PDA

View Full Version : whats the 0-100 for a euro???

huhjared
14-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Went to "test" me car with a mate lsat night...

aaronng edit: -snip-

would it be the vtec that made the car urge forward dramatically after 70?

EUR003act
14-09-2008, 02:03 PM

aaronng edit: -snip-

im going to say three things:
1- im hoping this was not done on the streets, ozhonda do not tolerate street racing
2- please specify whether CU2 or CL9, auto or manual.
3- please use search function in the future, this has already been covered...

to answer your question, the euro's top power is made above 6000rpm, so it wont pull away till the top of its rev range, CL9 manual does 0-100 in about 7.6secs... specs do vary...

:thumbsup: otherwise, welcome to ozhonda! :)

huhjared
14-09-2008, 03:15 PM
im going to say three things:
1- im hoping this was not done on the streets, ozhonda do not tolerate street racing
2- please specify whether CU2 or CL9, auto or manual.
3- please use search function in the future, this has already been covered...

to answer your question, the euro's top power is made above 6000rpm, so it wont pull away till the top of its rev range, CL9 manual does 0-100 in about 7.6secs... specs do vary...

:thumbsup: otherwise, welcome to ozhonda! :)

hahahaa
1. definitely did not break the law or cause danger to any road user...
2. CL9 auto
3. is there an official kind of 0-100? cause the offical 0-100 on a camry is 9.3

Type R Positive
14-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Not VTEC as such, but the ability to hold 2nd gear longer.

EUR003act
14-09-2008, 03:38 PM
hahahaa
1. definitely did not break the law or cause danger to any road user...
2. CL9 auto
3. is there an official kind of 0-100? cause the offical 0-100 on a camry is 9.3

i think official 0-100 times released by honda for the CL9 auto was 7.9secs

anyone else care to correct me?

Crapdaz
14-09-2008, 03:41 PM

aaronng edit: ~snip~

as stated by eur003act, street racing is prohibited.

you haven't even told us how long it took for you to 0-100.

measuring by car length won't help.
from what your saying, seems like the gear ratios for the euro are longer when in higher gears so why you are pulling away more from 70+.

and because his on a V6 engine his beating you earlier on.

just my opinion correct me if i am wrong.

huhjared
14-09-2008, 04:15 PM
as stated by eur003act, street racing is prohibited.

you haven't even told us how long it took for you to 0-100.

measuring by car length won't help.
from what your saying, seems like the gear ratios for the euro are longer when in higher gears so why you are pulling away more from 70+.

and because his on a V6 engine his beating you earlier on.

just my opinion correct me if i am wrong.

sorry mate we didnt bother clocking it... it was just a fun kind of thing that we did on a private stretch of road... it only happened when he said lets try to see the difference between a 4cyc vtec and a 6 cyc since he had just had his road all paved nice and flat...

Crapdaz
14-09-2008, 04:23 PM
sorry mate we didnt bother clocking it... it was just a fun kind of thing that we did on a private stretch of road... it only happened when he said lets try to see the difference between a 4cyc vtec and a 6 cyc since he had just had his road all paved nice and flat...

hahaha your friend owns a road :)

huhjared
14-09-2008, 04:31 PM
erm something like that.. he owns a huge farm actually... and the road is built to go between farms in his Big Farm

K24A
14-09-2008, 04:32 PM
according to Australian New Car Buyer (2006 No.27), Accord Euro 2.4 Litre (base model) did 0-100km/h acceleration in 8.7 secs..

transmission was not mentioned

yfin
14-09-2008, 04:34 PM
i think official 0-100 times released by honda for the CL9 auto was 7.9secs

anyone else care to correct me?

You guys are way off!

The auto is 9.0-9.4 seconds and the manual is 7.6-7.9 seconds.

huhjared
14-09-2008, 04:38 PM
You guys are way off!

that sounds almost right... hm... not to be a wet blanket... i think the euro sucks... i changed over from a mazda 6 and my stock mazda 6 did a 8.5 auto

all the 140KW and vtec... and mazda 6 had like 122kw and no vtec...

disappointment... althought the ride quality and comfort level is way better on the euro.. the mazda 6 had a way better steering feel and lesser body roll

oh and all the reviews on mazda 6 being noisy... i totally agree.. BUT the euro isnt that quiet as well... i think the camry was quiet and you might say its a

big car but what if you compare the noise level with a mitsubishi colt.... the mitsubishi colt is quieter than the euro...

i am comparing on stock settings.. pls dont flame me...

