PDA

View Full Version : Changing Rear engine mount

sikisdr69
14-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Hi Guys

Just wondering what is the easiest way to remove the rear engine mount on a B series Integra DA9 or even generally on a b series engine, i was having a little fiddle with it myself but couldnt get far without making things complex for myself

Limbo
15-09-2008, 09:57 AM
yeah i got the same prob its a B*tch to get to, i still haven't don mine for the same reason

vinnY
15-09-2008, 10:04 AM
unfortunately theres no easy way to go around it
just gotta keep removing stuff that gets in your way

took more time wiggling the mount out and wiggling a new one in than it did bolting everything off and back up again

Q_ball
15-09-2008, 10:14 AM
If you're to remove the whole mount, I think youre gonna have to lift the motor out somewhat... partially if not all out.

Prolly best to put the car on jackstands, partially hoist the motor up, and then get at the rear mount from underneath the car.

vinnY
15-09-2008, 10:20 AM
funnily enough i was able to remove the rear mount from an ek4 by just removing the whole intake, battery+bracket and disconnecting some hoses here and there armed with a lot of patience i got the bastard out eventually :)

Q_ball
15-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Shit, the mount, not the mount point LOL... ok my bad.

Disregard the hoisting out part...
Yeh, as vinnY has said, either remove shit from the top, or jack it up and go from underneath.

Theyre both pretty much as annoying as each other :)

ECU-MAN
15-09-2008, 10:33 AM
just unbolt the rear braket from the block and gearbox and from the mount, then undo the mount from then K frame, and wiggle it out.

Its realy not that Hard

sikisdr69
15-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Yea looks like i have to start removing things i didnt want to, ill try tonight and see how i go.

Limbo
15-09-2008, 02:46 PM
just unbolt the rear braket from the block and gearbox and from the mount, then undo the mount from then K frame, and wiggle it out.

Its realy not that Hard

just wondering will this affect wheel alingement?

sikisdr69
15-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Was able to remove the rear engine mount, i had to drop the rear cross member abit so i can access the bolts, its a job that requires alot of patience as the bolts take there time to loosen, now comes the hard part, putting it back on.

vinnY
16-09-2008, 01:56 AM
good luck getting it back in man
i so don't envy you hehe