PDA

View Full Version : JDM Civic FD2R Update

Jo_e
15-09-2008, 04:20 PM
Looks like the FD2R comes in more colours now. even purple...=S

http://jpcnews.blogspot.com/2008/09/fd2-civic-type-r-updated-for-2009.html

SuperSteve
15-09-2008, 04:28 PM
dam the FD2R are nice. If i could get them imported i would sell my ep3 and get 1 >_<

howy
15-09-2008, 04:33 PM
man this is such a tease... :(

markoJEK1
15-09-2008, 04:40 PM
may I ask why the all sedan models now? when the first one was brought out it was a 2door and it looks way hotter than 4door imo

dreamerlie
15-09-2008, 04:44 PM
I just love FD2R in Black...hot...

howy
15-09-2008, 09:15 PM
may I ask why the all sedan models now? when the first one was brought out it was a 2door and it looks way hotter than 4door imo

What do you mean? The FD2R was always a sedan and 4 doors, it was never 2 doors. The only new 2 door civic type r is the FN2R, which is the aussie CTR.

I still reckon the FD2R is better than the FN2R in every possible way.

Menzy
15-09-2008, 09:35 PM
i have a fn2r and i agree with howy! it looks.....HEKTIK!

JZ45HO
15-09-2008, 10:24 PM
^^ x2
I love my FN2 but i'd gladly trade it in for the FD2R any day

samsung001
16-09-2008, 11:30 AM
we've got no chance to get one in AUS. Do we ?

DreadAngel
16-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Without the use of Personal Import, no yet... Don't think it'll go through SEVS because the FD1 is sold here...

Menzy
16-09-2008, 12:12 PM
i can see so many replicas happening ! just like ek1 to ek9 hehehe

EK9
16-09-2008, 12:28 PM
finally drove my bro's fd2... omg i can't believe how nice it is to drive. kinda makes me want to get one now...

and yeah... i'll take the fd2r over fn2r anyday. jdm goodness, amazing performance... and 4 doors for practicality! lol

6-SpeedManual
16-09-2008, 12:49 PM
we've got no chance to get one in AUS. Do we ?

i'm afraid not. honda australia has supplied the civic type r to the australian market in full volume, so its a pain in the ass. there are two ways/possibilities. If full volume is surrended by honda in near future then a window of opportunity can exist. the other is personal import as DreadAngel mentioned earlier.

denot
16-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Without the use of Personal Import, no yet... Don't think it'll go through SEVS because the FD1 is sold here...

and FD2 :p

but yeah... too bad we cant "register" it as a Civic Sports when we import one hohoho

samsung001
16-09-2008, 02:26 PM
i'm afraid not. honda australia has supplied the civic type r to the australian market in full volume, so its a pain in the ass. there are two ways/possibilities. If full volume is surrended by honda in near future then a window of opportunity can exist. the other is personal import as DreadAngel mentioned earlier.

That's really bad. How come the good things never available in AU!:(
AUS HONDA...PLs get rid the FN2R and get the FD2R here PLEASE !!!!!

Type R Positive
16-09-2008, 02:30 PM
When is Honda Australia going to get their head out of their ass?
Hopefully with all these new performance models coming out from all the other brands, might push them to release it. After all, the DC2R sold really well. The FD2R would be even better being a 4 door and all.

I would lay a deposit down right this instant if I knew it was coming here.

Philip Lee
16-09-2008, 03:58 PM
apparently the current Honda Aus boss (the man who was responsible to bring the FD2r to Malaysia) said we won't get FD2R here. his reason was that FD2R is too hardcore for our market.

in a way i can understand his reasoning (although i don't agree). there is virtually no other $40k+ on the market that only has 2 airbags (and minimal equipment). the market has moved on since the DC days.

having said that, i would buy a FD2R if it is available here for under $50k.

dmx
16-09-2008, 04:22 PM
having said that, i would buy a FD2R if it is available here for under $50k.