Type R Positive
14-09-2008, 04:39 PM
CL9 auto sucks..... so does the CU2 auto!
Euro manuals on the other hand.....

aaronng
14-09-2008, 04:39 PM
huhjared, I am obligated to delete your thread because there was racing involved...

EUR003act
14-09-2008, 04:42 PM
that sounds almost right... hm... not to be a wet blanket... i think the euro sucks... i changed over from a mazda 6 and my stock mazda 6 did a 8.5 auto

disappointment... althought the ride quality which is comfy is better on the euro.. the mazda 6 had a way better steering feel and lesser body roll

what are you talking about?!?!? 140kw with vtec vs. 122kw with no vtec?!?! vtec doesnt add power onto your 140kw... besides, peak power really means nothing for acceleration, the mazda6 i agree in stock form has more torque mid rev range, possibly due to its 2500cc engine compared to hondas 2354cc engine... either way, dont come into the accord euro forum and outright say "the euro sucks" your obviously new on the forum, so try not to piss people off, we got alot of touchy people in here... as for the body roll, my parents have mazda6, and stock euro vs. stock 6, euro would win everyday, way way better handling...

yfin
14-09-2008, 04:43 PM
i changed over from a mazda 6 and my stock mazda 6 did a 8.5 auto

What is your source for this? The best Wheels could get was 9.8 seconds from the Mazda 6 auto series you had.

migoreng
14-09-2008, 04:51 PM
haha at the syd meet 1 or 2 weeks ago i took someone for a drive...
he wanted to see how fast my car was.. :D
i think the euro pulls better at lower revs but a vti-r faster at higher rpm imo...

EUR003act
14-09-2008, 04:53 PM
haha at the syd meet 1 or 2 weeks ago i took someone for a drive...
he wanted to see how fast my car was.. :D
i think the euro pulls better at lower revs but a vti-r faster at higher rpm imo...

euro will pull harder compared to VTI-R cause of larger capacity engine, vs. mazda6 tho, when my car was stock, the 6 def had more low/mid range pull... now my car cains it tho :p

Type R Positive
14-09-2008, 05:01 PM
euro will pull harder compared to VTI-R cause of larger capacity engine, vs. mazda6 tho, when my car was stock, the 6 def had more low/mid range pull... now my car cains it tho Just wait till your mum mods hers!

EUR003act
14-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Just wait till your mum mods hers!
haha well she does have MPS floor mats... maybe shes making sleeper! :O lol

bodaas
14-09-2008, 05:47 PM
7.6-7.9s for manual euro, do you have video to show?

huhjared
14-09-2008, 05:54 PM
what are you talking about?!?!? 140kw with vtec vs. 122kw with no vtec?!?! vtec doesnt add power onto your 140kw... besides, peak power really means nothing for acceleration, the mazda6 i agree in stock form has more torque mid rev range, possibly due to its 2500cc engine compared to hondas 2354cc engine... either way, dont come into the accord euro forum and outright say "the euro sucks" your obviously new on the forum, so try not to piss people off, we got alot of touchy people in here... as for the body roll, my parents have mazda6, and stock euro vs. stock 6, euro would win everyday, way way better handling...

erm... the mazda 6 is a 2.3l... sorry if i have offended anyone who owns a euro... cause i have a euro now and had a mazda 6 like 2 months ago... I was just trying to comment on my experience with both the car... for your case maybe your euro is very powerful and turns corners well.. while for your parents mazda 6 suspension has a problem and as parents they dont maintain the car well... but if you were to not side the euro which i think we would all cause we have one... take both the cars on the same corner at the same speed and you would know what i mean... i drive everyday to work and i do this huge bend at 60km/h with the mazda 6 i wont have had my eyes open wide as it was like driving on straight road with abit of body roll... but with the euro u kind of have the urge to step on the brakes cause you can feel the suspension on the car going down on one side... pls try it because i can assure you that you can tell the difference...

huhjared
14-09-2008, 06:01 PM
What is your source for this? The best Wheels could get was 9.8 seconds from the Mazda 6 auto series you had.

