PDA

View Full Version : spare tyre

danny_2132
16-09-2008, 06:39 PM
is it bad not to carry a spare type in the boot?

CB7_OWNER
16-09-2008, 07:27 PM
I wouldnt go anywhere without a spare tyre of sum sort that will fit your car. If your really want to not carry a spare tyre, at least carry a can of those " instant repair and inflator thingy's" from supercheap auto or something.

Could you imagine running a flat, or buckling a wheel and having to call a tow truck just cause you don't have a spare to temporarily swap on.?

danny_2132
16-09-2008, 08:45 PM
yer but i cant get my rim off with the spanner ting i got its a custom rim so i need a speacial machine gun ting to get it off lol

blk_shadow
16-09-2008, 10:02 PM
yer but i cant get my rim off with the spanner ting i got its a custom rim so i need a speacial machine gun ting to get it off lol

what do you mean? every nuts has their own keylocks and you can get them off providing you have the right lock keys. unless the one like on a race car. one big locknut in the centre of the rims. Is that the one?

kcokla
16-09-2008, 10:04 PM

if thats truely the case (which i doubt)
if i were you id be carrying a power tool then too!

Jarkz
16-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Sorry to Hijack, but can you get space saver spare wheels in 17ich?

blk_shadow
16-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Sorry to Hijack, but can you get space saver spare wheels in 17ich?

nope, no Honda space savers come in 17 inch.

the newer Honda cars have alloys or steel rims as their spares (depending on the grade of the car)

danny_2132
16-09-2008, 10:13 PM
umm my macanic tried taking it off manually but den he goes it jus doesnt work

and he had to use dat gun tingyy

now ive got the spare tyre sitting in my room :)

Dursty
16-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Unless you have a tow truck on call, not smart

trentski
16-09-2008, 10:17 PM
i dont carry a spare because of my custom boot install, i went to autobarn and for 60 bucks i bought a slime kit which contains a bottle of slime some tools and a 12 volt air compressor. basically u squirt the slime in the tyre then pump it up and drive to get it fixed.

blk_shadow
16-09-2008, 10:22 PM
umm my macanic tried taking it off manually but den he goes it jus doesnt work

and he had to use dat gun tingyy

now ive got the spare tyre sitting in my room :)

its probably someone has overtightened the nuts with the rattle gun. thats why its harder to untighten them manually. ask your mechanic to tighten them manually (with hands, not the rattle gun)

danny_2132
16-09-2008, 10:27 PM
i tink i might jus get dat fixing kit... whats it called and where do i get it??

cant wait turn 17 2moz and goin for driving testt in like a week and abit

VTECMACHINE
16-09-2008, 10:30 PM

This is a Spanner:

http://www.andy-graham.com/images/spanner.jpg

You should be using what Honda has given you in the tool kit.
or...

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/e5/6/AAAAAkvaougAAAAAAOVqJg.jpg

How custom are your rims?

trentski
16-09-2008, 10:32 PM
the company that produce the tyre sealent called "SLIME" make the kit up. you can buy just the slime on its own but they produce a road side assistant kit which as i mentioned earlier have everything you need to get you back on the road.

and they sell it at autobarn

danny_2132
16-09-2008, 10:50 PM
sik den i guess im goin derr 2moz :)

CB7_OWNER
16-09-2008, 11:11 PM
They also have a few kits @ Supercheap auto i saw 2 days ago as i mentioned... Relatively cheap.. around 20 bux i think...

And you should be able to get your rims off!! Go to a local tyre place and ask them for the correct lock nut providing your not using some expensive branded lock nut which have special designs........

BTW...even if you get the tyre repair kit, it is very likely you WILL have to take the tyre off to observe the damage and to repair it, you cant inflat a flat tyre under a car's load either i believe..

And spacer's come in many different sizes...just not Honda branded, you just gotta source one with the stud pattern for your integra....my friend has a gold gti, and it came with a 18" space spacer...!!!

VTECMACHINE
16-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Why not explain why you are unable to change your tyre, so we can help you out?

Better to change a spare tyre than to use that quick fix crap.

danny_2132
16-09-2008, 11:48 PM
the bolts on it require a special nut ting and a gun ting to get it offf and da bolts on my rims are deep in so yer

VTECMACHINE
16-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Can you supply pics?

danny_2132
16-09-2008, 11:56 PM
yer duno how to post pics on dis... i can take pics 2moz but yer...

day are just indented in so like u need a key type tingy to get it undone

and i never got a tool kit with my car i got like a 4 way tingy

yes im pretty noob at dis lol all my wordings n shit yer.. lol

VTECMACHINE
16-09-2008, 11:59 PM
You didn't get a tool kit. WTF?!
The Day's are indented... what does that even mean. Type properly man. LOL. What's a 4 way tingy? Sounds like a sex toy...