Fn2R already under 50k (RRP 43k), i reckon FD2R would around 50k+(53k???), but you add extra around 10k, you will get "basic" HSV with 317kw V8 6.2L, 19", 365 mm rotor, 4 pot BBK at rear :eek:

denot
16-09-2008, 05:10 PM
Fn2R already under 50k (RRP 43k), i reckon FD2R would around 50k+(53k???), but you add extra around 10k, you will "basic" HSV with 317kw V8 6.2L, 19", 365 mm rotor, 4 pot BBK at rear :eek:

agree... or a basic EVO X as well... It's sad, but sometimes we have to accept that FD2R might be hard to sell here... maybe we should open a poll on "Would you buy FD2R for $55k" thread :p

Type R Positive
16-09-2008, 05:12 PM
apparently the current Honda Aus boss (the man who was responsible to bring the FD2r to Malaysia) said we won't get FD2R here. his reason was that FD2R is too hardcore for our market.
That's what the market wants!!!
They can't keep evo's on the floor, the gtr's coming here, xr6t's are a huge hit, everything's going hardcore......

What has honda got? A bloody hatch back. Flop like the new wrx (which is coming out in a sedan very soon!)....

Petition time? :confused:

denot
16-09-2008, 05:15 PM
What has honda got? A bloody hatch back. Flop like the new wrx (which is coming out in a sedan very soon!)...

I think the sedan Impreza wont come in WRX STi version, or only in auto cant remember... :p

anyway, to fight EVO X, WRX STi, etc etc.. we need MUGEN RR!!! Type R wont stand a chance :p

dannybubu
16-09-2008, 05:16 PM
i would lay a deposit for the fd2r right now if they came...i think we should do a poll on who would buy the fd2r and send it to honda aus...

andyhui01
16-09-2008, 06:07 PM
When is Honda Australia going to get their head out of their ass?
Hopefully with all these new performance models coming out from all the other brands, might push them to release it. After all, the DC2R sold really well. The FD2R would be even better being a 4 door and all.

I would lay a deposit down right this instant if I knew it was coming here.

Bear in mind they didn't sell the JDM DC2R, they sold the UK ones. I believe it had slightly less power as well... kinda like the FD2R and FN2R.

Although the differences between the JDM DC2R and the AUDM ones were minimal, they brought in the less hardcore one. Which is the same as Bringing the FN2R in as its less hardcore.

Same applies for our DC5R's.

Type R Positive
16-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Bear in mind they didn't sell the JDM DC2R, they sold the UK ones. I believe it had slightly less power as well... kinda like the FD2R and FN2R.

Although the differences between the JDM DC2R and the AUDM ones were minimal, they brought in the less hardcore one. Which is the same as Bringing the FN2R in as its less hardcore.

Same applies for our DC5R's.
True. :(

Limited edition Jap spec would be nice. The other manufacturers are basically now Jap spec for all the world. The issue used to be our fuel. Not any more....

I might buy one of those Toyota/Subaru cars that are coming out soon. They look like fun. The new S16 Silvia looks crappy.

samsung001
16-09-2008, 07:36 PM
i would lay a deposit for the fd2r right now if they came......

x2:thumbsup:

6-SpeedManual
16-09-2008, 10:33 PM
They can't keep evo's on the floor, the gtr's coming here, xr6t's are a huge hit, everything's going hardcore......

actually its quite the opposite. the australian market is small compared to other countries worldwide. thats why they are having a hard time bringing in the nissan gt-r. it might not even happen at all. we'll just have to see
@ the next international motor show at the end of the year.

veecee
17-09-2008, 12:08 AM
It would be nice if they tweaked the import laws to allow variants which manufacturers never bothered to bring in. As it stands it is overly protective of the importers and the consumer loses...

Euro08Jaz
17-09-2008, 12:53 AM
its a very nice car but it looks 2 much like a standard civic to 2 stand out against the evo's or what not at that price range. us honda people appreciate them but i cant imagine anyone else, can you honestly see people trading there wrx's and s15 for a civic?

The Mugen civic rr on the other hand ...

howy
17-09-2008, 12:58 AM
its a very nice car but it looks 2 much like a standard civic to 2 stand out against the evo's or what not at that price range. us honda people appreciate them but i cant imagine anyone else, can you honestly see people trading there wrx's and s15 for a civic?