the spec says 8.9.... maybe the machine that i borrowed from a work mate isnt accurate and it says 8.5 maybe it was 9.5? but it doesnt matter now since i dont have the car anymore and everyone just wants our euro to be faster than any other car out there...

aaronng
14-09-2008, 06:02 PM
erm... the mazda 6 is a 2.3l... sorry if i have offended anyone who owns a euro... cause i have a euro now and had a mazda 6 like 2 months ago... I was just trying to comment on my experience with both the car... for your case maybe your euro is very powerful and turns corners well.. while for your parents mazda 6 suspension has a problem and as parents they dont maintain the car well... but if you were to not side the euro which i think we would all cause we have one... take both the cars on the same corner at the same speed and you would know what i mean... i drive everyday to work and i do this huge bend at 60km/h with the mazda 6 i would have had my eyes open wide it was like driving on straight road with abit of bend... but with the euro u kind of have the urge to step on the brakes cause you can feel the suspension on the car going down on one side... pls try it because i can assure you that you can tell the difference...
So are you saying that the Mazda6 is better than the Euro in handling or in acceleration? You started with acceleration and now you are talking about handling. Which one is it?!?!

huhjared
14-09-2008, 06:05 PM
huhjared, I am obligated to delete your thread because there was racing involved...

pls do so if you have the need to cause i wont want anyone to get into trouble...

damienm
even though the euro has a crap load of body roll, i reckon it still grips extremely well more so than the mazda 6.
Anyways, i don't think you should be too worried about performance when you have an auto euro as you wont be beating anything besides buses n semi trailers.

Type R Positive
We all know the Euro is the best, otherwise we would be on ozmazda.com! :p

huhjared
14-09-2008, 06:07 PM
So are you saying that the Mazda6 is better than the Euro in handling or in acceleration? You started with acceleration and now you are talking about handling. Which one is it?!?!

i feel that the mazda 6 has better handling... the euro doesnt have the -ve G when you acc like the mazda 6 BUT... i think the euro is faster cause of the higher rpm range... 6000rpm vs 7000rpm

Type R Positive
14-09-2008, 06:08 PM
i feel that the mazda 6 has better handling... the euro doesnt have the -ve G when you acc like the mazda 6 BUT... i think the euro is faster cause of the higher rpm range... 6000rpm vs 7000rpm Throw a RSB on your car and get back to us! ;)

EUR003act
14-09-2008, 06:09 PM
erm... the mazda 6 is a 2.3l... sorry if i have offended anyone who owns a euro... cause i have a euro now and had a mazda 6 like 2 months ago... I was just trying to comment on my experience with both the car... for your case maybe your euro is very powerful and turns corners well.. while for your parents mazda 6 suspension has a problem and as parents they dont maintain the car well... but if you were to not side the euro which i think we would all cause we have one... take both the cars on the same corner at the same speed and you would know what i mean... i drive everyday to work and i do this huge bend at 60km/h with the mazda 6 i wont have had my eyes open wide as it was like driving on straight road with abit of body roll... but with the euro u kind of have the urge to step on the brakes cause you can feel the suspension on the car going down on one side... pls try it because i can assure you that you can tell the difference...

Mazda6 2.5L not 2.3L (http://www.mazda.com.au/Models/Current%20models/Mazda6.aspx) (i was talking about the new one, you didnt specify)

and when i said the euro handles better, i was talking when mine was bone stock, and the mazda6 was brand new... both cars just how they left the factory...

so your saying when u drive the mazda6 u dont have your eyes open wide? :eek:

EUR003act
14-09-2008, 06:12 PM
i feel that the mazda 6 has better handling... the euro doesnt have the -ve G when you acc like the mazda 6 BUT... i think the euro is faster cause of the higher rpm range... 6000rpm vs 7000rpm

negative G when accelerating? so your saying your mazda6 pulls hard enough to create 1G of force? so if there was no base on your chair, you wouldnt full down because there was equal force to gravity pushing you into the seat back?

