PDA

View Full Version : who can figure this out

FR33K
02-10-2004, 05:30 PM
hey ive just installed my system
running one alpine 12 inch type r sub
and a response 2 x 100 amp

ive got 2 probs....
1) when i drive with the volume down i can hear the bumps on the road thru my sub
2) when i brake/just about to stop... my sub gets louder and it sounds mad (like it should)

anyone have any ideas ??? maybe a dying altenator ???
thanks in advance

Ironfist
02-10-2004, 06:00 PM
loose wiring?

FR33K
02-10-2004, 06:34 PM
hmm i doubt loose wiring coz its still pumps... but it gets noticably bassier when i brake/turn roundabouts lol

HRV-80Y
02-10-2004, 10:18 PM
did u twist or solder ur wires 2getther ...?

did u wire ur amp direct from d battery...?

FR33K
02-10-2004, 10:27 PM
yes power is directly from the battery
and no wires need to be soldered/twisted ???
except the remote wire comin from the deck ??

sikcivic
02-10-2004, 11:15 PM
Have you got a fuse running of that wiring to the amp? Maybe when the car is stationary its not using as much power hence the sub making more power? I can assume with the limited information given.

FR33K
02-10-2004, 11:47 PM
yep theres a fuse running on the power wire
and thats wat i was thinking... when the car iis moving its draining the power ?
but i stil cant figure out why i can hear bumps on the road thru my sub..
first i had a really bad noise problem.. and i fixed that with thicker ground cable (connected to seat belt bolt).. but this problem didnt go away

Javed
03-10-2004, 12:52 AM
make sure paint is stripped away from all ground points. Also make sure you are running thick enough power cable.

PERTH_EURO
03-10-2004, 08:02 AM
Is the sub enclosure bolted down, or does it slide around?
If its sliding around take note of when its loudest and bolt it there..... sweet system is tuned!! :thumbsup:

:D ;)

BlacKEGPedroew
03-10-2004, 09:36 AM
make sure your auxillary cabling isnt ran along side your power cable, this will eliminate engine noise (suppression) and possibly road noise.

FR33K
03-10-2004, 11:15 AM
the sub is bolted down and the power wire is running on its own...
im confused hehe...
i think its time to get a professional to check it out
thanks people

D16A8
07-10-2004, 03:05 PM
Hey FR33K, when BlacKEGPedroew says "make sure your auxillary cabling isnt ran along side your power cable, this will eliminate engine noise (suppression) and possibly road noise: he means that the power cable from battery to amp needs to run on one side of the car, while the AV cable running from amp to head unit needs to be on the other side of the car. When they are run on the same side and in close contact they can cause 'noise' cutting into your optimal sound possible. Either that or you might need to get a noise suppression kit that most car audio retailers sell.

May seem like a repeat, but I hope it helps a little :o

Fhrx
08-10-2004, 10:12 AM
Dude, something just doesn't sound right with your system (it's make-up, not its litteral sound). Can you bring the car down here so I can diagnose it for you?