That's the thing, you can either go sleeper or chuck on a kit and make it stand out.

Mugen, Ings and Bomex all make the civic stand out. Ings and Bomex give a more aggressive look if that's what you're after. Whereas, the Mugen one gives you the flexibility.

Euro08Jaz
17-09-2008, 01:03 AM
i agree that the kit matters to an extent and the fn2r does well because it looks so different from a normal civc.

but the fd2r looks so much like the base model civic for it 2 earn the prestige it deserves in Australia's market.

denot
17-09-2008, 07:48 AM
, can you honestly see people trading there wrx's and s15 for a civic?

uhmmm yes I knew at least 2 people who wants to trade this (one has 98 WRX and the other is EVO VII) :p

Type R Positive
17-09-2008, 08:41 AM
2 words why Australia sux for cars.
****ing Ford and Holden.

Type R Positive
17-09-2008, 08:45 AM
actually its quite the opposite. the australian market is small compared to other countries worldwide. thats why they are having a hard time bringing in the nissan gt-r. it might not even happen at all. we'll just have to see
@ the next international motor show at the end of the year.
When the yanks are getting them for $69k and they want to sell them for $150k here, that doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

BTW, they can't keep up with global demand, hence they jacked up the price of them recently $7k or something.

I bet we won't get them untill demand drops down for them.

Type R Positive
17-09-2008, 08:46 AM

depends on the price. If it was the same price as the FN2R, they would sell like hot cakes. 10x as many as the hatch.

dannybubu
17-09-2008, 08:56 AM
depends on the price. If it was the same price as the FN2R, they would sell like hot cakes. 10x as many as the hatch.

true...so what's the problem with honda australia?! the ppl in the UK say that the suspension is too stiff for their roads but australian roads are good so i don't see any problem...

aren't they already struggling to sell the hatchback type r?? i haven't got one coz i don't think its worth $40k where as i'd pay $50k for the fd2r no problems.

6-SpeedManual
17-09-2008, 09:50 AM
true...so what's the problem with honda australia?! the ppl in the UK say that the suspension is too stiff for their roads but australian roads are good so i don't see any problem...

aren't they already struggling to sell the hatchback type r?? i haven't got one coz i don't think its worth $40k where as i'd pay $50k for the fd2r no problems.

who know how their(honda australia) mind works. but its just marketing in the end. they'll obviously bring in the model that sells.

Tofu
17-09-2008, 10:07 AM
who know how their(honda australia) mind works. but its just marketing in the end. they'll obviously bring in the model that sells.

so does that mean they stuffed up with the FN2R?

Type R Positive
17-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I guess they brought the hatch because it is different to the normal civic line.

Truth is 4 doors sells way better than 2 doors. Everyone that brought a FN2R would have brought a FD2R, + all those extra sales from people like me. :)
I got a new CU2 euro, 'cause the hatch doesn't suit my needs. I would have gladly payed $10k - $15k extra for a FD2R.....

Type R Positive
17-09-2008, 10:10 AM
so does that mean they stuffed up with the FN2R?me thinks so....

Philip Lee
17-09-2008, 10:16 AM

What has honda got? A bloody hatch back. Flop like the new wrx (which is coming out in a sedan very soon!)....

Petition time? :confused:

the market wants fast cars with comfort & safety features. that's why GTR/EVO has gone to auto shift dual clutch manual and 200kg of fat.

FD2R delivers the first bit but not the 2nd bit. wtf still dual airbags? u can get away with that in the 90s but not now unfortunately.

FD2r still works in Japan tho. most owners would rip the bags off for a Nardi/momo in no time. and a recaro comes straight after. so no side bags are better over there.

and i was looking at a Honda mag the other day, Honda sold around 250 FD2R in japan a month. which is like 35&#37; of the total Civic sales over there.

Philip Lee
17-09-2008, 10:19 AM
so does that mean they stuffed up with the FN2R?

well at least better than nothing.....

Philip Lee
17-09-2008, 10:21 AM
****ing Ford and Holden.

don't just blame Ford and Holden, most if not all other brands are quilty.