Euro08Jaz
14-09-2008, 06:45 PM
i love the handling of the euro, i found the mazda a little boaty in corners, but having the traction control off in the euro at reasonable speeds the euro is so great and predictable to drive, i can loose complete traction of my front wheels and understeer into a corner and still be in complete control, the only scary thing the euro has ever done 2 me was once going into a corner sharply the back flung out but the traction control snapped it back in.

my only true criticism of the euro is the huge amount of wheel hop when launching, and the bodyroll at high speeds

Euro08Jaz
14-09-2008, 06:51 PM

disappointment... althought the ride quality and comfort level is way better on the euro.. the mazda 6 had a way better steering feel and lesser body roll

oh and all the reviews on mazda 6 being noisy... i totally agree.. BUT the euro isnt that quiet as well... i think the camry was quiet and you might say its a

big car but what if you compare the noise level with a mitsubishi colt.... the mitsubishi colt is quieter than the euro...

sounds stupid to buy a car that you think sucks

pengpeng
14-09-2008, 07:09 PM
I had my Euro for more than four years and im always confident about hammering into corners, no doubt it feels like a boat, but if you are confident and brave enough you'll know it's a boat with an anchor to the sea bed.

huhjared
14-09-2008, 07:20 PM
negative G when accelerating? so your saying your mazda6 pulls hard enough to create 1G of force? so if there was no base on your chair, you wouldnt full down because there was equal force to gravity pushing you into the seat back?

okok i wont say more... when i said the -ve G i meant the -ve G effect... Just to clearify I have had 7 cars prior to the euro and when i meant 7 cars its within 3 yrs which meant all the cars i have driven was from 02' onwards nothing older than that...
I would consider the euro as a awesome package of performance, comfort and handling... the euro doesnt top any thing but because its a one car wonder i think its a pretty good car... I never have the intention to hurt or offend anyone here owning a Euro... and let me explain why i changed cars just in 2008

1st car in 2008 changed from a 04' magna to a mitsubishi 380
reason: 380 had heaps more power

2nd car: 04" mazda 6
reason: petrol was going up so maybe its time to be sensible and downgrade to a 4cyc...

3rd car:accord euro
reason: the mazda 6 was noisy and i had to travel 50km a day and i felt that comfort was more important.. researched on similar medium size car and through heaps of internet reviews, I found the euro being one of the best for comfort in the medium size car... to be honest i love the euro just felt disappointed cause maybe deep inside me i had this feeling that it would be heaps faster than the mazda 6 that i had especially with the legendary Vtec....

huhjared
14-09-2008, 07:25 PM
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

I truly apologize to anyone who has been offended...

huhjared
14-09-2008, 07:27 PM
I had my Euro for more than four years and im always confident about hammering into corners, no doubt it feels like a boat, but if you are confident and brave enough you'll know it's a boat with an anchor to the sea bed.

hahahah... true... maybe i just need more time with the euro espeically when i only had it for 4 weeks

The X Man
14-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Fair enough. I too downgraded (in a sense) from a 6cyl to a 4cyl but comparing the Euro to the Aurion i had, handling wise the Euro kills it.

Perhaps spend some $$$ and mod your Euro by fitting a front strut brace and thicker rear sway bar and then compare it to the Mazda 6.

I do wish to Euro had more power but you get used to it.

Jegi#5
14-09-2008, 07:30 PM
We all know the Euro is the best, otherwise we would be on ozmazda.com! :p

Sorry to be off topic slightly since we are talking about NA Auto 4cyl cars, but............

Heheh...I went from 6pd Euro 06 Lux to a 07 Mazda 6 MPS...........still miss my Euro...for everyday driving...more progressive clutch pedal feel, but can't live without the performance and handling of the MPS....hmmm if only they could put Turbo AWD with the Euro and there's my next car!

EUR003act
14-09-2008, 07:30 PM
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

I truly apologize to anyone who has been offended...

no harm done buddy!

and if its performance you want... the euro can provide that :thumbsup: a couple of bolt on mods and you'll have 130kw atw :D

huhjared
14-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Fair enough. I too downgraded (in a sense) from a 6cyl to a 4cyl but comparing the Euro to the Aurion i had, handling wise the Euro kills it.

Perhaps spend some $$$ and mod your Euro by fitting a front strut brace and thicker rear sway bar and then compare it to the Mazda 6.

I do wish to Euro had more power but you get used to it.

OOOooo some one who had an aurion and he would be able to compare... the ride on an aurion is awesome... its like so comfy and quiet... if the euro was like that i would love it....

The X Man
14-09-2008, 07:40 PM
and if its performance you want... the euro can provide that :thumbsup: a couple of bolt on mods and you'll have 130kw atw :D

Do tell.

EUR003act
14-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Do tell.

