?@

civic_mods
03-10-2004, 01:23 AM
remember your car doesn't come with a front sway bar, so ek4 front control arms will be needed to install a sway bar.

my EK VTI sedan seems got the front sway bar but not the rear only :!:

wynode
03-10-2004, 02:25 PM
I wouldn't put a 22mm rear bar on your car without upgrading the mounts.

Apart from that, because you are on a budget, i'd go with a bigger rear sway bar, and depending on how that feels, decide if you want to increase your castor or front bar.

Denchy
03-10-2004, 09:35 PM
sweeet some constructive info thanks dudes.

BlitZ
05-10-2004, 06:24 PM
dont waste your money.
Since its a ek1 there isnt a std rear sway. Get one. They all come with uranthane bushing unless its OEM (vtir).
Make sure u get one with a larger mounting plate (3bolt). As alot of the sway bars out there with the normal 2 can cause serious damage to sub frame. my friends one tore apart. (do some research)

Get firm springs... the firmer the better for handling. but u gotta take into consideration street ride quality and your shock lvl and if they can take the harder rates.

im not sure if u have a front sway bar... but the vtir civic sway is big as or even bigger than most after market ones..
If your on a budget just get one.. but u might need different conrol arms or somthing to mount the arms onto.

tanghy
05-10-2004, 07:20 PM
if you have to buy a rear sway bar,
do consider the beaks kit + itr swaybar combo
much much better quality than "ohter" offerings