Toyota and co pushed hard to get rid of the import scheme and 15 years old.

Philip Lee
17-09-2008, 10:23 AM

x2

that's why i went to the trouble to import a EP3 + got a GTI (despite new models are coming soon) instead of a FN2.

dannybubu
17-09-2008, 10:56 AM
the market wants fast cars with comfort & safety features. that's why GTR/EVO has gone to auto shift dual clutch manual and 200kg of fat.

FD2R delivers the first bit but not the 2nd bit. wtf still dual airbags? u can get away with that in the 90s but not now unfortunately.

true...but don't the civic vti only have front air bags? so what's the problem? well...obviously type r is faster car but still...someone can go 180km/h in civic vti as well...

UNLS1
17-09-2008, 11:23 AM
****ing Ford and Holden.

lol if i need a nice well built car to run the fam or myself around town, good on resale ect that is conservative id buy a honda.

if i want a performance car with power id buy an FPV or HSV.

power and torque is one thing honda doesnt have. wow vtec

Philip Lee
17-09-2008, 11:27 AM
true...but don't the civic vti only have front air bags? so what's the problem? well...obviously type r is faster car but still...someone can go 180km/h in civic vti as well...

But how much does a vti cost and how much would a FD2R cost if it is available here.

price/equipment, how does FD2R compares with its competitors (in terms of $$) XR5/WRX/GTI/R26/VXR/Cooper S etc etc.

unfortunately we only make up a small &#37; of the market.

Type R Positive
17-09-2008, 11:31 AM
lol if i need a nice well built car to run the fam or myself around town, good on resale ect that is conservative id buy a honda.

if i want a performance car with power id buy an FPV or HSV.

power and torque is one thing honda doesnt have. wow vtec
My comments went over your head......
Please refer to Philip Lee's reply. ;)

DreadAngel
17-09-2008, 11:35 AM

FD2r still works in Japan tho. most owners would rip the bags off for a Nardi/momo in no time. and a recaro comes straight after. so no side bags are better over there.

and i was looking at a Honda mag the other day, Honda sold around 250 FD2R in japan a month. which is like 35% of the total Civic sales over there.

More on this...

FN2R being from Europe, most of the standards design and safety are usable as evidence to have the car approved. As long as the FN2R passes in Europe, it'll pass in Australia.

FD2R being from Japan, the standards aren't as stringent or are they as anal as Australian standards means additional cost in either getting it tested or more than likely having to produce parts up to Australian standard (Bullshit I know but apparently Japanese headlights aren't good enough for Australian standards, but good enough for 300km/h runs on the Wangan, just an example but its actually not that far off, have looked into importing stuff myself and the list of shit is amazing)

So it might just been a hell of a lot easier and cheaper to import the FN2R than the FD2R. Its just a PR bullshit that its too hardcore, Pagani Zonda too hardcore but its sold in Australia? And half the other exotics XD Honda Australia just doesn't see it feasible to import the FD2R, but in the end, they're a business so have to survive somehow...

Type R Positive
17-09-2008, 11:42 AM
More on this...

FN2R being from Europe, most of the standards design and safety are usable as evidence to have the car approved. As long as the FN2R passes in Europe, it'll pass in Australia.I overlooked this. I think you are right on the money! :)

DreadAngel
17-09-2008, 11:54 AM
There is some magical shit those guys in ADR and SEVS smoke, to tell me that my JDM machine has defective headlights? But the European one passes the test when they're identical? Yeah right...

denot
17-09-2008, 01:57 PM
so we should blame... THE GOVERMENT!!!! not honda AUS :p

Philip Lee
17-09-2008, 02:27 PM
good point DA

UNLS1
17-09-2008, 02:51 PM
My comments went over your head......
Please refer to Philip Lee's reply. ;)

ahh i see what u posted there!

no worries mate

samsung001
17-09-2008, 04:27 PM
This is no hope we can get the FD2R here anyways..........SO EP3 is the only JDM Type R in AU at the moment.................!

markoJEK1
17-09-2008, 04:45 PM
EP3 R is from the UK

samsung001
17-09-2008, 05:09 PM
EP3 R is from the UK

I believe all the EP3 in AU are from Japan. (Not THE UK SPEC)

dannybubu
17-09-2008, 05:10 PM
This is no hope we can get the FD2R here anyways..........SO EP3 is the only JDM Type R in AU at the moment.................!