RBC intake manifold, racing headers, hiflow cat, 3inch CAI... that should get you there... (depends on dyno ofcourse...)

huhjared
14-09-2008, 07:49 PM
no harm done buddy!

erm... wont really want to mod my car anymore the days of spending $4000 on a supercharger on a magna is long gone... I wont even bother changing rims now... hahahaa... being abit of a saver/cheap ass to save up more money for the house...
BUT...
there are basic things i would require in my car
1. SPOILER ( i have this thing for spoilers hahhaaaa..)
2. good rubber (comfy ones with sports performance... used to have C.Drives on the 380 and then moved on to dunlop sports with mazda 6 and now with goodyear excellence* its supposed to be OE tyres for luxury cars which are quiet and have an other band which works like a C.Drive)
3.HIDs with White led parkers... * changed my parkers on the euro on the 1 week cause i cant stand the yellow one with a white HID...

Things I usually mod for performance (Cheap stuff!!!)
1. K&n panel air filter ( not done for the euro yet)
2. front strut bar ( should a euro need one? cause the mazda 6 didnt require one due to its front chassis structure)
3. had rear sway bar for my 380 and magna because its a BIG BOAT.... ( would the euro really benefit alot from it? borrowed one from a mate who had a mazda 6 and tried it on my mazda 6 didnt really have a big effect like the 380 so i didnt bother ...)

Things i am thinking of trying to the euro
1.CAI
2.????
3.????
any CHEAP and easy mod is welcomed

Things that i have done and most prob would never do again
1. extractors
2. whole exhuast system
3. Open pod air intake
4. lowered car and changed shocks...
5. advanced timing on the car...

yfin
14-09-2008, 07:57 PM
7.6-7.9s for manual euro, do you have video to show?

Home video is bs - plenty of magazine testers with proper measuring equipment have achieved those times.

Euro08Jaz
14-09-2008, 08:04 PM
im sure everyone will agree that the euro benefits greatly from a rear sway bar

the one i would personally consider would be the progress rear sway bar (22mm)

there are some front sway bars available for the euro but im sure it could be argued that they are better suited to track use.

i guess the most important thing anyone can do to there cars is having a good set of rubbers, lol best performance upgrade their is.

for what the euro is its a great car, it may not be sports car but i find it much more classy and refined than say a mazda 6 or magna. lol i guess its easy to offend people when you make negative comments about a car in its specific forum.

at the end of the day we all bought this car for a reason whether it be choice or compromise. car bashing makes no sense to me as most of us are trying to make the most of what we've got.

huhjared
14-09-2008, 08:10 PM
im sure everyone will agree that the euro benefits greatly from a rear sway bar

the one i would personally consider would be the progress rear sway bar (22mm)

there are some front sway bars available for the euro but im sure it could be argued that they are better suited to track use.

i guess the most important thing anyone can do to there cars is having a good set of rubbers, lol best performance upgrade their is.

for what the euro is its a great car, it may not be sports car but i find it much more classy and refined than say a mazda 6 or magna. lol i guess its easy to offend people when you make negative comments about a car in its specific forum.

at the end of the day we all bought this car for a reason whether it be choice or compromise. car bashing makes no sense to me as most of us are trying to make the most of what we've got.

" more classy and refined" thats was one of the main factor why i bought the euro... its definately more refined... especially when you are working, your car reflects you in a way wont want you boss to think u are a hoon... hahahaha

aaronng
14-09-2008, 08:13 PM
pls do so if you have the need to cause i wont want anyone to get into trouble...
I have edited out the racing bit to keep this thread open.

What tyres do you currently have on your Euro? Have you tried cornering in the Euro until the tyres give way? If you are braking because you don't feel the confidence, then you are not at the limit yet. :) Of course, do it at the track.

huhjared
14-09-2008, 08:23 PM
I have edited out the racing bit to keep this thread open.

What tyres do you currently have on your Euro? Have you tried cornering in the Euro until the tyres give way? If you are braking because you don't feel the confidence, then you are not at the limit yet. :) Of course, do it at the track.

tyres are goodyear excellence they are suppose to give a comfy and sportier/safer ride with an other "harder" band of rubber on the outside tyres so the tyres dont flex much... its like a c.drive...

havent tried the giving way of the tyres yet cause they are still spanking new (used it for only 4 weeks) and burning them would make me feel the pinch... hahaha... anyway would try it soon enough when i have time to go to the track...

aaronng
14-09-2008, 08:43 PM
tyres are goodyear excellence they are suppose to give a comfy and sportier/safer ride with an other "harder" band of rubber on the outside tyres so the tyres dont flex much... its like a c.drive...

havent tried the giving way of the tyres yet cause they are still spanking new (used it for only 4 weeks) and burning them would make me feel the pinch... hahaha... anyway would try it soon enough when i have time to go to the track...

