PDA

View Full Version : EK4 Dissy

Moe2168
17-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Hi All

My EK4 broke down and it seems the Dissy is the problem
does anyone no if a CXI dissy is the same as the one on a B16a?

both 96 models

jst one is a VTIR n the other a CXI

barefootbonzai
17-09-2008, 01:35 PM
no it's not the same and won't work.

vinnY
17-09-2008, 01:58 PM
different motors, different dizzy's

on the topic though
are all d series dizzy's interchangeable?
same with b series, interchangeable?

dsp26
17-09-2008, 02:16 PM
on another note though.. what is wrong with the dizzy?

no need to replace it if its not a mechanical problem... could it be just the coil or igniter?

dupac->
17-09-2008, 02:20 PM
different motors, different dizzy's

on the topic though
are all d series dizzy's interchangeable?
same with b series, interchangeable?
yeah i've been meaning to ask that aswell...?

[ricer]
17-09-2008, 03:00 PM
the y4 dizzy is different to any other honda one i seen

teh_mechanic
22-09-2008, 11:53 AM
no the d series dizzy from the cxi will not work with the b series engine in your ek4

you can replace seperate parts inside the dizzy, you dont have to replace the whole thing, 25% chance its the coil that has died, 65% chance the ignition control module has died (quite common, they go for just over $120 from 'Australian Fuel Injection'), 5% chance something else in the dizzy died.

but if money is no obect then sure you can change the dizzy. im pretty sure all b series dizzy's are not interchangeable. just this weekend i went to test my EG6 b16a2 in someones EK4 b16 but found that mine had 2 wiring connectors coming out but theirs had only 1. The distributor internals were the same though as my coil and ignition control module worked inside his dizzy.

So as eg6 is OBDI and EK4 is OBDII i guess all b series dizzy's are interchangeable except OBDI has 2 connectors but the OBDII's have one connector

EDIT ---- i found out that you can use any b series dizzy in any b series engine, you just have to swap the wiring connectors over if you are using an OBDI in an OBDII car, or visa versa,.....your car is OBDII