EP3 R is from the UK

lol...owned...

Philip Lee
17-09-2008, 05:28 PM
ALL EP3 are made in UK.

Japan has their own spec.

we can only import Jdm spec that was made in UK. we can't get UK/Euro spec that was made in UK.

so we have JDM spec made in UK EP3.

clear everyone?

it's like our DC2R. it was made in Japan as AUDM. so it's still AUDM and not JDM even it's made in Japan.

Seren1ty
17-09-2008, 05:45 PM
nicely put ;)

bodaas
17-09-2008, 07:36 PM
stop dreaming pls people

dannybubu
17-09-2008, 08:35 PM
anyone know how much the jdm fd2r costs in japan??

DreadAngel
17-09-2008, 10:48 PM
http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/choice/price/2.5over-million-yen/

Doesn't take much lol...

dannybubu
17-09-2008, 11:21 PM
so thats about 40k aus??thats a good price...too bad if u bring it to australia it'll be like 50k

6-SpeedManual
18-09-2008, 01:36 PM
There is some magical shit those guys in ADR and SEVS smoke, to tell me that my JDM machine has defective headlights? But the European one passes the test when they're identical? Yeah right...

there are ADR exemptions for specific vehicles. example, the same way why evo's are allowed to have their license plates mounted on sides legally.

denot
18-09-2008, 01:49 PM
there are ADR exemptions for specific vehicles. example, the same way why evo's are allowed to have their license plates mounted on sides legally.

why oh why? :p

PS: are you the one used to called "Mingy" in this forum? you guys have the same pic and same cars :p

6-SpeedManual
18-09-2008, 02:19 PM
why oh why? :p

PS: are you the one used to called "Mingy" in this forum? you guys have the same pic and same cars :p

Yes denny!!! lolz and wheres the pic of your spoiler i asked you to send me once you painted it???

denot
18-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Yes denny!!! lolz and wheres the pic of your spoiler i asked you to send me once you painted it???

<-- Here it is ming... (NOTE: you need to use a magnifying glass to see it)

I'll post it on the diff thread latter ("modification for your 2006-2007" thread)

DreadAngel
18-09-2008, 03:23 PM

Yeah, they hand them out in what frequency? lol

MKI4EVA
22-12-2008, 08:39 AM
thought I'd dig this one up and express my disappointment at the fact that it now has next to no chance of making it here due to recent AUD tanking!!

would have been nice to keep the honda spirit alive................

FARK U USA!~!

warwick108
28-12-2008, 08:32 PM
just stick a k20 in ur fd.. =).. not the shitty one in the sports.. =).. get a gg'd fn2r.. and your on your way.. =)))

MKI4EVA
29-12-2008, 09:04 AM
I'm sure we'll see that happening soon.............someone out theres thinking it! : )

stoj19
29-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Are there any FD2R's in Australia at all? No one has personally imported one? Wow I should go live in Japan for a year and bring one back with me :eek:

Menzy
29-12-2008, 12:17 PM
no nothing at all.

m0nty ITR
29-12-2008, 12:29 PM
thought I'd dig this one up and express my disappointment at the fact that it now has next to no chance of making it here due to recent AUD tanking!!

would have been nice to keep the honda spirit alive................

FARK U USA!~!

That and the fact that the FN2 goes on sale in Japan next year. I'd be looking at it as a positive if you want to own an FN2. It will receive an LSD upgrade in Japan and I have heard talk about an IRS conversion for the Japanese market. It means a growing scene of tuning parts for the car too. J's Racing are looking to import an FN2 and a CU2 for them to develop parts for early next year.

e240
29-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Every other day, I still think of the FD2R...*Sob Sob*

MKI4EVA
30-12-2008, 09:03 AM
That and the fact that the FN2 goes on sale in Japan next year. I'd be looking at it as a positive if you want to own an FN2. It will receive an LSD upgrade in Japan and I have heard talk about an IRS conversion for the Japanese market. It means a growing scene of tuning parts for the car too. J's Racing are looking to import an FN2 and a CU2 for them to develop parts for early next year.