The Goodyear Excellence should be similar to the Yoko AVS550 DB. Not sporty tyres at all. The C.Drive is sportier than the Excellence. Get a ride in an Euro with RE001. Cheap and grippy tyres. Love them! They corner like a go-kart as long as you keep the weight balanced between front and rear when you enter the corner (Euro is a front-heavy car)

huhjared
14-09-2008, 08:46 PM
hm... might consider those in the future... RE001

pengpeng
14-09-2008, 08:54 PM
get a Merc CL65 AMG, I think you'll be happy with this car, it will give you everything you want, power, comfort handling.........all you want.

Euro08Jaz
14-09-2008, 08:57 PM
get a Merc CL65 AMG, I think you'll be happy with this car, it will give you everything you want, power, comfort handling.........all you want.

if only life was that easy...

pengpeng
14-09-2008, 09:06 PM
well........this is what im trying to point out, be happy with what you're having on hand.

aaronng
14-09-2008, 09:37 PM
hm... might consider those in the future... RE001

Disadvantage of RE001 is lack of acceleration grip, especially in the wet. But no problem for the Euro with its low torque. Only 1st gear will have traction problems in the wet.

damienm
14-09-2008, 09:52 PM
sorry to hijack thread but are the P zero rossos better than the RE001s?

aaronng
14-09-2008, 09:54 PM

I hope they are, considering the price difference!

damienm
14-09-2008, 09:55 PM
lol i got quoted 249 for the p zeros n 285 for the re001s

aaronng
14-09-2008, 10:01 PM

What size? RE001s are cheaper in the 15-16" sizes, but when you go larger, they are too $$$

The X Man
14-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Are the RE001's quiet?

Min988
14-09-2008, 10:30 PM
2nd car: 04" mazda 6
reason: petrol was going up so maybe its time to be sensible and downgrade to a 4cyc...

Err the Mazda 6 is a 4 cyl.

aaronng
14-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Are the RE001's quiet?
They are quieter than the stock Dunlop 2050m that come with the base Euro. But there are other tyres on the market that are much quieter. I think even the RE040 which comes on the Lux model is quieter than RE001. RE001 is not meant to be a quiet tyre anyway.

The X Man
14-09-2008, 10:42 PM
OK. My tyres on the Lux (RE040) are bloody loud, i'd rather search for a quiter when i find some new rims.

huhjared
14-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Err the Mazda 6 is a 4 cyl.

Changed from the 380...... as XXXXXXXXXX

Crapdaz
15-09-2008, 12:33 AM
when i was looking at reviews people said pirelli in general have too soft sidewalls, so in result it reduced cornering performance.

just an insight.

aaronng
15-09-2008, 12:40 AM
OK. My tyres on the Lux (RE040) are bloody loud, i'd rather search for a quiter when i find some new rims.
I recommend you get a ride on someone elses Euro with RE001 before you decide. Just in case your standard for quietness is higher than the rest of us. :thumbsup:

huhjared
15-09-2008, 02:45 AM
I recommend you get a ride on someone elses Euro with RE001 before you decide. Just in case your standard for quietness is higher than the rest of us. :thumbsup:

I think his standard of quietness is pretty high and i totally understand him especially when he came down from a aurion... i came down from a 380 to a mazda6 and to a euro and i think big car espeically with the V6 is really quiet and even with noisy tyres its still quiet... it is quite sad for me to sit in a 03' camry and say to myself damm this car is half the price as mine but its quieter... damm...

Crapdaz
15-09-2008, 07:05 AM
i think it just depends on sound deadening on the car itself.

tron07
15-09-2008, 09:22 AM

Better check the age of the tires too...

Type R Positive
15-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Sorry to be off topic slightly since we are talking about NA Auto 4cyl cars, but............

