PDA

View Full Version : Combining springs ?

Bigpauly2788
14-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Hi lads, pauly here

Just a quick question, i recently got King springs installed in my euro, they are brand new.

Now i would like to lower the rear end of my euro 3" instead of 1.5" which is what i have atm. It currently has around a two finger gap.

My question is do you think it would affect the car at all if i was to take out the rear king springs and replace them with Kmac 3" lowering springs ? ? ?

or would i have to change all 4? ?

Cheers guys.

Pauly

The X Man
14-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Hey, i can't help you with your question however i have been thinking about doing the same as you have done (King Springs). Do you have a pic as to what it looks like now?

Bigpauly2788
14-09-2008, 07:42 PM
I will get some pics up for you mabe tomorrow il put them on this thread, atm the car is lowered 50mm front and 35mm rear. but i wanna go lower at the back so that when i get my wheeels put on the guards are swallowing rim :D:D

Crapdaz
15-09-2008, 12:22 AM
imo best to use the same spring as if you have different spring rates for them, then it might cause your ride quality to become worse/better.

But if the springs have the same rating then i don't think it should make a difference.

Bigpauly2788
15-09-2008, 05:32 AM
imo best to use the same spring as if you have different spring rates for them, then it might cause your ride quality to become worse/better.

But if the springs have the same rating then i don't think it should make a difference.

How do you mean rating, is that the amount by which they lower the car ?

Sorry im noob :confused:

Crapdaz
15-09-2008, 07:06 AM
spring rate is how quick the spring compresses.
the harder the spring - the rougher the ride and vice versa.
but being hard and soft has there own pros/cons

D R U
15-09-2008, 10:01 AM

Aren't your spring rates front and rear different anyway?

So using a different brand spring at the back will be the same using the same brand spring, but with a different spring rate.

SiReal
15-09-2008, 10:15 AM
If you are using these springs purely for looks and gentle driving and cruising, and will not be racing around tracks or on roads with uneven surfaces, etc etc, then it is fine to combine springs. It will change the handling characteristics of the car and hence you probably will need to adapt your driving style as such.

Bigpauly2788
15-09-2008, 10:20 AM
mmmm well thanks for the feedback but i think i will just keep the king springs in untill i have enough money to get some coilovers.

vte18c
15-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Personally I think King's have a problem with their product catalogue.. When you read the kings product catalogue for certain hondas it seems they give you superlows for the front but just lows for the rear eg. KHFL.. KHRSL.. I had the same thing with my integra, it didnt seem to sit flat it looked more decked at the front and I hate that look.. I ended up going back and making them swap the rears for superlows...

George euro
15-09-2008, 11:50 AM
JUST SWAP THEM every1 complicated it and makes it sound all bad i have coilovers now i usedt o have kings at the front and diff springs at the bak u dont even feel the differance i recon just go for it man

Bigpauly2788
15-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Nah stuff it bro il just get coilovers, and sell the king springs after. May as well spend a bit more money for something that is a lot better quality and will last a lot longer, you know :)

George euro
15-09-2008, 03:57 PM
yeah i agree thats what i done u cant go wrong with coilovers