fark since I'm going to be in a CU2 next year I hope theres decent mods come'n out.

d@vid
30-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Very nice

dmx
30-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Every other day, I still think of the FD2R...*Sob Sob*
FD2R is a good car but nothing compare Mugen RR and ..hmmm... well, our poor neighbor got more than FD2R:D

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/IMG_1418.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/IMG_1415.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/IMG_1417.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/IMG_1413.jpg

3 available (might sold out now) for AU$106.000 each at this month currency rate

denot
30-12-2008, 09:17 PM
^^^ LOL @ "poor" neighbour...

Tekkenforce
30-12-2008, 11:02 PM
id say ballin neighbour lol

R123
01-01-2009, 11:46 AM
To all ppl waitting for FN2 comes in CW. they have it NOW in UK.

MugenBoi
02-01-2009, 05:10 PM
Yea and AUST wont get it until another yr or so. We have to wait for a while for anything to arrive here :o . Having read about the FN2R CW, I would prefer it over the FD2R .:)

JOhnnyFD
04-01-2009, 03:52 AM
god.. y we r so slow?

black8thgen
05-01-2009, 01:05 AM
lol.. bloody indos =.=... car just sits out and gets dirty there anyway LOL. come to think of it im heading back up to indo soon.. hmm hopefully ill spot that beauty hahah

denot
05-01-2009, 09:09 AM
^^^ hahahaha man... I didnt notice that it was @ indo... u have good eyes there mate... :p

UNLS1
05-01-2009, 09:28 AM
fark me, AU100k for a civic, most stupid purchase EVER!

prob the slowest 'sports' car for 100k too!

give me HSV GTS

denot
05-01-2009, 09:35 AM
^^^ hmmm would it be better to install the K20A and everything else on our FDs rather than purchasing the whole RR?

dmx
06-01-2009, 09:20 PM
fark me, AU100k for a civic, most stupid purchase EVER!

prob the slowest 'sports' car for 100k too!

give me HSV GTS
FYI, in Sing, Mugen RR worth SGD180.000 = AUD 185.000;)
(and FD worth SGD65.000 and FD2R SGD 95.000)
expensive country to have a car but still... they have all the car(s) in the world incl. Phantom coupe 2 doors and CF Pagani Zonda (only extra AUD400.000 from Ordinary Zonda):D

MWAKU
01-03-2010, 10:19 PM
anyone got pics of black fd2r cant find shit

howy
02-03-2010, 11:39 AM
anyone got pics of black fd2r cant find shit

Take a look at johnnyFD's car, it's got the FD2R kit...
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128525

or alternatively...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2663/3855512993_6822c3a439.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2494/3856303230_1a982eebde.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_S08HaXsWdUY/SMtPYtOU18I/AAAAAAAAAYo/u9Ty--qb9mg/s1600/P1.jpg

Stig
02-03-2010, 12:10 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2663/3855512993_6822c3a439.jpg

what lip kit is that? its hot

pinoy-boi
02-03-2010, 02:31 PM
FD2R is a good car but nothing compare Mugen RR and ..hmmm... well, our poor neighbor got more than FD2R:D

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/IMG_1418.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/IMG_1415.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/IMG_1417.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/IMG_1413.jpg

3 available (might sold out now) for AU$106.000 each at this month currency rate

were are these pictures taken?? its not in australia ryt.... looks like philippines to me.. :angel:

jckidz
02-03-2010, 02:34 PM
were are these pictures taken?? its not in australia ryt.... looks like philippines to me.. :angel:

Its taken in Indonesia

pinoy-boi
02-03-2010, 02:40 PM
ahhh, reminds me of phillipines, just less traffic lol

aero
02-03-2010, 04:44 PM
i thought dmx said they were in singapore?

howy
02-03-2010, 06:27 PM
what lip kit is that? its hot

It's the J's Racing one.

Stig
03-03-2010, 12:45 AM
looks so much better than the mugen lip kit for the fd2r imo