Heheh...I went from 6pd Euro 06 Lux to a 07 Mazda 6 MPS...........still miss my Euro...for everyday driving...more progressive clutch pedal feel, but can't live without the performance and handling of the MPS....hmmm if only they could put Turbo AWD with the Euro and there's my next car!
I know exactly what you mean!!!
I wanted to get a Subi liberty GT-B, but the missus couldn't justify the extra $25k or so.
Im sure everyone else here wants a turbo too. ;)

Type R Positive
15-09-2008, 09:31 AM
i love the handling of the euro, i found the mazda a little boaty in corners, but having the traction control off in the euro at reasonable speeds the euro is so great and predictable to drive, i can loose complete traction of my front wheels and understeer into a corner and still be in complete control, the only scary thing the euro has ever done 2 me was once going into a corner sharply the back flung out but the traction control snapped it back in.

my only true criticism of the euro is the huge amount of wheel hop when launching, and the bodyroll at high speeds
All fixed with the CU2. :cool:
No body roll, and grip. Soooo much grip!

Type R Positive
15-09-2008, 10:00 AM
You guys are way off!

British CL9 times from 5th gear:
http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?mnk=203&id=1287&model=1207&description=Accord+2.4+i-VTEC+EX+4dr

Performance
Manual
Top speed:
141 mph
0 - 62 mph:
7.8 seconds
Fuel consumption:
32.1 mpg (combined cycle)

Automatic
Top speed:
141 mph
0 - 62 mph:
9.5 seconds
Fuel consumption:
32.8 mpg (combined cycle)

The X Man
15-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Hell yeah, the Aurion is an extremley quiet car and the Euro is far from it but i had a pig nose WRX prior and that was absolutley horrible.

huhjared
15-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Hell yeah, the Aurion is an extremley quiet car and the Euro is far from it but i had a pig nose WRX prior and that was absolutley horrible.

ok finally someone who understand me when i say the euro is not exactly quiet... the internet reviews have mislead me... and the ass dealer who put only 26psi on the wheels to make is quiet and soft and comfy... when pumped to the norminal 36psi... bumpy and not quiet at all...

Euro08Jaz
15-09-2008, 08:46 PM
ok finally someone who understand me when i say the euro is not exactly quiet... the internet reviews have mislead me... and the ass dealer who put only 26psi on the wheels to make is quiet and soft and comfy... when pumped to the norminal 36psi... bumpy and not quiet at all...

lol they are so freaking tricky arent they? yea my car is getting a little nosier but i dont drive her aswell is i should, i think i need an oil change. i guess you could look into better tires and sound deadening.

The X Man
15-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Dealers are lying shitheads at best, any amount of bullshit for a sale.

aaronng
15-09-2008, 09:10 PM
You are meant to use 32psi, not 36psi if you want quietness.

huhjared
16-09-2008, 02:45 PM
You are meant to use 32psi, not 36psi if you want quietness.

Really??? the guy at the tyre shop specifically told me to put in 36...
but would it rip off my rubber if i put in 32??
anyone here that pumps only 32???

Type R Positive
16-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Check the placard in the door jam. I think it's only 32?

huhjared
16-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Check the placard in the door jam. I think it's only 32?

it says 220/210 and 260/250
which is 32/31 and 38/36 (high speed driving)

Type R Positive
16-09-2008, 05:07 PM
it says 220/210 and 260/250
which is 32/31 and 38/36 (high speed driving)
There's your answer, straight from factory! :)

tron07
16-09-2008, 06:36 PM
I do 33/32 and 34/33 (highway)

huhjared
17-09-2008, 12:39 AM
ok took the advice and went to repump my tyres when i fill up... the thing is i have this tyre pressure pen which i paid $7 for at supercheapauto and it showed me 36 psi when the servo pump is 32.... hm... which one should i look at servo pump or pen... went to the next servo and check... it was at 32... and put in the pen again 36... went home poked the pump on my neighbours mazda 6 and the pen showed 32... the mazda 6 he had was a 08' so i expect the tyre pressures to be right since it has like 7000ks on the clock... will try on colleagues car tom...

VTECMACHINE
17-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Is there a big difference between weights and subsequently 0-100 times between the Luxury model and the non-lux model?

Drove my Dad's Euro Lux today for the first time. Freaking Loveeedddd it! Such a change from a teg. You guys have a great package!

johnprocter
17-09-2008, 07:05 AM
auto or manual mate?