PDA

View Full Version : EK civic, extractor problem

GRK-B16
15-09-2008, 06:52 PM
hey i purchased some extractors off ebay for my b16a civic vti-r 1998. . . they fit on around the engine and the rest of the exhaust but my issue is that the far left pipe is touching against the clutch bleeder on the slave cyclinder. . . is this a common problem with the ebay extractors, are they just generally crappy and i should take em off cause they are bad for performance. . ne info wud be great. . . ill try n post a photo in a couple of days

D16EK1
15-09-2008, 09:21 PM
for B16 motors you have a wide range of choices for headers/extractors, i personally recommend you getting the Japanese branded ones(eg. toda, spoon, mugen, buddy club), although their a bit pricey, but you can't go wrong with them, but with part of the piping that is touching the bleeding valve, i think its a fault in either the design or the production of the product.

Riviera
15-09-2008, 10:03 PM
hey i purchased some extractors off ebay for my b16a civic vti-r 1998. . . they fit on around the engine and the rest of the exhaust but my issue is that the far left pipe is touching against the clutch bleeder on the slave cyclinder. . . is this a common problem with the ebay extractors, are they just generally crappy and i should take em off cause they are bad for performance. . ne info wud be great. . . ill try n post a photo in a couple of days

ebay rapes again, fk ebay for performance parts dude, there are some great items
on egay but thats probably not one of them.
ive bought a noname SRI off there which was good quality too but
when it comes to extractors or anything serious get the best product u can afford.
like D16EK1 said... you'll be far better off and overall better product.
+ respect out at meets :thumbsup:

we all like a bit of respect now and again...

Ek4Vtir
15-09-2008, 11:15 PM
yeah I was thinking bout purchaseing headers from Ebay aswell... but I heard they are really dodgy unless you go for top end ones. Just wondering how much "kw" does headers boost on b16a engines anyways? if anyone knows

GRK-B16
16-09-2008, 09:11 AM
i dunno numbers but after putting them on it didnt feel any better. . . felt the same really. . .i have 2 look into getting some better ones then . . thanks guys