danny_2132
17-09-2008, 12:01 AM
lol i mean they are indented lol
and its like a 4 way thing with liek da things on the heads of it to take of the bolts

i know im reli bad at names of these things

danny_2132
17-09-2008, 12:02 AM
see dat its like dat but the bolts are pushed in more
http://www.custom-wheels-n-rims.com/images/cheap-rims1.jpg

VTECMACHINE
17-09-2008, 12:12 AM
Sounds similar to mine or pretty much anyone elses rims. You can definately use a ratchet or OEM tools in the kit with the spare wheel (100% sure you dont have one... should be in a poo brown wrap over bag type thingo).

danny_2132
17-09-2008, 12:15 AM
yer didnt get one i boought the car privately lol

and yer i tink i need one of does ratchet tingys lol

krzy
17-09-2008, 03:11 AM
You didn't get a tool kit. WTF?!
The Day's are indented... what does that even mean. Type properly man. LOL. What's a 4 way tingy? Sounds like a sex toy...

AhaHahahah Agreed.. ting dis ting dat.

Euro08Jaz
17-09-2008, 04:51 AM
yer duno how to post pics on dis... i can take pics 2moz but yer...

day are just indented in so like u need a key type tingy to get it undone

and i never got a tool kit with my car i got like a 4 way tingy

yes im pretty noob at dis lol all my wordings n shit yer.. lol

do you have to think to type like that or do you just type and it comes out like that?

slime might be handy but its not as good as having your spare, do you know what type of "special machine gun thing" is required to remove the nuts?

maybe you should ask your mechanic what you should do regarding the nut removal as without more specific information its difficult to help.

danny_2132
17-09-2008, 07:15 AM
lol narh i dun have to tink im jus typing normal and its jus flowing out ahhahah

yer im gona c if my mechanic can loosen them and i can manually retighten them...

jus duno when im free to go...

17 today fuk yaaa

Type R Positive
17-09-2008, 08:19 AM
I'd just carry a plug kit in the glove box.
It is mostly screws and nails you run over anyway.
Plug kits have saved my ass a few times, definately worth the $10.

That slime shit is exactly that. Shit. I tried it on my dirtbike, made no difference.

Lukey
17-09-2008, 10:11 AM
english please, i dont understand what in the world you are saying.

VTECMACHINE
17-09-2008, 10:27 AM
lol narh i dun have to tink im jus typing normal and its jus flowing out ahhahah

yer im gona c if my mechanic can loosen them and i can manually retighten them...

17 today fuk yaaa

What? You have to take a Tink? Find a toilet man, and quick. You have been talkin about Tinks for a while.

So you want your mechanic to loosen your nuts, and then you drive around and retighten them later? Be careful, you want to have ALL of your lug nuts TIGHT before you drive, or your wheel can fall off, and you may die - god forbid.

17... ahhh explains why you type like you do.

Zdster
17-09-2008, 12:08 PM

17 today fuk yaaa

Ah, the mystery is explained! (as above)

From using a Japanense translator on your text and converting into English, I think all you are saying is that the previous mechanic overtightened the wheel nuts and you cant get them off with hand tools, only air/power tools. If this is the case then get the mechanic to loosen them up so that you can do them manually.

danny_2132
17-09-2008, 01:08 PM
ohh na it was tight b4 he tightend em cause i poped my tyre last monday and i tok it to him...

he undid it and pumpd it up and sed da air jus came out , so der wernt ne nails in it or nefing.

and after he retightened itt

12 days to go till my pz :)

Zdster
17-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Ingrish?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1286/1353149657_ef54f88a9b.jpg?v=0

VTECMACHINE
17-09-2008, 01:17 PM
So you don't even have your P's yet? Are you driving around by yourself?

Next reponse... try and speak proper Engrish, and try type properly. It's a good life skill to have.

danny_2132
17-09-2008, 04:16 PM
I know ay i want to b like all of you, your like all using proper shit. Like fullstops and capital letters and shit, like even for the word English. And yes im on my L plates, i wanted to book them in today but i had exams, so yeah.

And I'm not driving around by myself right now, just typing on the computer.

wooww dat was a fkn efforrt ahahhaha

VTECMACHINE
17-09-2008, 04:35 PM
I know ay i want to b like all of you, your like all using proper shit. Like fullstops and capital letters and shit, like even for the word English. And yes im on my L plates, i wanted to book them in today but i had exams, so yeah.

And I'm not driving around by myself right now, just typing on the computer.

wooww dat was a fkn efforrt ahahhaha

That was much better!

You'll be needing to write properly for HSC, and later in life when you get a job. Get used to it mate.

danny_2132
17-09-2008, 05:44 PM
hsc is next year lol i can chill till den :)
and i only talk like this when i type